Gone.

He couldn't believe she was really gone.

Logan squinted as the sunlight peeked through the curtains. He had been sitting in the same spot all night. Ever since she left. She never even looked back. He heard everyone starting their daily routines.

He sensed somebody walking up to him but he was in no mood to talk anyone. "Lemme alone." he growled.

Jubilation Lee looked at him indignantly, standing her ground. "Why should I Wol-ver-ine?" she said spitting out each syllable. "You did this. You're the one who's to blame for every crappy thing she's ever gone through since she met you.

"I said lemme alone," he bellowed.

"Whatsa matter? The Big Bad Wolverine afraid of the truth? You are one cold-hearted son of a--"

Logan leapt up to his feet, his claws inches from the young girl's face. Jubilee wasn't fazed. She stared at the man indignantly. Logan realized what he was doing and shame filled his face. "Just go."

Jubilee turned around and walked off in a huff. She turned her head and glared at him one more time for good measure.

Logan cursed at himself. He knew the real reason he had lashed out at the girl. She had hit a nerve and boy, did she hit it hard! He wasn't gonna hurt the kid. Just wanted to get her to leave him alone. The girl was Marie's best friend, after all. It wouldn't make him look too good if he had sunk those claws of his into her chest. Logan was in pain. The kind of pain that even Wolverine couldn't recover from.

He thought about what Jubes had said. It was his fault. He completely took her for granted in the worst way. Each time he left, he knew he hurt her. Yet he also knew that she would always be there for him to go back to. On the other hand, she was never certain if he would come back at all. Logan knew he would always come back for her. Nothing -- nothing on God's green earth could keep him away from her. It never occurred to him that one day, the tables would be turned. That he would be left with the empty hollow feeling that only his Marie could fill.

The thing with Mariko had been the last straw. Her leaving wasn't done out of spite. His Marie wasn't like that. At least not with him. Especially not with him.

He made a snap decision that moment. He got up from his place on the couch and bounded up the stairs two at a time. After a quick shower and a change of clothes, he grabbed his now worn out duffel bag from the closet. It wasn't empty. There was already something in there. A surge of hope flew through him. Maybe it was something from Marie. A memento to remember her by. He shook the bag and out fell a bright yellow discman.

Opening the discman, he found that there was already a disc in there. Marked on the cd was a single word. "Gone" Intrigued by this strange package; he wondered what it could mean. Oh well, he would have time to figure it out on the road. When he wasn't busy scouring every town and city for Marie, that is. He threw a few clothes into the bag and grabbed his leather jacket off the back of his chair. He stuck a cigar in his mouth and checked his pocket to see if he had a lighter with him. Instead of a lighter, he found a note.

Hey Wolvie,

Sorry I was so hard on u back there. U have to admit u deserved it. Besides, I had to make sure my plan would work. The cd? Well that's yours to keep but the discman is just on loan. I'll be expecting it back when (not if) u bring her home. You probably think the guys on the cd are just a bunch of pansies, but u don't strike me as the poetic type so this song will have to do. For the record, I always knew u loved her. What pissed me off was the crappy way you had of showing it. Find her and find her soon. You're not the only one that misses her around here u know. Just remember, anytime u feel the urge to just give up, put the song on repeat. If that doesn't work well than u better be ready to become my new best friend. Picture it Wolvie, shopping sprees and fashion shows galore! *insert evil grin here*

Jubilation Lee

P.S. I KNEW I could break you!

Logan chuckled to himself. The kid was smart. Not to mention, a lot braver than he thought. Well she had being Marie's best friend as an advantage. Logan walked downstairs into the kitchen.

"Don't come home empty handed," Jean said as she walked into view.

Cyke came in and tossed his car keys to Logan. "Not one scratch Logan, or I'll shoot a hole through your balls!"

Logan raised an eyebrow questioningly.

"Well you can't ride around town with a girly picnic basket on the back of your bike, now can you?" asked Jean.

"That's something only a pansy would do, right?" Scott said with a grin.

Jubes came into the kitchen to say goodbye to Logan. "Don't come back alone Wolvie," she warned.

"Or what? What are you gonna do little girl?"

Jubes smiled wickedly. "If you don't come back with my best friend...I'll track down every member of 'Nsync and have them serenade you every night for the rest of your life!"

"You're a sick kid, you know that?"

"Eh...I try."

With that, he grabbed the picnic basket and his duffel bag. He was out the door before anyone could say "Bye Bye Bye."

Gone

There's a thousand words that I could say
To make you come home, yeah
Seems so long ago you walked away
and left me alone
And maybe I was too blind to see
that you needed a change
Was it something I said
to make you turn away
To make you walk out and leave me cold
If I could just fine a way
to make it so you were right here,
right now

Chorus:
I've been sitting here
Can't get you off my mind
I'm tryin'my best to be a man and be strong
I drove myself insane
wishing I could touch your face
But the truth remains, you're
Gone

Now I don't wanna make excuses, baby
Won't change the fact that you're gone
But if there's something that I could do,
won't you please let me know
The time is passing so slowly now
Guess that's my life without you
And maybe I could change my everyday,
but baby I don't want to

So I'll just hang around
and find some things to do
To take my mind off missing you
And I know in my heart,
you can't say that you don't love me too
Please say you do, yeah

What will I do
If I can't be with you
Tell me who where will I turn to,
baby who will I be
Now that we are apart,
am I still in your heart
Baby why can't you see
That I need you here with me.