“What’s this?” She asked puzzled. They had gotten out of the city. Greg had stopped the car in front of a small barn on the side of the road. Logan stepped out and urged Marie to follow. Greg was digging up a handkerchief from his pocket, muttering something to himself.
“I’m sorry… This… I always cry at the weddings,” he explained when Marie cast a curious glance at his direction.
“Weddings? Who’s getting married? Do we even have time for…” She stopped asking questions when Logan pushed open the door of the barn, revealing all too familiar face for her. Kurt Wagner, AKA Nightcrawler stood there.

“Logan! You… This…” She turned towards the car; fully expecting to see rest of the X-Men standing there, ready to slaughter her and Kate. There was nobody. Car stood undisturbed on the side of the road. Door was open and she could see Kate sleeping peacefully inside.
“Come on, kid. We don’t have the whole day,” Logan said and grabbed her hand, pulling her in to the barn, in front of smiling Kurt.

“Dearly beloved, we have gathered here in front of…” Kurt started the ceremony. Logan grunted irritated.
”Skip the small talk, Crawler. We’re in a hurry!”
“Fine. Do you, Logan Devereaux, take this woman as your lawfully…”
“I do. Hurry up!”
“Do you, Marie D’Ancanto…”
“She does. Come on! We really have no time for this!” Logan hissed exasperatedly. Kurt gave them papers, which they signed up, then Logan was steering her out of the barn, sniffling and blubbering Greg close on their heels.
“I love weddings, but I hate to cry…”
“You’re just a big wuss. Can you drive, or do I have to take the wheel?” Logan asked.

“What the hell just happened?” She asked, still dazed. Logan turned to look at her from the front seat.
“We got married. Congrats, kid. Oh, I almost forgot… Give me your hand…” He took the hand she gave and put a ring to her finger. Just a simple gold band. She noticed he was wearing a ring as well.
“Married… Logan? I… Uh… I don’t… What the hell is going on!?”
“I’ll explain everything to you later. Right now we have to get the hell out of here. Greg, there’s a small town coming up ahead, just couple hours drive.”
“Artena. Know the place.”
“Can you give us a ride to there?”
“Sure.”