Author's Chapter Notes:
I know this makes three incomplete stories of mine but I thought this was a nice change.
“I’m tired Logan.”

“Well it’s been a long day, why don’t ya hit the sack early or somethin’.” I scoff at him for his inability to see what I am trying to tell him.

“I’m not that kind of tired Logan,” I say as I continue to stare at him from the other side of our large king size, four-poster bed. He’s in bed reading like he always does before we go to sleep and I am usually in bed with him, a thousand papers littered in front of me, all needing to be graded by tomorrow. But not tonight, tonight is the last time I want to see him reading before bed. He stops reading his book, probably something about some war that he was probably in and stares at me with just a hint of concern crossing his face.

“Then what kind of tired are you, Jean?” He asks me as he puts down his book, marking his place with his index finger, like this conversation isn’t something to be to concerned over and that makes me slightly angry.

“I don’t want us to see each other any more. I’m tired of being, of just being the same everyday. I mean we never do the same things we used to do. Not since she came back, ever since we brought her back from Genoshia,” I tell him in a short rush.

“I don’t understand? You don’t want us to be together anymore because we are boring and that the reason that we are boring is because the only person that I call family is back in my life? Jean I don’t think you completely comprehended the fact that when you are in a relationship with someone you get them and everything that comes with them. Just because for the first two years that we were together she was a prisoner of Genoshia doesn’t mean that the moment we find her that her and I are no longer family and that the time she spent there means that I no longer consider her part of my life.”

“Logan, she isn’t even related to you by any means! I mean you spend all of your time with her!” I tell him, furry rising quick with in me as I point at nothingness just to make my point clearer, because apparently he didn’t hear me properly.

“So you’re jealous of her because I am trying to help her get back into this world without to much trouble? Come on Jean! This is ridiculous and I can’t even believe we are having this argument! Jesus maybe Scooter was right about you, Jean! You can’t always have it your way! Sometimes you have to make room for others, Rogue has always been a huge part of my life from day one, and for you to just say that you don’t want to be in a relationship with me anymore because of that relationship then maybe you are right, maybe we are better off not together!” He’s furious with me I can tell, he’s put his book on the nightstand and has moved to a standing position on the other side of the bed. We’re now facing each other off on other sides of the large four-poster bed that we had shared so many wonderful nights together in.

“I’m not jealous of her! I am just not happy with this current situation, Logan! You never want to be with me anymore and you know what maybe Scott is right, you did exactly what he thought you would do,” I spat at him.
“And what exactly would that be, Jean!” I smiled sadly at him.

“You would leave me for her in a heart beat. She will always come first to you, above everyone else! Even me,” and with that I turned and fled from the room, tears streaking my face.

Logan stood there in silence as the woman he thought he loved yelled at him and then fled the room. He didn’t know if he should be mad at her for wanting to end the relationship or be happy because she did. He personally was getting tired of all the nagging and whining that was coming from her ever since they found Rogue in one of the bases in Genoshia.

Every night for the last two and a half years Logan had been dreaming of the day of the mission hoping against all hope that, that fateful mission had been a bad dream. He remembered it like it was yesterday still, even now that she was back away from the harm they had inflicted upon her.