It was a beautiful evening. Weather was warm, sun was shining, and only small breeze rustled leaves of the trees. Yet she was nervous. Extremely nervous. She was on her way to Logan’s. Finally she had gotten out of Xavier’s on her own, and she was on her way to sign divorce agreement. She had phoned Logan earlier that day. On the phone he had sounded distant, but not so openly hostile as usually when she saw him at the mall with Scott.

She wiped her sweaty palms to her thighs before knocking to the door of his trailer. Door swung open.
“Hi…” She squeaked. Logan nodded, his gaze scanning surroundings before he stepped aside to let her in.
“Where’s Summers?” He asked.
“I… Back home. Why?”
“I’m surprised he let you out alone, that’s all. Sit. I’ll go and get the papers.”

Logan went in to bedroom and she sat to the couch clasping her hands together to stop them from trembling. Last time she had been in here everything had been fine. Logan had been her friend. Kate had been with her. She had had her whole life ahead of her, head filled with plans of a possible future. Tomorrow it would all end, one way or another.

Logan threw a thick manila folder to the table in front of her. She reached for it, but he placed his hand on top of it.
“Coffee?” He asked. Almost friendly, not really a question. She nodded, leaving the folder to table.

It all felt so normal, and familiar. Just two friends spending time together.
“We need to talk. There’s something you need to know before you do anything,” Logan said, loading the coffee maker. She couldn’t resist anymore, but picked up the folder and opened it.
“These are not divorce papers…” She noted, rifling through reports and newspaper clippings.
“Nope. I have those ready as well, but I thought you could use those more.”

She took a closer look of the pile of papers on her lap.
“I’m not supposed to… Shit. You’re not cleared for that stuff, but I figured you’d have better chance to use it than anybody else.”
“Wha… What is this all?” She asked confused. Folder was filled with information about Xavier, X-Men and school. Names, dates, events, and huge pile of things nobody was supposed to know.
“There are people who have been aware of what’s going on for quite some time now. We have been keeping our eye on Xavier over ten years now.”
“What?”
“Over ten years. And now it looks like you’re our best chance to bring him down. Take that folder and use it. Use it well.”

“When Xavier stepped in to politics with Magneto, certain people got worried. After a while it became apparent that they had a good reason to worry. Our good, ethical professor was using his power, pushing through laws and decisions that work for him. That’s when project Wolverine was opened. I was just an ordinary guy with a snappy mutation. We made it look like I had gone through hell, reinforced me, and made me a perfect, unstable weapon. Something Xavier couldn’t resist. He had to have me in to his ranks. Spend some time with his loony bunch, with quite pathetic results. Our good professor guards his secrets all too closely. I had to pull out before they blew my cover. Next we tried with Kitty Pryde. Not my idea. I already knew that summer’s was in to little girls. But my bosses thought we could use that. For a while it looked like it would work. Then she got pregnant and disappeared from our radar. Next thing I knew I was back there, laid to that stretcher in the med lab, listening recording you found from that mp3…” Logan spoke, sipping his coffee every now and then.
“They fooled you to take on Kitty’s cross. I fucking tried to keep you out of it. Why the hell did you have to go back? Huh?” He asked. There was no malice in his voice, just tiredness.
“And Kate… Was it absolutely necessary to take her back too? You could have left her with Layla… Well. What’s done is done…” He drained his mug and placed it on the table.
“There’s everything you need to take down Xavier in that folder. Get Kate out first, and go with her to city hall. There’s a woman called Angie Hodges. She’s the prosecutor. Give that folder to her.”

“But… Why haven’t you done it before? Why don’t you do it now?” She asked confused, and angry. She had given her body for Scott to use, had laid her life, had laid Kate’s life for line, and for what?
“I had my orders. People I work for wanted to be absolutely sure. They didn’t want Xavier to squirm free because of some loophole they hadn’t noticed. And it’s already too late for me to try anything. I have my own worries…”
“Magneto?” She asked, remembering the conversation she had heard at the mall earlier.
“He’s coming for me. I’ll be leaving tonight.”
“But… What about those people you work for? Can’t they help? Shouldn’t they help?” She asked puzzled. Logan laughed bitterly.
“As far as they’re concerned, I’m expendable. Failed gear in the machinery. We had a deal, and when I couldn’t deliver…”
“That’s fucked up! They can’t do…”
“They can, and they will. They don’t need me anymore. As far as they’re concerned, Xavier’s won, and they’re cutting all ties, covering their tracks before Xavier snoops them out and makes them a warning example. I guess they’re hoping that Magneto takes the old geezer down for them.”