“What was that for?” She asked, wiping her mouth with the back of her hand, trying to erase the warm feeling that the kiss had woken in her.
“Had to do something… To keep me from bolting.”
“I still don’t understand… Why? Why you think you have to leave?”
“After I take down Scott, Xavier and everybody else involved this mess, Xavier’s buddies will come after me. Nice cop from the mall can’t hurt them, can’t keep up running, can’t stay alive. This… All this, who I am right now… You’re distractions. You and Kate. As well as everybody and everything else in my life. I have to cut everything loose to keep my head clear.”
“It doesn’t have to be like that…”
“Yes, it does. You can’t have it both ways.”

“Fine. Go. Go back to mall. Close your eyes and keep pretending that it doesn’t matter,” she hissed.
“It doesn’t matter. It’s not our business anymore.”
“What if it was me? Or Kate?”
“What the hell are you talking about?”
“What if it was me or Kate Scott was banging? Would you even care?” She asked. Logan reached for the baby and took her on his lap.
“You two are safe now. That’s all that matters to me.”
“But how long? Xavier has no power over Canadian officials, but do you honestly think that’ll stop him? And who’s even going to care if they swoop here with the Blackbird and take us down? We’re just couple of muties as far as people are concerned!”
“Marie!”
“But that’s okay. You can go back home and keep chasing bums and shoplifters. I get it. It’s not your fight. Not your concern. And it must be a real drag to take care of couple of ungrateful brats anyway. Just go. I’ll deal with Xavier by myself…”
“The hell you are! You’re going to stay here and take care of Kate! She needs you more than any other person in this world right now!”
“Who are you to tell me what to do? You’re not my father!”
“I’m not your father. But I’m your husband. Doesn’t make you a slave of mine, but I think I have some say over in this matter…”
“You really are an asshole!”
“Big enough to keep you from making a serious mistake. I brought you here to keep you both safe. I’ll be leaving soon, but I’ll make sure that my friends know you’re here, they’ll keep watch over, and help you out if you need anything.”