*Wake up.* She whimpered and scrunched her eyes shut.
*Wake up!* Just few more minutes. She was so blessedly tired.
*I’m standing right behind you naked.*

“What?” She sat up abruptly.
*Well, not really. But at least you woke up.*
“Logan? Oh, my God! Are you alright?” Events flooded back in her mind. The statue. Logan touching her. Scott smiling cruelly, and kicking Logan.
*Sssh. Stop shouting. Don’t want them to find out about me. They think I’m dead and that suits me just fine.*
“Where are you?” She asked, barely moving her lips. She could sense confusion. Exhaustion. Pain.
*Inside Liberty’s torch. Fuck. I think I broke a claw… Won’t go back in… Probably bent it when Summers kicked me over…* It really wasn’t the time or place to giggle. It really wasn’t. She couldn’t help the smile that spread on her face.
*Stop fucking grinning! At this hour Xavier and his crew are probably sleeping. Take Kate with you and leave. Xavier destroyed that file I had collected from him.*
“I can’t just… Kate’s with Jean and Scott. I can’t just walk in to their suite and take her.”
*Fuck. Fuckety-fuck… Why the hell everything has to be so fucking complicated? Huh? Is it fucking too much to ask for one thing go smoothly for a change? Oh… Shit… Kid? Come and get me… We’ll figure out something later…*
“But… It’s too far… I don’t know how to drive…” She was up from the bed and pulling on clothes.
*I’ll tell you what to do… Just hurry, okay? I don’t know how long… Before I wake up.*
“You were out over a week last time.”
*You took more from me last time. Now Summers… Took you away from me as soon as you started to wake up…*

She could already feel Logan in her head fading when she crept through silent corridors, carrying her shoes to prevent their heels clicking and waking other occupants. Then, just as she opened the door to garage, he disappeared altogether.
“Shit… Well, it can’t be that hard…” She muttered, climbing in to the first car in the row. The fact that it belonged to Scott felt only appropriate. Payback. He hurt Logan; she used his car to rescue Logan.

She fumbled quite clumsily for a moment, getting familiar with steering wheel and gears before pushing the key she had found waiting on the dashboard to the ignition.
*Allow me…* Suddenly Logan was back. She could almost feel his hands curling on top of hers, turning the key, and gripping the wheel hard.
*Professor’s awake. Had to distract him. He was trying to get inside of your head. Ready?* She shook her head and relaxed, trying to let go. Trying to give Logan free reign over her mind and body.
“Ready.” Car practically flew out of the garage and sped out through the gates, passing closing iron bars by mere inches.

It felt strange, but somehow comforting. She had never felt Logan’s presence as strongly as now. It was almost as if he was sitting right there with her, his whole body cocooning hers. His hands were guiding hers, his legs pressing pedals. They were breaking every known speed limit, but she didn’t mind. She wasn’t afraid. Not before she realized why she felt him so strongly.
“Logan? You… How bad is it?” She asked.
*It’ll be alright… Don’t worry. We had to fight off Sabretooth, Mystique and Toad. Took few punches, but it’s not that bad…*
“You’re going o be alright? And don’t lie to me this time.”
*You want the truth?*
“Well, duh! I have to know should I call the coroner to come with me!” She tried to joke, but her voice was trembling.
*Shit… I don’t know… Just hurry up, okay? I think… I think I’m bleeding…*