Author's Chapter Notes:
He smiled then, ‘ya want my powers Rogue? Then ya get everything that comes with them!’ He suddenly grabbed her around the waist and pulled her flush against his chest, and he kissed her. Hard and fast, a forceful meshing of the lips, and she groaned as he pulled her in closer still, her hands cupping his face, his hands roughly grasping at her hips, his claws digging into the small of her back.

A/N:Rogue finally get what she wants, Logan backed up against a wall and in her arms...
‘I want domination
I want your submission
I see you’re not resisting
To this temptation
I’ve got one confession
A love deprivation
I’ve got a jet black heart
It’s all fucked up and it’s falling apart..’

‘Take your past and burn it up and let it go
Carry on; I’m stronger than you’ll ever know
That’s the deal; you get no respect
You’re gonna get yours
You better watch your fucking neck’

-To Be Loved- Papa Roach


Part 15-‘Friends, Foes, Lovers…Sinner…’

Logan gasped as he struggled to his feet, his eyes met her cold ones, and she stared at him her mouth twisted into a silent cruel smile. He wanted so much to believe that this wasn’t her; this wasn’t his Rogue, not that girl he had loved for so long.

No this was something else, she wasn’t in there, not encased in that body, that mind, twisted in bitterness, hell bent on hurting him, intent on making him pay. She couldn’t be in control; it had to be something else, someone else in there.

But it was her, from the streaks in her hair, the defiant stance down to the clothes she wore, it was Rogue. A twisted bitter Rogue, a Rogue with new friends, old enemies now her allies, old friends were now foes and lovers…

Lovers…Logan turned and fixed his gaze on the Cajun, Remy met his eyes and smirked, damn Cajun, she had left the Academy with him, she had spent nights with him…it was his fault, he had done this.

God he hated the bastard, for taking her away, for being the one she wanted to stand with now, for being everything he couldn’t have been. For being there for her, for being the one she chose.

Memories of the past year flooded in on him, they had never talked ‘bout it, never confronted it, this thing, these feelings that had hung between them for so long. After Jean’s death it had seemed inappropriate, lousy to think about moving on, to think of rebuilding their lives, so much of her still hung around the Academy.

There were so many ghosts back there, so many bitter memories, lives Rogue had interacted with everyday and never really been allowed to touch, because of that damn mutation of hers.
Always isolated, she was always alone, and he had not chosen to see it, and even when he had seen it he’d never had the courage to do something ‘bout it.

He had been a poor excuse of a man, to let her suffer alone as he had, thinking… always thinking that she would make the first move, that she would come to him filled with her need, ‘cause he was too proud, too much of Wolverine to admit that he had needed her so badly.

Where would they be, content, happy even, if the reservations had been put away, if the games hadn’t been played, if the only thing that had existed between us was truth, where would we be?

What would have happened, how much of this could have been prevented if he’d just had the courage to say those simple words, those gentle words that could have brought her back from the edge? Where would they have been now, at what point, surely not as bitter, as hurt and as miserable as this if he had simply stopped waiting.

Simply stopped waiting, stopped and told her, darlin’ I’m here for you, here if you want someone to take the anger out on, here if ya wanna use me as a punch bag, here if ya want someone who isn’t afraid to hold you, who will say to hell with your mutation, just let me in, I’ll take it all.

And I’ll take it all, but this…this is too much, you can’t break me, you can’t kill me, however far you’ve gone Rogue, I’m gonna be the one to bring ya back. Even if that means I have to kick your ass to do it.

He looked at her again, bore his eyes intently into hers, and he thought for the briefest of moments she softened, a little but enough to tell him that maybe, just maybe she was still around.

But as quickly as it came, she was gone retreating behind that hard exterior, finding comfort in the dark, the one constant that had plagued her life, the one thing she had found she could rely on.

Past the friends that had abandoned her to her loneliness, past the companions that could and would not see, she had been slipping for so long, and they had not helped. Had not seen it, looked past it and beyond it, the gruffness excused as a trait of her Southern often lapsing charm, her sassiness accepted as part of her character, but had she screamed it, had she torn it open for all to see, they would have turned a blind eye.

The Professor, for so long miserable through losing one of his first students, Scott who had chosen to lash out angrily at her caught up in personal grief over his lost love, Hank who had buried himself in the vaults of his labs, content to hide out down there, choosing to find rationale in this crazy mixed up world through the cold deductions of science.
And Storm, the beautiful goddess, flawed when it came to healing one of her own flock, finding comfort in her gardens, in the constancy, and healing nature of the elements. In her gardens life came after death.

They were here, all of them, friends, foes, lovers…and sinners. And she eyed them all in turn, her cold eyes coming to rest on the one she considered to be the guiltiest…Logan. Lover and sinner…

‘Rogue…’ he whispered, the silence, the abject silence between an impending battle is the worst thing in the world, and he veteran of so many battles and so many wars hated it more than most, hated it beyond words now, he stepped forward, ‘Rogue…don’t do this.’

She smiled, not a hint of regret, ‘Logan, someone really has to teach ya somethin’ ‘bout crashing a party…’ She raised her hands and floated upwards, ‘for one thing, ya never, ever forget to bring the beer…’

She laughed slightly and he found himself starin’ at her, she was making jokes now? He gritted his teeth and sprang his claws free. He flexed his hands and she shook her head, that smile never fading, never slipping.

Look at me now, look at me and see, finally see who and what I am, something beyond your nightmares, something beyond your fear, something beyond you.

And then it happened, without warning, without hesitation, she threw flames from her hands watching as a line of fire scorched the grass, reaching high into the air, erecting a barrier between the X-men and the Acolytes.

That was Storm’s cue she flew into the air and called up the rains to dampen the fires; she flew level with Rogue, staring at her as the heavens poured between them. There was sadness in her gaze, and a whimper of self reproach as she spoke.

‘Please Rogue, I don’t want to hurt you, but please you must stop this before you hurt anyone else…’

Rogue’s answer was to summon thunderclouds of her own, she brought with them a fierce wind, Storm was pushed back until she regained her composure and flew towards Rogue once more, if she had not seen it with her own eyes she would not have believed it. The Professor had spoken of it, but it still seemed incredible that this young mutant girl could hold so much power and so many lives in that head of hers.

It was incredible but dangerous, she hated to do this, but someone had to stop Rogue, Storm reached up stretching her hand far into the sky, called up an almighty force, she aimed the wave of electricity directly at Rogue!

It hit the young mutant in the chest, seemed to bathe her in a brilliant light, she was like the angel of death, illuminated and bright, blindingly so, the mutants on the ground were forced to look on helpless as an almighty light show played out above their heads.

Rogue screamed, and for a while it seemed Storm had succeeded, but Rogue’s scream wasn’t one of pain, it was pleasure. She spread out her arms wide, a beautiful angel crucified as the lightning coursed through every one of her veins, all that energy flowing through her body and it was glorious!

Rogue absorbed the attack, all of it, and when it stopped her head was bowed, she looked up at last to a confused Storm, her eyes shone a bright yellow, and she stretched her arms out once more. It seemed Rogue was not even fazed.

But now, now it was her turn, ‘ah think it would be best if we kept ya grounded Storm…’
She reached up her hands stretching far into the dark clouds, mimicking the stance Storm had taken, and gathered her own lightning strike. She aimed it at Storm, who took a direct hit, but it didn’t stop there, she gathered more energy, and yet more, strike after strike, merciless in her attack, Storm was suspended by at least a half a dozen blasts of electricity, pain upon pain heaped on her body.

Rogue held her like this for a while, allowing her to feel the full force of the blasts before consenting to release her, the Goddess fell from the sky, unconscious and spent. Storm had indeed been grounded. Hank only just managed to grab her before she hit the ground.

‘ROGUE…!’ Logan’s fierce growl screamed up at her and she laughed a cold empty laugh. And then all hell broke loose, Sabretooth tired of standing on the sidelines made a direct line for Logan, his age old nemesis.

Scott directed his optic blasts at Remy, he dodged them easily, swatting away the rest with his staff, and countering with his own explosive deck of cards.

Rogue smiled as she floated high in the air and watched as the fray exploded beneath her, ‘it was on…it was so on…’



He was gonna catch up with her, he watched as she threw an energy blast at Scott, pushed back the Professor and generally created havoc with everything that was still standing. It was like a war zone, not a single tree stood that wasn’t ablaze, and not a single building that wasn’t crumbling.

The prison grounds bared the hallmarks of a fierce fight, and it was all because of her, he was gonna catch up with her. But meantime he still had to contend with a three hundred pound alley cat that was the Sabretooth.

The animal jumped him from behind when he was too busy starin’ up at Rogue, but he countered the move easily, grabbing the overgrown feline by the scruff of his neck and throwing him easily over his shoulders.

He slammed him hard into a tree and watched as the trunk was split in two. He brushed off the fur ball’s hairs; Sabretooth didn’t get up, he was out cold. Now it was her turn, you can’t break me, you can’t kill me, but I’m sure gonna kick your ass for this stunt.

Rogue had floated Scott up to her, she watched as he struggled helplessly against her pull. She brought him close, his legs kicking away as he tried to get away, she smiled and looked closely at him.

‘What’s the matter Scott? Nothin’ to say to me now…? She mocked him, her words bitter and hurtful reproach for his attack on her at the Academy. ‘Ya know they say payback’s a bitch.’ She wavered close to him, and to think once upon a time she had actually had a crush on this asshole; she easily dodged the optic blast he delivered, flying with an elegance and speed he had yet to see matched.

She used her telekinesis to freeze him to the spot, and floated behind him, ‘d’ya know what it is Scott to feel so utterly helpless, to know that ya have no control over your mutation…?’ he struggled against her hold, but she was stronger than any of them could have imagined.

‘Ah always wondered how ya would look without the glasses…’ she reached behind him and yanked his visor away. All at once a stray blast from his open eyes was sent high into the air. She smiled triumphant as he shut his eyes tightly, the pain and fear from the loss of control unbearable.

She laughed as she floated around him, ‘Listen to me Scott, ah’m gonna set ya down in the middle of the field, right in the centre of the fight, but ah guess ya better keep your eyes shut, or ya might jus’ blow away someone on your own side…what about it red-eye, ya got the nerve to take the chance, gonna risk blastin’ your friends into outer space?’

Rogue did just as she had threatened she lowered him back to the field, in between Storm and Hank, right behind the Professor, she smiled cruelly as she saw him struggle to keep his eyes firmly shut.


She was still watching them when she was suddenly tackled from behind, the attack took her completely by surprise, but she knew at once who it was, Logan. They flew through the air, their momentum carrying them forward, he grunted with the exertion, her hands were pinned tightly to her sides, but she wasn’t putting up much of a fight.

They crashed through the wall of the main entrance hall of the prison, by now completely deserted; they came barrelling through, an entangled mess of arms and legs, bricks and mortar.
He dragged her to her feet, his deadly adamantium claws jutted tightly under her throat and at her stomach. Her bare hands were free; she held them close to his face, their weapons, their given mutations ready and poised to kill each other.

They stood this way the longest while, each staring the other down, daring each other to make the first move, retaliation and retribution never far away. The air hung heavy with smell of charred soil and fire, the fight out there was still ongoing, a battle equally as fierce raged between Logan and Rogue.

A fight neither was willing to back down from, each believing they were in the right, wondering how far they would go to prove their point. Could it be that two best friends, two souls more alike than they would ever care to admit, were willing to kill each other?

‘Do it…’ she whispered at last, ‘come on Logan…let me feel it,’ she actually arched her neck willingly pressing the metal further into her skin. The cuts were deepened, the blood trailed down her neck and along his blades.

And it was the sick perverseness of it all that made him growl loudly, she pressed forward still her hands hovering barely inches from his face.

She smiled then, ‘like ah said Logan, ain’t nothin’ to make a relationship more interesting than a bit of rough n’ tumble…’

He shook his head, ‘since when did stealing other mutants powers become stockin’ up?’

‘So blondie woke up huh?’ she watched as he confirmed it, Siren had indeed awoken from the coma Rogue had put her in.

‘And we got a visit from the Brotherhood; they told us what happened, how ya caught them off guard…,’ Logan stared at her intently, knowing always knowing the confirmation would come, but she didn’t speak, jus’ smiled that damn playful smile of hers.

‘What’re ya playin’ at Rogue? Hookin’ up with Magneto, ya really think ya can trust that bunch of assholes?’

She laughed a little, ‘Oh come on Logan, ah learnt ma lesson where trust is concerned, ah ain’t ever gonna be that stupid again, ya taught me well ol’ friend, no more mistakes…’

‘Then what? What is it, why them, why here and why now?’ He asked of her, desperate for answers, desperate to make some sense of this. To know there was some reasoning behind this insane path she was taking, to know that within the madness lay some sort of method.

Something to come back from, something that will let me bring you back.

‘Ah’m tired Logan of bein’ pushed around, bein’ made to suffer ‘cause ah’m different, they don’t deserve it, they don’t deserve to be in charge of this world, but we can take it from them.’

Logan looked closely at her, no method, just madness. She was even beginning to sound like him, Magneto, that maniac who thought every concession must be made through force. Who fought the X-men, fought the humans for control, to instigate a New World order.

‘D’ya even know what you’re sayin’, this is crazy!’ His words sounded desperate and hollow even to his own ears.

‘Why? Look how strong we are, the gifts we have, we can take it apart Logan, take them apart, fix it the way we want to!’

He scoffed, ‘the way you want to? Or the way Magneto wants? Nice move Rogue, selling your soul to the devil.’

She laughed at that, ‘Sugah, ah’d be worried if ah had a soul to sell…’ She pressed forward, her fingertips almost brushing against his face, he saw then the look she wore, the hungry, insatiable expression, she was thirsting for it, the mutation had taken over, the need to draw energy from another, the will to feed on the life force of another.

‘Come on Logan…’ she whispered seductively, ‘ya have any idea what we can do together, ya and me baby, hell it’ll be more than somethin’ special.’ His hands faltered, the tension in his arms slackening, the claws slipping from her neck slightly.

She took her chance and pushed him back, the force caught him off guard, she was as strong as Sabretooth, if not stronger, they were both grunting with the exertion as she pushed him back against the wall, they struggled for the briefest moments before he stopped struggling and let her press her body flush with his.

But she didn’t drain him, not yet; instead she leant in close and whispered next to his ear, her words blowing gently across the nape of his neck, she smiled as she spoke. ‘Ya have no idea what a thrill it is, taking their life force, holdin’ onto them, watching their eyes bulge out their heads, wonderin’ hopin’ and prayin’ that ah’d let go.’

She drew back and looked at him closely, ‘Ah can see them screamin at me to let go, but ah hold on, just long enough to make sure they know, that ah could’ve, if ah wanted to ah would’ve.’

Would have taken their lives, would’ve taken everything from them, ‘cause ah’ve gotten a taste for it now.

‘So how ‘bout it Logan, wanna play a little game with me?’ She asked of him teasingly, brushing her fingers slightly over the tufts of his hair, ‘it’s called how long can you hold on?’

His eyes met hers, confused and bitterly disappointed, in her, in himself, but her lips hovered inches from his, and for all his pain, he could only think of what it would be like to have a taste.

Her thoughts were centred on the same idea, ‘how ‘bout it Logan, d’ya dare to let me…’ she stared at his lips, and moistened her own subconsciously, ‘how much are ya willin’ to take?’

He smiled then, ‘ya want my powers Rogue? Then ya get everything that comes with them!’ He suddenly grabbed her around the waist and pulled her flush against his chest, and he kissed her.

Hard and fast, a forceful meshing of the lips, and she groaned as he pulled her in closer still, her hands cupping his face, his hands roughly grasping at her hips, his claws digging into the small of her back.

She winced in pain, a gasp escaping her, a rush of breath passing into his mouth as she realised he was as determined to hurt her, as she was him. But she revelled in the touch, the perverseness of skin cutting open, the feel of blood trickling down.

His mouth had opened willingly under hers, and the brush of her tongue against his had him moaning, had him pulling her in closer still, their legs entangled, both willing that her mutation would hold off just a little longer. It was not enough; this taste could never be enough.

But it came, the pull, the force of her skin drawing him, and he felt it, the pain as the contact of her lips, the bare hands pressed against his face, began to draw him in. He bled into her, his memories, his powers, all his force…and she struggled with the intensity of it all.

She struggled to break the hold, to push him away but he held on, determined to make her suffer as he did. The claws at her back retracted as he succumbed to the darkness, and her hands slipped from his face, they crumbled to the floor, as the blackness overtook her as well and she drew in a shuddering breath as she broke away from him at last.

Rogue rolled painfully onto her back, as she saw him shut his eyes and slip into unconsciousness, she struggled to breathe, her eyes unable to focus on anything.

She heard his voice at last, saw him crouch close to her and lift her up, ‘come on cheri’e time to get ya out…’ Remy, good old Remy, the Cajun who had watched everything from his spot concealed in the shadows.