“Why do I have a feeling that we’re not in Kansas anymore?” She muttered, turning her gaze back to Logan who lay on the bed, his eyes closed, a machine breathing for him.
*We’re in Westchester. Xavier’s School For Gifted Youngsters. Doctors at the hospital didn’t know what to do, your injuries were… Well, it was pretty bad. Xavier brought you here. Read your mind and figured how your mutation worked. I let you loan my mutation.*
“You… You are going to be alright, right?” She asked with a trembling voice.
*As good as new. Needed a vacation anyway… Oh, kid? I never did get the chance to take that mp3 to info. It’s still in my pocket, if you want it.*
“But… Isn’t that stealing?” She asked.
*We could call it a permanent loan. Hell, they aren’t that expensive. I think they put my clothes in that closet on to your left.*

Going through his pants pockets reminded Marie of the way her mother used to clean up johns that passed out on to their couch.
“Oh, what about my mom? She… Well, I know she won’t be worried, but does she know where I am?” She asked. She could feel Logan’s mood darken.
*Don’t worry, kid. She knows where you are…* Her fingers grasped the mp3-player.
“She knows? Where is she?” She asked. She could feel Logan’s reluctance to answer.
“Logan…”
*Probably home. Getting wasted. Maggie talked with her. They… They agreed that it would maybe be the best if you stayed here instead of going back there. Look, kid… I’m… I’m sorry.*
“No. It’s okay. I have known for years that she doesn’t like me that much. I just… I never thought that she actually hated me…”
*Shit… Come on… Don’t cry. I’m sure she’ll realize sooner or later what mistake she made. She’ll be here sooner than you think and takes you back home…*
“You don’t have to lie to me! She doesn’t want me! Fine. I don’t want to go back there. If… If it’s all taken care of, I’d much rather stay here than go back there. I’m up to my throat full of her shit, drugs and johns… At least in here I don’t have to worry if somebody’s going to try to beat or rape me, right?”
*Jesus, no! I may not like them much, but they’re good people. This place, this is some sort of boarding school for mutants. From what I have heard about this place from Maggie, you’ll fit right in.*
“Boarding school? Sounds expensive… “
*Don’t worry. I’m sure Maggie has already settled things with Xavier.*