Author's Chapter Notes:
Mini chapter this time, just moving the story along. Thanks go to Fage for the beta, and the title of the chapter. Next chapter is written and should be posted later.
Calling another meeting, The Professor recapped his discussion with Rogue.

“At the present moment she is unwilling to gives us any information on who hired her to kill Logan.”

“Did she tell you anything at all, Professor?”

“Nothing of use Jean, but then again, I didn’t expect her to give in easily; she is, after all, a well trained and sought after assassin.”

“Well, she was kind enough to share a few bits of information with us.” Scott stated.

“What?” Ro’ asked.

“Oh, just that she has no ethics, no morals and no shame.” Came the half-sarcastic reply.

“Kinda’ learned that all ready, Scooter.” Logan told him with a smirk.

Choosing to ignore the remark, Professor Xavier continued, “Such a calculating criminal mind, the likes of which I fear has crossed my path before.”

The statement had everyone confused and it showed in their expressions; he clarified, “When I was talking to her earlier, I felt a certain familiarity. As if she was someone whom I‘ve known for years…” The Professor answered, trailing off in deep thought.

Ro’ looked to the younger team members, “Kitty, Jubilee, you researched Rogue, did you find anything?”

“Zip, zilch, nada, goose egg.” Jubilee answered, popping her gum.

“We searched all over, unsolved murders, mutant websites, anti-mutant websites, local, national and international, but it’s like she doesn’t exist.” Kitty added.

“Exactly what I was afraid of.” The Professor said thoughtfully, “No trail, which means we could very well be dealing with the best in her field.”

The teamed all looked to Logan who simply smirked, “Well, duh.”

An eerie silence fell over the group, but Bobby soon spoke, “Any idea who she was trained by, Professor?”

“There are only a select few who have the resources to make someone disappear in the way Rogue has.”

“The Military.” Logan growled.

“Yes.” Professor Xavier admitted, “Although from what I’ve seen, Rogue doesn‘t fit the profile of Military personnel. She lacks discipline.”

“So, where does that leave us?” Asked Scott.

“Well, there are a few other possibilities: The Syndicate, a Rogue Government, hence the name, and The Dragon Samurais.”

“Well it ain‘t the Samurais, I‘ll tell ya’ that right now.” Logan affirmed.

“How would you know?” Questioned Scott.

“They don’t work alone. I’da been killed in a threesome if the hit came outta’ Tokyo.” Logan smiled at the thought, “But what a way ta’ go.”

Sighing, Professor Xavier placed a hand to his temple in effort to ease an oncoming headache, “Well I suppose that leaves us back at square one.”

“Why don’t we go take another crack at interrogating her, Sir? She’ll have to slip up at least once and give us some kind of lead.” Scott offered.

“Are you sure, I could go in alone.”

“Yes Professor, I‘m sure. She won‘t get the best of me this time.”

“Shit, The Boy Scout lost his cool. Wish I’da been there to see that.” Logan teased.

Professor Xavier interrupted before Scott had a chance to reply, “Alright then, we shall try again.”

“Professor, I’d like to come along if that’s okay.” Said Jean, placing a hand on Scott’s shoulder.

“May I ask why?”

“Well, I think that seeing another woman in the room might make Rogue a bit less hostile. Besides, two telepaths are better than one, even if she can shield her thoughts.”

“Alright.” The Professor agreed, leading the way back to the lower levels.

Logan chuckled, “I bet Rogue’s shakin’ in her boots.”