“Okay. Here. You just have to sign these two papers.” Logan handed her another folder, much thinner than the previous one.
“It wasn’t like real marriage, anyway… And I have no possessions to split, so this is just a formality,” he said. She took the papers and read them through. Really just a formality. She took the pen.
“Where are you going to go?” She asked, her hand hovering over the paper. Logan shrugged.
“Truth to be told, I have no idea. Maybe back to Canada. Why?”
“Could you… Could you wait until tomorrow morning?” She asked. Logan’s brows knit together.
“Why?”
“I… We really have no place to go with Kate after this is all over. I was thinking…” Her voice trailed off when Logan huffed and took the pen from her.
“Kid…” He hung his head, obviously trying to find right words.
“I’m not expecting anything, I’ll take care of Kate and get a job, I promise…”
“Hush. Just shut up now, okay?” Logan barked.

“I didn’t mind taking care of you two. Didn’t mind a bit. I’d love to have you two with me. I miss Kate. I miss you.”
“But…”
“Shut up. Let me finish… When I leave, I’m not going to settle to some cozy cabin. There will be no fireplace. No freaking picket fence. Those things will tie me down, and I’ll be a sitting duck, just waiting for Magneto to swoop in. It’ll be my bike, the road and me. There’s no room for Kate. Just sign the damn papers and let me go, kid.”
“Is this same kind of plot you used when you tried to get rid of me last time?” She asked.
“Shit. This is no fucking plot. It’s the truth. And I have already wasted enough time. Sign the papers, kid.”
“What if I don’t?”
“Sign them.”
“What if I don’t want to do it?”
“I’m not asking if you want it or not! Magneto doesn’t probably know about you yet. Don’t even want him to find you. He’d use you to get me.”
“Hmph… Like that would even work…” She muttered, taking the pen. Before she had the time to even touch the paper with the tip of it, Logan yanked her up from where she sat, hands squeezing her arms hard.
“It would work. Believe me.”
“Logan, what…”

His face was only inches from hers, their noses nearly touching.
“I’m no better than Summers, Marie. I only stayed here this long because…” He closed his eyes and swallowed, shoving her away from him.
“Fuck! Just sign those goddamned papers and leave!”
“No.”
“Pick up the pen and sign!”
“No.”
“Marie! Hasn’t Summers done already enough?”

She had toyed with the idea. Idea of what it would feel with somebody that meant something to her. Somebody who cared about her. What it would feel if it mattered. If it was Logan.

“I want to know what it’s supposed to be.”