Author's Chapter Notes:
Sorry it's been sooo.... long but I've been busy. Now I know most won't like this chapter but well I need some rivalry since I let Jean go so early in the story. So here it goes. I promise I will start adding more to the story more regularly.
Today was the day. Today the Professor was allowing Rogue to go on her first mission. It’s been over a year now and sometimes I preferred her to being ghost like than animal like, like me. She become vicious in everything she does and most of the time I am afraid she’s gone up an leave us to join the Brotherhood or some other stupid evil mutant terrorist group.

Today is supposed to be a recon mission. Just a simple pick up. Some boy that’s apparently gotten himself into a lot of trouble down south in the back water’s of the bayou. I wasn’t really paying that much attention to Scooter’s little speech but when I looked around the oval room I noticed Rogue. Sitting on the edge of her chair with that silly evil grin on her face like she was four and Daddy just bought her a fucking pony.

“He is apparently a very skilled mutant and if he decided to join the team I could not hope for anything better. Now everyone please move to the Blackbird,” Scott said officially ending the conversation. We all got up and made our way to the jet.

Inside the jet Jean sat in the back alone away from us, Cyclopes and Storm sat at the cockpit. Storm rapidly talking to Cyclopes about the kid we were picking up, apparently they new each other back in Cairo. Across from me sat Rogue with that damn evil smirk on her face and all I could was watch her and wonder what she was thinking in that little mind of hers.

A few hours later we landed on the outskirts of some swamp and slowly made our way to New Orleans’s to pick up this kid. Rogue was basically skipping with joy. Once we got into the main part of the heart of New Orleans we began our search. Like a needle in a hay stack if yea ask me.

“Storm do you know where the kid lives?” I overheard Cyclopes ask Storm.

“I am sorry Cyclopes but no, I do not. He never really told me much about his past, so I will not be much help,” she told him honestly and we continued to make our way down some alley way.

“Yea know one-eye you’re goin’ the wrong way,” Rogue piped up from beside me. A hand on her hip and that stupid smirk, I swear I am going to knock it off her face on of these days.

“And how do you know that I am going the wrong way?” Scott asked her with a raised eyebrow.

“Because if ya haven’t noticed I am from just across the river, and let’s just say these people are hard not to miss,” and with the wave of her hand she started to lead the small pack of us. Scott gave Storm a worried look by allowing Rogue to take the lead but all Storm could do was shrug and follow.

A few minutes later we stood outside an old looking pub with soft jazz music playing from with in. Rogue’s evil smile finally turned to a slightly happy grin as she opened the large glass door and made her way through the crowd of people enjoying the atmosphere.

Rogue made her way to the back of the pub and immediately stopped making Jean run smack into her back. Hands on her hips and her left hip cocked to one side Rogue finally spoke to the small group of men.

“Now Sugar I thought you where taught better than to just go and ignore a lady when she’s trying to grab your attention,” Rogue said with a smirk. At that a lean figure stood up from the center of the group. He wore an old duster and black sun glasses in the dark pub.

“Mon chér Marie!” The stranger said to Rogue and when he said her name, her real name I felt my heart strings pull tight in my chest. I thought I was the only man in her life who knew her name and I felt the unfamiliar pains of jealousy grip me.

“Hello Remy,” she said as the figure stepped out of the darkness and immediately stood in front of Rogue.

“You gonna tell Remy where his chére ran off to for so long? Or is Remy going to have to drag it out of ya?” He asked her looking at her with the same smirk she had and I almost grinned at that.

“Well let’s just say ya ain’t the only one around these parts with some pretty cool powers Rem’s in fact I’ve been stayin’ with an old friend of yours,” with that she motioned towards Storm and the Cajun’s face lit up at the sight of her.

“Mon Dieu, Stormy!” He said walking away from Rogue towards Storm to wrap her up in a tight hug.

“Gambit how many times do I have to tell you to please stop calling me Stormy?” She said with a sassy grin on her face.

“Remy will stop calling yea Stormy after ya ask about four more times Stormy,” with that Storm just rolled her eyes but kept that big smile of hers. At that the man known as Remy turned from Storm and immediately went back to Rogue.

“Now ange you gonna tell this poor ol’ swamp rat what yea be doin’ here?” He asked placing a hand around Rogue waist and I noticed I let out a small growl when Scott turned to look at me and smirked.

“We came to take ya back with us, ya know give ya a chance to start anew and stop all this thieving business,” she said with a smirk.

“And give up my life of petty crime? Remy don’t know Marie your gonna have to give him a better offer other than ‘to start anew,’” he said with a smile and placed his other hand on her other hip. She just reached up and pulled off his sun glasses to reveal a set of red on black eyes.

“We live in a mansion; filled with free food, nice beds, and all yea has to do is save the world. So you get to get some ass kicking in and it’s all for a good cause so there ain’t a down side really to the whole thing,” she said wrapping her arms around his neck causing me clench my hands and bare my teeth.

“Your proposition sounds pretty good Marie, Remy might just take ya up on that offer,” he said as he looked from Rogue, to Storm and then to Jean.

“Get ya filthy swamp rat head out of da gutter Gambit before I have to knock some sense in to that brain of yours,” Rogue said as she followed his eyes across the three leather clad women.

“You know Remy, always gotta see how the hands dealt,” and with that Storm and Rogue laughed.

“Yea Remy I do and because I do I know you will be more than willin’ to join our little group,” Rogue said removing her arms from around his neck.

“You got Remy dare chére, so what time we leavin’ because Bella be looking for Remy tonight and you know how that always turns out,” with that Rogue turned around and grabbed Remy by the hand and helped escort him out of the pub and back towards the x-jet. I for one was not happy with the newest member of our little team one bit. No fucking way was this sweet talking bastard going to screw up everything I worked so hard for with Rogue.

Because damn if I didn’t love that girl and no snot nosed Cajun was going to take away what the Wolverine rightly called his.