She woke up to the scent of fresh coffee and Katy’s gurgle and giggling. She wasn’t on the couch anymore. Some time during the night Logan had moved her in to bedroom. Bed was narrow, but comfortable. He had taken off her boots, loosened the belt and top buttons of her shirt. She stretched and yawned, feeling warm and rested first time in days. Door opened and Logan stood in the doorway, Katy giggling and cooing against his shoulder.
“Morning. Feeling better?” He asked. She nodded.
“Breakfast? There’s bacon and eggs.” Again she nodded and sat up, wrinkling her nose when the scent of her own body reached her nose.
“Uh… You wouldn’t happen to have a bathroom?” She asked, noting that her bladder was practically screaming for relief.
“Sure. Here,” Logan said, opening a door next to bedroom. It was tiny, but there was a shower and a toilet seat.
“Don’t take too long in the shower or you’ll run out of hot water,” he warned when she bolted past him, closing the door behind her.
“I wont… Ahhh…” Peeing was nearly religious experience, and she couldn’t stop the satisfied groan that followed the feeling of empty bladder.

She took a quick shower, enjoying every droplet of water falling over her.
“I left you some fresh clothes on the couch. I’ll be outside with Katy while you get dressed,” she heard Logan saying. Door opened and closed, and she was alone. Suddenly shower was the last thing in her mind. She dried herself quickly and got dressed in record time. Katy was with Logan. He wouldn’t let anything to happen to her. He wouldn’t. But she couldn’t be sure if the baby wasn’t in her sights.

“Katy!” She barged out of the trailer, startling Logan who had been leaning against the aluminum wall. Marie snatched the baby from him, hugging her tightly against her chest.
“Easy, kid. You can have her. Wasn’t planning to kidnap the damn critter…” Logan chuckled.
“I just got so worried…”
“You don’t have to worry. I’m here to do that for you. You just take care of yourself and Katy, okay?”
“How can I not worry? As soon as they find us…”
“They’re not going to find you. They don’t know where I live. You can stay here as long as you like.”
“But… But I thought you would help me,” she stuttered. Logan cocked his brow.
“Help you? Isn’t this helping?”
“I thought we were going to put an end to that. Stop them from doing it again. That’s why I run. I needed to get Katy somewhere safe so I could… I could…”
“You could what?” Logan asked.
“I don’t know! Do something! Anything! Before it happens again!”
“Newsflash, kid. There’s not a hell of a lot you can do. They’re X-Men. Xavier is one of the leading politics around here. You’re just another mutie. Blow the whistle and you’re buried faster than you can say pedophile!”
“But…”
“No buts, kid. Stay here, stay low, and I try to find out how to make you two disappear from Xavier’s radar, okay?” She hung her head in defeat and nodded.
“Good. Take the brat and go inside. There’s breakfast on the stove.”
“Where are you going?” She asked.
“To talk to some people. They’re going to start asking questions if you just move in…”

She had eaten and was bouncing Katy on her knee when there was a knock on the door.
“Kid, open up!” She heard Logan shouting.
“It isn’t locked!”
“I kind of have my hands full! Open the door!”

“What’s all this?” She asked when Logan climbed in, carrying a crib, filled to the brim with toys and all kinds of stuff one could need with a baby. Diapers, linens, bottles…
“Informed my neighbors that a friend of mine is staying with me with her baby. You ran from your husband last night. They put together a welcome-package.”
“This is… Wha… They haven’t even met me yet!” She huffed amazed.
“And nobody’s going to talk about you. They won’t even look at you twice, because that rat-bastard of husband of yours is still out there looking for you.”
“Why? Why would they do all this for a complete stranger?” She asked.
“They’re good people.”