Afterwards she couldn’t remember a thing from their slow and tedious journey through the outskirts of the city. She had been too tired, too nervous and frazzled to take notice anything else but Logan and his voice as he prattled on directions and names of the streets. She was quite sure that she had taken a wrong turn at least dozen times, but Logan had been surprisingly patient, only snorted tiredly and told her to learn the difference between right and left.

Now they were sitting in the tiny kitchen of his camper. They had abandoned Summers’ car and walked last blocks, just in case there was a bug of some sort installed in to the vehicle. Her feet hurt and her head felt like it could explode at any moment. Logan wasn’t faring much better. He had changed dry clothes on, and it hit her that he had been prancing around the camper completely naked for few precious seconds and all she was able to do was to yawn widely and pray for the dear Lord in heaven that there weren’t anything embarrassing lodged between her teeth because earlier she had been too tired, then too busy, and now just plain exhausted to care about her dental hygiene.

Yawning was contagious. Logan tried feebly to stifle his own response, but lost the battle long before it even had properly begun.
“Fuck… We have to leave the planning little later. We can afford for few hour’s nap.”
“But…”
“No buts kid. I’m beat. So are you. Here, see? This’ll wake us up in… Three hours? We’ll have plenty of time to figure out what to do and we might even come up with something reasonable instead of just getting us both killed,” Logan explained, adjusting the alarm clock that sat on the table.
“Fine….”
“It better be. Go to bed. I’ll sleep on the couch.”
“Um… Logan… Can we…”
“No. We can’t. Go to sleep, Marie.”
“But I don’t want to sleep alone. I’m scared.”
“Yeah. And I’m tired. And angry. I’ll sleep on the couch, darling.”
“Logan, please…”

He sighed frustrated, then suddenly his nostrils flared. He tilted his head.
“You’re not scared.”
“Uh…”
“You weren’t going to sleep.”
“Logan, I… I…”
”Kid, I already told you. I’m not the right guy. I’m…” She closed the short distance separating them and silenced him by placing a quick kiss to the corner of his mouth. Quick enough for her skin not to react, but long enough for Logan to fall in to stunned silence. He just stared at her for a long moment, then uttered a soft curse when she leaned closer him again and grasped her buttocks when her lips landed on his more boldly.
“I’m not the right guy, kid… But if you want me… You can have me….”