Author's Chapter Notes:
Reached that part in the series with Logan contemplating his relationship with Rogue, awww poor Logie, who would have thought he'd be the sensitive one? :)
Trouble In Paradise


He’d been enjoying his third bowl of Cocoa Rocks when she’d plopped down on the couch next to him, her chin propped under one hand, head turned slightly to one side, watching him closely as he shovelled another spoonful into his mouth.

He tried to ignore her, but she just wouldn’t budge, damn kid jus’ sat there starin’. He looked at her at last; the spoon barely inches from his face, ‘What…?’ he demanded.
She shrugged her shoulders, and seemed to make a face at his choice of cereal.

Cocoa Rocks, yep, big bad ass Logan had a thing for the chocolate coated boulders of corn, what of it? A poor nutritional choice they may have been for a man with a coupla hundred pound of adamantium in him, but hell, he liked them. Besides it’s not as if he’d ever had a balanced diet, his other foodstuffs consisted of steak, rare as possible and beer, a helluva lot of beer.

But she sat there, Kitty Pryde, consumer of that rabbit food she called muesli, watching him eat, he growled in annoyance, smirking widely he shoved the spoon far into his mouth and crunched extra loudly.

Rather than take the hint, she got more comfortable, crossing her legs she sat close, ‘hey Logan, this thing you have with Rogue, what is it? I mean…’ she tossed her hair back, considering what her next words should be, ‘are you two even mutually exclusive?’

Logan’s eyebrows arched and he looked at her confused, wondering if it was possible to get high on that OJ she was always drinkin’, damn healthy food, he couldn’t help but wonder if little ol’ Kitty would turn a bright shade of orange if she drank enough of the stuff.

Kitty seeing she’d got his attention at last, ‘Is it anything more than a glorified shag-fest?’

Logan practically choked on those words, bits of chocolaty milk and cereal flying everywhere, ‘WHAT…?!’ He though he understood what her words had meant but he wanted to be sure.

‘You know shag-fest as in fuck-fest, as in squeaking bed springs, bouncing car, steamed up windows …’ she counted off the list on her fingers as if this was the most normal conversation in the world.

Logan shut his eyes tight, wishin’ he could do the same with his ears, ‘Yeah kid I know what ya mean, but I really don’t wanna have this conversation with ya…’

She persisted, ‘Oh come on Logan, you’re not gonna go all prim and proper on me now are you? Are you forgetting I saw enough of your ass to make sure nothings off topic anymore…’ she smiled widely at him.

Of course he remembered, it was hard to forget, being caught butt-naked and hovering between Rogue’s legs, talk ‘bout nights to remember, they’d had to field jokes about that night for the best part of the past seven months.

‘So I’m guessing your anniversary’s comin up?’ Logan turned to look at Kitty; she was leaning forward as if she was sharing a secret with him, ‘or should that be shag-iversary…?’

Logan jumped up as if the couch was on fire, ‘Will ya stop sayin’ that, damn…’ he muttered looking down at her, trying his best to look pissed off but she smiled all the same.

‘Come on Logan, it’s not as if you’ve even been on a proper date, and I mean one where you didn’t rip each other’s clothes off in the first half-hour.’

Logan practically ran out of the room at that.

Kitty twirled her hair round and around her fingers, she thought she was doing them a favour, it had bothered her, she loved both Logan and Rogue dearly, but damn if them two weren’t hopeless at the big stuff. Earlier in the day Rogue had let slip that it would be their first anniversary today, and Kitty had asked how they were gonna mark it.

Rogue had simply smiled, she’d thought Logan would book a restaurant or somethin’ didn’t really signify she’d said, she didn’t need that sort of thing, no need to mark a relationship with all those stupid milestones, first kiss, first date, first time of havin’ sex.

Kitty had been horrified at the idea, she’d kept all the memories of important dates with Kurt, a little box under her bed held all their memorabilia, movie ticket stub from their first date, the first fortune cookie they’d shared, all the love notes he’d sent, cards and scrapbook filled with pictures and little drawings of love hearts.

She was convinced that secretly Rogue wanted the same thing, a lovin’ thoughtful Logan, and a little box all of her own to keep under the bed. She’d decided to do them both a favour by interfering.


Rogue let the water wash over her, she’d been right about Logan booking a restaurant, and he’d told her to be ready by eight, she smiled as she washed the shampoo out of her hair, not that it mattered, they’d probably never make it to the restaurant anyway.

They’d tried the date thing before; problem was most of the time they were both so fuckin’ horny. They’d take one look at each other, the hands would start wandering and before they knew it the clothes would be gone and they’d usually end up in the backseat of the truck or back into their rooms, hers or his.

Turned out she liked it just like that, she knew other couples had it different, Kitty and Kurt had that whole lovey-dovey thing down, but Rogue had no problems with what she shared with Logan.

What Kitty didn’t understand was, Logan and she had had their first kiss, first date, first sex, and all in one go. First times were for everything, neither of them did things by halves, and that included barrelling headfirst into a relationship.

And the great thing was she knew Logan felt exactly the same, they didn’t need the whole being around each other all the time, didn’t need the holding hands and making smoochy noises at each other, didn’t need the cute pet names, it was what it was.

She was happy to let it lie at that, she liked the uncomplicated thing, the whole lets-rip-each-others-clothes-off-and-have-a-marathon-sex-session, fuck all the questions, let that shit come later if it ever does. Neither of them was good at the big conversations, the whole ‘love you’ thing, Rogue knew it, and she was convinced Logan knew it to.

It was enough.


Damn annoying X-kid, her questions had gotten him riled up, what the fuck had she meant ‘bout them being mutually exclusive?

He hadn’t as much as thought ‘bout another woman since Rogue, thing was he couldn’t exactly say the same ‘bout her. She was fuckin’ gorgeous, the blind could have guessed at that, long legs, pale skin, thick eyelashes and that glorious hair. Plus she had that whole control thing down now, it made her more approachable, available.

It hurt like hell, but he wouldn’t have blamed her if she’d thought ‘bout bein’ with other guys, more refined guys, pricks like that damn Cajun, smooth romantic guys who did the flowers, chocolate and love hearts thing. He didn’t have that, he was rough and clumsy, and he was no smooth talkin’ Frenchie that was for sure.

Thing was he’d gotten comfortable, they gave each other space, no need to spend every other minute together, no need to hang onto each other’s words, the cute pet names, the whole loved up stuff, it seemed enough that they would fall in and out of bed with each other.

But somethin’ ‘bout Kitty’s words had hit home, and he realised maybe it wasn’t enough, maybe it was time they had the big conversation, the whole where this was thing going conversation. Tonight, it had to be tonight, on their anniversary, or shag-iversary as Kitty had put it.

He hadn’t known when it had happened but all of a sudden, ‘glorified shag-fest jus’ didn’t cut it anymore.


She slipped in smoothly into the seat next to him, wearing a low cut black silk dress, calf length black boots and a short jacket over the top, he had trouble keeping both hands on the wheel already.

She smiled at him, devilishly and as she reached over to kiss him, Logan knew that if he got into this with her now, no way were they ever gonna have that conversation he thought they both needed.

But she didn’t detect any hesitation as she reached for him, her hand reaching for the back of his neck, her lips meeting his gladly, she smiled as he opened up to her readily, seemed like they weren’t gonna make it to the restaurant after all. She shifted in her seat and moved across to settle in his lap, he accommodated her willingly and she pressed his head back into the seat.

He looked up at her, getting lost in the moment, his hands wandering up and down her back, fevered touches that she moaned and writhed into, they’d gotten to this point before, they’d either move into the back seat now, or go up to their room. The dressing up all a waste of time, since neither they nor the clothes made it out of the garage or past the short Academy driveway.

But not this time, they were gonna talk this out, one way or other, even if he had to tie his hands behind his back, to keep his mind on the things he needed to say, though come to think of it being tied up by Rogue would be helluva lot of fun…, no, no, he mentally slapped himself upside the head…, gotta talk ‘bout this, gotta work this out.

He found himself pushing her up and out of his lap, and pressing her family down back in her own seat, she frowned at him. ‘Baby…?’

Logan looked closely at her, his intense gaze had her shivering in anticipation, ‘Rogue, what’re we doin’?

She laughed slightly, ‘Dunno ‘bout ya Logan, but truth is ah was jus’ gettin’ started.’ She looked at him again, ‘What’s the matter? Ah’d ask if ya weren’t up to the task sugah, but boy soldier here is pretty much all the answer ah need…’

She brushed her hand hard against his obvious erection, she was right, he could never help his body reacting to her, to her voice, to her words, to every single touch, but he needed to know, they needed to figure this out. He took hold of her hand and pushed it away, she seemed hurt by his action.

‘Rogue…’ he whispered, not sure if he was gonna like the answer he would get to his questions, ‘what is this…, this thing we’ve got goin’? Is it anythin’ more than a fuck-fest?’

She seemed to be taken aback by his words, before she laughed nervously and reached for him again, ‘Maybe, ah ain’t sure…’ she nuzzled his neck, ‘but it sure is a helluva place to start…’

Wrong answer, he pushed her away again, ‘Get out…’ He couldn’t believe what he was sayin’ he was turnin’ down an evening of sex, and for what? Because it wasn’t enough.

‘What?’ She asked him, she couldn’t believe what he was saying either.

‘Get out Rogue…’ he placed both hands on the steering wheel, gripping tight, holding on, holding out. Not tonight, no way was this happening tonight, no sex, no glorified fuck-fest.

She saw at last he was serious, realising she had given the wrong answer to whatever he had been trying to ask her, get out ‘cause what you said was out of place.

‘What d’ya want from me Logan…?’ He turned to look at her as she spoke, his eyes feral, his look deadly intent, and she understood perfectly, something more than what you’re giving me now.

She thought it’d been enough.


She found him in the danger room, battling a few sentinels, pushing the programme to the limits, practically kicking the shit out of anything that moved. He was still dressed to the nines, smart pants and shirt, the only other time she’d ever seen him in a suit had been at Jean and Scott’s wedding, but he had made an effort now.

She knew he hated the monkey suit as he called it, hated all that poncey dress up shit, but for tonight, for their anniversary he’d taken the trouble, she wondered why she hadn’t noticed it before in the car, probably ‘cause she’d been too busy trying to get her rocks off.

Right now, with that shirt sticking to his back from sweat, all his ferocious grunting and growling, she was ashamed to say she was as turned on as she ever was, he looked at her as she approached him slowly, not returning her smile.

He called for the computer to pause the simulation, and the room promptly stopped, he went to grab his towel and she followed him. It hadn’t taken much to figure out what he’d been trying to ask her, to offer some clarification, to make this clearer, what are we, what are we doin’?

‘Look Logan, ah honestly don’t know what this, what ah do know is that ah ain’t so good with the big conversations…’

The big conversations, the I love you sort of conversations, the let’s make this more concrete, the let’s stop and talk conversations, the maybe if we stopped jumping each others bones long enough we might jus’ figure this out sort of conversation.

Nope he wasn’t so good at those either, look at what had happened tonight, he’d gotten angry and defensive, pissed off and incoherent. He didn’t know what to say, and she smiled gently at him.

‘All ah know is that ah trust ya, more than anything and anyone ah’ve ever known…’
That was it, exactly the right thing to say, he knew what it meant to her to say those simple words, and it seemed he’d been holding his breath just for that.

‘Ah trust ya’, trust as intrinsic to her as anything else in the world, more important for her because she’d been hurt so many times before, so many times lost the faith in people around her.

But not with him, ‘ah trust ya’, better than holding hands, better than all that smoochy loved up stuff, better even than I love you, and much, much more important.
This was what it was, and it was enough.

He grabbed hold of her hand as she turned to walk away, thinking maybe she’d gotten it wrong again, he pulled her close and kissed her. It was enough, the rest could come later…, this was more than enough.

He pushed her back against the console, hitching her up so she sat on the desk, his hands roaming all over her body, pulling and tugging at her jacket, removing it and throwing it behind him, her dress pulled up and over her head, the boots following, a pile of clothes heaped on the floor.

She was going commando, and he was glad for it, his tongue latched onto her nipple, tasting, nipping, she fought with the buckle of his pants, pushing the trousers down with her bare feet, Logan growling at her insistence, his need as urgent at hers, glorified fuck-fest sometimes worked just as well.

He grunted as he entered her, it was more, helluva lot more now, and it reflected in their combined efforts, she gasped as he filled her whole, touching every part of her setting every nerve alight, and when they began to move, the rhythm was found easily, the pleasure heightened and all because she’d said she trusted him.


Scott was given a personal tour to the newest mutants to join the Academy, Spyke, Storms nephew, and another very influential and very wealthy young man, Archangel, Warren Kenneth Worthington the third.

They entered the Danger room, from the door in the balcony, the view from here offered a complete picture of the very technical and very sophisticated simulation arena. Scott looked around and saw the programme paused midway, Sentinels standing at the ready, and he ushered his visitors in.

‘This is our simulation room,’ he explained, ‘also known as the Danger room; this offers real time simulations of various battle scenarios a mutant may face, providing the best sort of training possible, as you can see it appears one of our dedicated students is already half way through a simulation…’

It was then that he saw just what programme was being ‘run’, Logan’s bare ass bouncing around once more, the grunting and groaning vibrating around the whole arena, he could only stare as Rogue and Logan reached an overwhelming wave of ecstasy, her scream shook the glass.

He turned quickly to his guests, bug eyed, he tried to smile, the two young men seemed oblivious to him, they were looking around him as he tried vainly to avert their gaze from the two very naked bodies.

‘Gentleman I think we should leave…’ he mumbled, silently cursing Logan once more for the panoramic view he’d given him and the fresh batch of nightmares.

They protested and Spyke tried to peek under the rapidly closing shutter of the window, ‘Damn…! I wanna run whichever simulation they’re on…’