Author's Chapter Notes:
Easter tip of the day...If you are decorating Easter eggs even though you're not even Christian, and have the Paz coloring kit. The one that comes with the different coloured tablets you put in water.....DO NOT PUT THEM IN ALL TOGETHER, you will have brown eggs and it's not like you can't buy brown eggs to begin with. And so ends my first holiday fiasco on my own. But hey, I can blame the dumbass I call my boyfriend. Dedicated to my boyfriend, even though he ruined my Easter egg fun. Boy, let's see what you get for your birthday now....
"How do you feel about this?"

She was curled on her side with her back against his chest. Her leaned up slightly, rust coloured hair coming to rest under his chin. A hand - pawlike when compared to her own, brushed at the white locks that framed antique features, pale and elegant, before trailing down her torso to the small feminine swell and the sharp contours of her hips.

Releasing a small sigh before speaking, "Lil' scared," her voice low and kittenish, but he could feel her smile, "But a lot happy." He grinned with her. Things seemed right at that moment. Lazy rolls of thunder sounded outside in a comforting rhythm as long needed rain cleansed away the morose personality the entire city had been saddled with in the last seven months. Possessive pride pulled at him, dragging his hand up her body, over a petite frame and searching for evidence of life that had yet to present itself. He knew it was there, he could smell the change, his hand continued its journey to the delicate hand that rested by her face and taking it in his own fist with a reassuring squeeze. Things were very good today. Yanking the thick comforter up his free hand. She pressed back, expelling another sigh, content to listen to the diamond water smack against the opaque window of their loft.

California was much different from New York, and a far cry from either America's deep south or the wastes of Canada, though he doubted they'd be headed back east anytime soon.

In the background, the heater hummed and the sound rang out of crackling and shifting ice in the freezer under the sound of the rain.

He knew Rogue didn't like California, the girl was too polite to say shit about where they were holed up, but he knew she wasn't as happy as other places. Small town Mississippi and tiny posh Salem Center, not to mention her run through Northern Canada, hadn't made a natural loner and physically restrained mutant ready for densely populated Los Angeles. They were only here because the others didn't know where here was.

Breathing in deeply to absorb her new scent and giving his own contented rumble, Logan passed out as well.



That had been two months ago and events had brought him here.

California has a vast tunnel system under it's clay soil, now partially flooded by the continual onslaught of rain.

He never liked water. No matter how light the alloy was, metal skeletons tended to be less than buoyant.

The tunnel turned up becoming dryer, and he could suddenly smell her. Or rather her blood. At the top of the incline was a small cardboard box, stained and near crumpled, disgusted fascination provoked him to view it's contents. Blood pooled at the bottom, nearly black in the minimal light. In the middle of tissue chunks and liquid, was an artists eraser sized fetus. Bald and veiny, lidless eyes stared out dead, as it was curled in on itself. Closing his eyes in grief he turned following the stronger scent around the worn curve in the cavern.

Pressed against the dead end of the cave was Rogue. The light blue of her dress was stained purple with blood. Angry bruises scored the pallid skin of her arms and face, beaten into miscarriage and sobbing with broken ribs. The sharp line of her collar bone was jutted up violently and threatening to puncture her wind pipe.

"Logan?"

She was trying to sit up. Shit, she looked bad. He moved to get her to sit back down hoping she had enough competency at present to maintain control of her mutation.

"Hey darlin, you okay?"

Her eyes stared up dizzily and she shook her head no. The contours of her collar bone was warped and pressing her skin like fingers underneath.

"Hey baby, I have to fix this okay? So you can breathe." Pulling a glove from his back pocket folding it and placing it in between her teeth with a command to try not to scream. Placing tentative hands on the clavicle and snapping it back in it's relative place. Rogue arched up against the pain, her cry muffled by the leather wad in her mouth and her own failed effort. Logan pulled away as he felt her control slip.

"Christ, baby, we gotta get you out of here. All right?" She was shaking more now and her sobs began again.

"Ah'm sorry," she wretched out between tears. Her arms were wrapped around her stomach where their child no longer was. "Ah couldn't stop him." Rogue refused to look at him.

Logan bit down his own anger and fought to ignore the drowning scent of her blood. "No darlin, this ain't your fault, none of it okay? Now I really need to get you the fuck out of here, all right? You think you can walk?" She gave no response but her sobs stopped letting only silent tired tears drain from her dogwood green eyes as he pulled her to her feet, though she gave no support.

Too much fucking blood, he thought, noticing the thick black dirt clumped together by her body's fluid.

"She screamed for me." A new voice called out as Creed pulled himself into view. "Screamed really loud didn't you girly?" Logan let the battered girl fall against the wall flinching at the pained sound she made and took an offensive stance claws sliding out. "Bitch wouldn't let me touch her though, beat your little bastard out of her though. Lots of fun" Sabretooth held out a large hand, the fur matted by blood, and pinched between his index finger and thumb was the fetus. Unblinking eyes and remains of a whip like umbilical cord. Creed looked at the dead child in faux interest before smashing it between his fingers. A strangled cry of protest came from Rogue, behind him as the sticky yellowish fluid netted with Creed's fur.

Logan didn't remember what he'd done exactly, nor did he care, but it ended with Creed's head 30 feet from the body. Red veiny tendrils trailed out from the stump of his neck, grasping for the severed appendage, surrounded by the vertebrae and gummy chunks of fat. As the skin tried to stitch itself together, Logan kicked the grotesque skull into the water that had collected from progressive rains. A crimson mist sprayed out from the head and it bobbed once before sinking. The body stilled it's nerves numbing and giving up its quest to fix itself.

He got her and got the hell out of California.