Author's Chapter Notes:
This one is really short....sorry.
After Rogue’s rescue, she fell into her self. She moved silently through out the mansions long, wooden halls like a pale reflection of a ghost. Lost between the living and the dead with no real way of finding the map that would hopefully lead her out of the state she was in.

Logan watched her drift around the great expansion of the mansion; hollowed looking eyes now stared blankly back at you when ever you tried to talk to her. She was terrified of everyone and everything and wouldn’t let a soul touch her, not since Logan held her hand on the green cot on the jet six months earlier.

“Hey kid how you doin’?” I asked her watching her sit silently on a bench over looking the grounds. She turned slowly to look up at me; those haunting eyes staring back, a shiver ran quickly through out my body.

“How do you think I feel?” She asks me knowing that I know what she feels like.

“Yea I know exactly how you feel, I just hoped that you wouldn’t end up like me as well,” I sadly told her as I moved around her and sat down next to her. I felt her body stiffen a little and she scooted a way.

“And what’ so wrong with you Logan?” She sounds so naïve when she talks to me like that, as if she really didn’t know anything about me and my past.

“Lots of things kid,” I tell her back and pull a cigar out from my old weathered leather jacket.

“Yea well you seemed to have turned out somewhat okay, so I don’t see a problem with ya,” and I have to smile a little at that. I am the furthest thing from okay, I’m god knows how old and the only person who truly matters in my life doesn’t care to live anymore.

“So your going to become me now is it? What being Rogue too hard for ya? And I thought you were stronger than that,” I know what I am doing to her, making her feel like she’s given up. But I hope using reverse psychology will do the trick and bring her back to me.

“I’m stronger than you think Logan, but yes being Rogue is too hard. Even for me.” And with that she stood up and walked back into the mansion, to wonder the halls like the ghost of the girl I used to love. And at that moment I truly hated her for it.

They next couple of days I followed her watching her every move, checking up on her you could say. After our little talk out side I have been wondering if maybe they did something to her that we were unaware of and she would flip out at any moment or worse do something to herself. So I watched her silently and far away so as not to disturb her dream like state she had placed her self in.

“Logan can I talk to you,” Scott asks me as I sit across the room from Rogue, watching her as she watches the others.

“Sure scooter,” I tell him and get up and follow him out into the hallway.

“I’m starting to get really worried about her,” and I know immediately what her, he is talking about.

“We all are Scott,” I tell him trying to make this conversation a serious one.

“We have to do something; I can’t just sit and watch as she slowly removes herself from the world. It’s not natural for her to just sit and stare at the kids like she is and the way she just floats around here are almost freakishly insane.” He tells me trying to lighten up the serious conversation I was trying to have with him. But I know he is right, she removing her self from us, and eventually she will just fade away into the wood work until nothing is left but a memory.

“Well, what do expect me to do about? Shake her until she wakes up from this self induced coma she’s put her self in? I don’t know what to do and we are all out of options here,” I tell him almost franticly, running a calloused hand through my hair.

“I guess we’ll just have to think of away, maybe start her in some danger room sessions and see how she fairs in that. Maybe get her started in a routine again until she assimilates herself back into society. Then if that doesn’t work we will regroup and think of another plan of action.” I almost laugh at him; the fearless leader role is something I don’t think Scott will ever give up. Everything is a plan of action with him. There always has to be a plan.

“Sure Scott, if you think it will work. Tell the Professor to start getting her a schedule started and then we’ll work from there,” and I am almost praying that it will work. I can’t stand to see her as if she is dead already.