She’s nervous, and for a good reason. They’re sitting in a car, behind a short line of other cars. In front of border. Kate’s sleeping peacefully on the back seat, clutching a rag and a small teddy bear. Logan’s fiddling with the radio, trying to find any station that would play anything but latest pop. And the moment is getting nearer and nearer. When she sees uniformed man walking towards their car she squeaks out loud. Logan throws her a glance. ‘Stop-fucking-around-before-I-clock-you’ kind of glance. Then his gaze shifts a bit. He turns to look at the approaching patrolman, then turns back towards her and reaches with his hand, tangling it to her long, brown locks. Before she can do anything he swoops in, lips pressing against hers, tongue sliding, seeking entrance. There’s a knock on the window, she can feel the pull starting and Logan flinches, but doesn’t end the kiss before patrolman knocks again.

He’s out of breath, she’s completely baffled, face flushed and mind reeling when Logan rolls down the window. Patrol man smiles politely and apologies for intrusion, but would Logan be so kind and hand out their ID’s. He doesn’t even look them through properly, just fiddles with them and hands them back, waving them forward, welcoming them to Canada.

“Sorry about that. Had to make sure that you didn’t bolt…” Logan mumbled. She was still trying to clear her head. They had just kissed. Logan had just kissed her. Full skin on skin kiss, with tongue and everything.
“It’s… It’s okay… Are you alright?” She managed to stammer.
“I’m okay. Shit. You pack one hell of a punch, kid. Had already forgotten what it felt…” He was pale, and his hand shook when he shifted gears.
“Sorry.”
“Don’t be. I’m not…” Logan whispered.
“Got us over the border. We’re officially in Canada now. How does it feel to be safe, kid?”