Author's Chapter Notes:
a little gross in this one but not to bad.....
“So I’ve seen you’ve decided to pick her over me,” Jean stated as she stared at me from across the room. She was roughly throwing her various items that littered the large room we shared into a couple of bags.

“Jean, I just don’t understand why you are taking this situation like I’ve been cheating on you. I’m sorry that I’ve been spending a lot of time with Rogue lately. We all have, were just trying to get her to open up again. I just don’t understand why you’re taking this situation wrong,” I told her as I continued to watch her throw her clothes into a large bag.

“Because Logan, you care more about her than you do me. It will always be like this, always her and never me. Why can’t I have you, I mean all of you?” At that moment I understood Jean Grey. I always knew she was the jealous type, hell that’s one of the things that made her, her. But I never new she was selfish as well, childish even. If she couldn’t have all me then nobody should. How pathetic to think someone like her who could and pretty much has everything, would ruin a relationship based on the fact that I don’t spend enough time with her.

“Because Jean, not everyone gets what they want in life. Look at Scott he wanted to be with you for the rest of eternity and now look your well you were with me. Even Rogue, I doubt that she wanted to be in that place. But sometimes we just have to except what we can get.” I tired to explain to her and I seriously wanted her to stay with me, but I knew deep down that I wasn’t fighting for her, not as nearly as hard as I had fought for other people before.

“No. No Logan I don’t except that. I always get what I want or I move on,” and with that she grabbed her bags, pushed passed me and walked straight out of the door and out of my life.

I swear we are all watching her, afraid she is going to break into a thousand little pieces and will never be able to put her back together again. It sad really to think that our lives have been dwindled down to watching this slip of a girl as she slowly drives her self into the nothingness around her until there’s nothing left of her but a shell.

She has been doing extremely well in all of her training sessions, anger is fueling her though. But at least we can bring out some emotion from her. Usually she just sits there and stars out a window dead to the world around her. I do however catch her on rare occasions staring at the others, watching them, studying them. It’s creepy at most, to watch her watching the others as if she watching them through a glass container.

But at least she’s doing something other than staring out the window. I mentioned to the Professor the other day that maybe we should board up all the windows, he just laughed at me and told me she would find away to see out them again. The sad part was I agreed.

It’s been two months since we started her on our little program and still the only time we see anything from her is during a Danger Room session. Today we are all observing her from the observation deck upstairs. She’s running one of Logan’s latest Sims for her. Going against guards at an army base and to say the least the carnage she’s spreading is quite scary. I even called Logan out of one of his classes to come and see what she was doing to the fake men.

We watched in almost stocked horror as she used her bare hands to twist the arm off of one of the soldiers she was having hand to hand combat with. We listened to his horrid screams and watched the evil smile cross her blood and dirt smeared face. She picked up his gun and raced towards her next victim.

A Lieutenant, built to hurt and one of our Sims hardest opponents. We couldn’t hear what was going on but apparently the Lieutenant was saying something rather cocky because Rogue just smiled that evil grin and got down into her crouched position again and waited for her opponent to do something stupid. Then we saw it, the opening she needed to take him down. He had thought she was just a stupid little girl with no real intent on killing him (we made the Sims as real as possible, they could even think on some degree). That’s when she lunged forward and took him down hard, pinning him down with her knees as her hands clasped around his large, thick neck and slowly chocked the life out of him. It was almost freighting to think that someone as sweet as our Rogue could even be slightly possible of killing a person slowly. It was almost unthinkable.

“Oh my,” I heard Hank say behind me as we watched Rogue lean forward and crush the Lieutenants Larynx from the pressure.

“I think it’s time for plan b Logan,” Scott told me as we continued to watch Rogue’s deadly assault on her next willing victim. This little session had turned for the worst. This was no longer a simple training session, this was a mass murder without the legal ties. But what frightened Logan the most was the fact that he had done the exact same thing. Actually he still does, almost every night in fact. Killing men with green coats and other nameless people wearing army uniforms, it was the only way he knew how to release the pain and anger built up inside of him.

“There is nothin’ we can do Cyke,” I told him as I continued to watch her kill mercilessly and with a sickening pleasure I only knew to well.

“What do you mean there’s nothing we can do!” He asked me in shock not wanting to give up on her, “there must be something.”

“You don’t understand Scott,” I told him trying to make it sound as serious as it was.

“This isn’t about you Logan this is about Rogue, there is something wrong with her, seriously wrong,” he continued to speak but I wasn’t listening, I was still watching her and I noticed how easily she moved through out the Sim with little or no worry, as if she had done this a million times before and this was just practice.

“Something’s not right with her,” I tell him as I continued to watch her almost perfect moves through out the base. I leaned forward towards the glass watching her continued her own private battle.

“Of course there is something wrong with her! She was in hell for forever!” I just huff at him and his inability to see what was right in front of him. I trained Rogue everyday before she was captured; I know all her moves, and how far she had been trained. But this Rogue, this woman down on the battle field before me was a trained assassin who was very well trained. She was good, almost too good and that’s what made me wonder. How did she become so good at this unless…

“Stop simulation,” I tell them computer as my eyes grow wide with the knowledge I know. How could I have been so stupid, so naïve to think that they wouldn’t try something like this, I should have paid more attention to the signs.

I moved away from the glass and head towards the lift that would take me down to the bottom of the Danger Room where Rogue was. I could feel everyone’s eyes on my back wondering what in the hell was I doing, going down there with a psychopathic woman with a murderous mind. But I knew exactly what I was doing.

I walked out to her, her body was shaking from the exertion she had put it through and beads of sweat trickled down her dirty uniform. Her eyes however spoke volumes to me. Those feral eyes had shown brightest to those who know what they look like. Brilliant green eyes flecked with yellow told the story I should have guessed earlier.

I walked straight up to her my own feral glint slowly coming across my hazel eyes knowing what was to come. I should have seen the signs; I should of notice the way she stared at the people in the mansion almost like stocking. I should have seen it when she would creep slowly around a room without warning or sound. She was just like me when I first got out. This time however they had gone too far.

I was inches from her face as I watched her watching me with those intense eyes of hers. I could hear and feel her hot breath coming out in short, ragged breaths and what I couldn’t get out of my mind was that smile. She knew that I knew her little secret. She just wasn’t their favorite pastime; she was their favorite toy as well.

That’s when I did the unthinkable, nothing anyone up at the observation tower would have guessed. I unsheathed my metallic claws and drove them into her stomach. I watched as her pupils dilated, her beautiful mouth opening allowing one small gasp to leave. Then her eyes slowly came back into focus, her body being held up by my claws as her that beautiful mouth of hers turned back into that murderous smile.

She placed her thin, graceful hands around my large wrists and slowly pulled her self off of my claws just like someone else I had known. Then she pushed her self away from me as I watched her stomach knit its self back together again, just like me. Then I watched as three adamantium claws on each hand slid slowly out from between her knuckles.

“What? You think Stiker is the only one who can weld metal?” She smirked at me and she drew her claws back in, however this time she didn’t smile that evil smile that seemed to company her where ever she went. Instead a sad almost lost one did and that’s what nearly killed me. She was alone and afraid and no one even noticed that they just didn’t fuck with her mind, but her body as well.

“Jesus kid why didn’t you tell someone?” I asked her trying against everything I had to not bring her into a hug and cling to her like water from a man dieing from thirst.