Author's Chapter Notes:
The last chapter to this story. Sorry it seems like I just ended it, but really I have no idea of where to take it and I have completely lost interest in it to tell you the truth. So this is just the wrapping up of it. There maybe an epilogue down the road, but we will just have to see.
That damn Cajun, every where I went he was there. Every time I went to go and find Marie she was with him and that damn Cajun was all over her, and the Wolverine didn’t take that to kindly either.

“Logan? Something bothering ya sugar?” Rogue asked as she plopped her self down right next to without a care in the world.

“Nothin’,” Logan grunted in response to her nonchalant ways. Ever since that stupid Gumbo came to the mansion Rogue had been acting like a wild child. Gambit and she had been sneaking in and out of the mansion almost every night for going on a month now. It was almost like she ditched her old life and was finding a new one that suited her mood better.

Not a care in the world attitude and looks to boot. This new Rogue didn’t care if someone accidentally touched her skin-to-skin, and that Gambit fellow didn’t mind that much that she had deadly skin. In fact he thought of it as some kind of game. However this is probably one of the reasons why her carefree attitude never seemed to falter. She was absorbing so much of that Cajun she was actually picking up some of his more tasteless habits. Such as smoking like a chimney and playing cards. Her accent has even gotten thicker in the passing weeks.

But no one really cared what was going on with her any more. She looked and appeared to be happy. So that had to be better than terminator Rogue they had been dealing with recently.

“Yea sure sugar, you keep telling your self that little line of tall tails and we’ll see how well that goes for ya,” Rogue said patting Logan’s shoulder as she moved away from the couch.

“I am perfectly fine Marie, what about you? This little façade you’re putting on goin’ to last much longer?” Logan asked her his hazel eyes looking into her bright green ones.

“You should be careful Logan, don’t want everyone knowing that you can use big words like façade now do we? How about you just do what ever one else is doing and follow the flow? Will be easier for us all in the end, dontcha think?” Rogue asked as if this was so kind of game he decided to play with her this afternoon.

“No, I don’t think so. I am getting really tired of this carefree attitude. It’s gonna get ya into a lot of trouble if you keep it up the way you are,” he told her with a knowing smirk.

“Really? Ah didn’t think many people could defeat me Logan? Ah mean how much trouble can little ol’me get into if ah am nearly invincible and ah’m running with the number one thief in the world?” Rogue asked with trouble maker’s grin that one only saw on Bobby now-a-days.

“Well, we all thought you where invincible before that government got their grubby little hands on ya. But like I said Rogue no one’s invincible even me,” Logan told her as he watched that smile on her face slowly fall as he rose to get up and leave her where she stood.

“You don’t know anythin’ Logan!” She yelled at him when he reached the door.

“I know everything Rogue; I did it for seventeen years of my life. That carefree attitude won’t last forever and when it’s over and done with I hope you will be happy with what’s left behind,” and with that he left a baffled Rogue standing in the living watching the retreating back of the only person who ever fought for her.

Later that evening….

Logan rested on his bed staring blankly up at the ceiling still reviewing today’s earlier conversation with Rogue. Maybe he should have just kept his big ol’ mouth shut. Then he heard the resonating sound of someone knocking his door.

“Who the hell is it? And what do you want now?” Logan just growled out as he rolled off his bed.

“It’s… it’s me Logan,” a small voice squeaked behind the old wooden door. Surprised by the familiar sound of Rogue’s voice Logan opened the door.

Rogue was standing in front of him wearing her old boomer jacket she had, had when she arrived at the mansion all those years ago. Her face, from what he could see of it that wasn’t covered by her long curly hair was tear streaked and running with mascara.

“You where right Logan I guess I am not really that invincible,” Rogue said in a silent defeat.

“What are ya talking about darlin’,” Logan asked as looked at her curiously. Hoping that this wasn’t another front she was putting on.

“I can’t do the hating anymore, it’s exhausting,” Rogue said a little defeated. Logan just cocked his head to the side and moved aside so she could come into his room.

“We’re more the same than you think Logan,” Rogue said moving across his room towards his dresser.

“What you mean kid?” Logan asked as he watched her. She trailed a gloved finger a cross the dust that had settled on the barely used oak dresser.

“Who would have thought that the feral wolverine and the innocent, pristine Rogue would be one of a kind?” Rogue said ignoring his question.

“I’m not innocent anymore Logan, or pristine, just like you’re not feral anymore. It took the government to do that. How ironic. If the government hadn’t fucked with you, you would probably wonder around the Canadian woods in a log cabin. You wouldn’t be a teacher at a school helping others,” Rogue said as she played with the dust on the dresser.

“Don’t really know now do I?” Logan mumbled as he continues to watch her.

“But you do, don’t you? Deep down you know that’s exactly what you would have been doing. Just like me, I guess. If the government hadn’t gotten me I would still be little Miss Rogue innocents wrapped up in deadly white skin. Gods own chastity belt as Jean said once,” Rogue said with a smirk.

Logan winched at the mention of Jean’s name and at her inability to be hateful without meaning to.

“Guess that’s not the case anymore now is it? They had there fun with us and in the end they made us the same. Claws and memories to boot too, you should really see the nightmares I have now. At least yours are just fragments of what they might have done. While mine are the realities, a horror movie being replayed over and over again with no pauses or stop button,” tears where running down her face now.

“I over heard them today, when no one thought I was around to hear,” Rogue said as she moved towards the window.

“Damaged goods, is that what I am now? Damaged goods, nothing innocent or pristine left so I ain’t worth the time?” Rogue questioned him or herself she wasn’t really sure at this point.

“Who said that?” Logan asked anger slowly boiling at the surface.

“I guess my question is Logan, through our shared pain am I damaged goods to you as well?” Rogue asked as she turned from staring out the window to stare into his hazel eyes that had flecks of yellow in them.

Logan stared back at her for a moment, calming the anger that seethed beneath his calm and hardened features. He moved quickly towards her and grabbed her roughly in his hands almost shaking her.

“No one is fucking ‘damaged goods’ especially not you. Never you, you’re perfect in everyway and you deserve better than anything those bastards say they or anyone else can give you. Got that?” Logan asked as he bared his teeth the anger finally peeking over the small barer he had built. Rogue had let the tears fall down her face, all the months and days of emotions showing through her deep forest green eyes.

“Yes,” Rogue said hoarsely.

“Good,” and with that Logan crushed his lips to hers. Tasting the salt from her tears and the sweet minty flavor of what ever toothpaste she had used today.

Logan’s grip on her arms loosened and moved to wrap around her waist when he felt her respond to his kiss. Her own arms found their way around his thick neck and her body pressed against his, deepening the passionate kiss they where sharing.

They stop moments later to catch their breaths. Rogue looked sheepishly into Logan’s eyes and found a love she never thought she herself could experience now that she was damaged.

“Logan?” Rogue said quietly as her eyes moved to his lips, wet from their kiss.

“Umm…?” Logan said almost hazily.

“Would it be okay if we shared something other than pain?” Rogue said as she brought her lips closer to his again.

“Yea darlin’ that’s fine with me,” Logan said as he closed the already small space between them with another kiss as he lifted her and moved towards his unmade bed. Hopefully sharing something other than pain and maybe instead sharing something worth both their time.