Author's Chapter Notes:
‘W-what are you doing..?’ She soon got her answer, Rogue reached out suddenly and clamped a hand over the girl’s mouth, and it was a vice like grip leaving Siren with very little strength to fight back or to use her mutancy and scream.

Rogue clasped her other hand tightly around the girl’s wrist. Both her hands were bare and Siren was soon experiencing pain like she had never known. The pull was excruciating, and Rogue held on bringing her face close to Siren’s ear whispering. ‘Ah’m just stockin’ up darlin’…just stockin’ up…’

A/N: I always wondered what to call Rogue now she was crossing over to the dark side, The Bitch of Bayville seems oddly appropriate if a little mild!
Part 10-‘The Bitch Of Bayville Makes Her Move…’

Rogue stalked down the corridor cursing under her breath as she went. The sunlight filtered through the tall bay windows that stretched from floor to ceiling but it did nothing to lighten her mood. She hurried past the views overlooking the gardens with a frustrated haste.

That is until she spied an all too familiar sight of blonde hair blowing in a gentle breeze. She had walked past the view first, but she stopped, approached the window slowly and looked again.
Siren… stood alone on the small ornamental bridge, reading a book and looking every bit the picturesque beauty.

Rogue regarded the sight with some curiosity, before smiling quietly to herself.
Time to spoil the view…

‘Hey…’ Rogue approached the girl with a gentle smile and an innocent gait. ‘Siren, right..?’ She asked, approaching her slowly.

The girl was surprised and just a little bit nervous. Siren was the classic all-American beauty, all curves, blonde hair and blue eyes. All with the addition of that nauseating positive attitude that sent Rogue’s teeth grating, she believed she could pinpoint this particular mutant to a tee. The girl had probably been head cheerleader, class valedictorian and all round school sweetheart, no poisonous skin for her, no such luck.

Y-yeah…and you are Rogue, right?’ Siren stammered slightly and began chewing her lower lip. ‘Look…um… I’m sorry for what happened, between me and Bobby; we really didn’t mean to hurt anybody.’

No of course not, ya just like sticking your tongue down random guy’s throats, Rogue thought with a vicious snarl. But she smiled and made a point of circling around her. She stopped just behind her. ‘Why’d ya think ya have to apologise to me?’

Siren turned around to face her, the slightest measure of confusion crossing her pretty face, ‘Well Bobby had said that you and he were…you know…’

Rogue stopped closer, ‘didn’t stop ya though did it?’ She didn’t wait for Siren to reply, ‘ya know it’s oddly appropriate your name…Siren…’ Rogue barely whispered the words now but there was no mistaking the gravity of her tone, ‘Sirens were traditionally said to be underworld creatures that lured sailors to their deaths by their haunting song…’ She was at Siren’s shoulder now, whispering into her ear.

The girl pulled away a startled expression crossing her face. But Rogue changed her approach once more; she smiled, the angry expression banished and the tone normal again. ‘Forget about it…Bobby and ah were over a long time ago, it wasn’t really gonna go anywhere.’
‘Either way, I am sorry…’ Siren was confused; she had no idea what to make of the strange Southern girl with the dark clothes and the strange hair.

Rogue waved away her apology, and with her arms crossed behind her back stepped close to the other girl once more. ‘So what’s your power?’

Siren shrugged her shoulders, ‘the power of echoes and sound, if I scream loud enough I can shatter any glass object within a 10 mile radius...’ She smiled proudly.

Rogue smiled back and nodded, ‘Oh, hence the name, Siren…’ she stood barely a few inches away from her now. ‘Do ya wanna know what my power is?’

Siren desperately wanted to move back but somehow couldn’t find the strength to step away, ‘I-I already know…your skin…’

Rogue leaned closer into her and tilted her head slightly, ‘Honey, ya don’t know the half of it…’ She didn’t move away and in fact seemed fixated by the girl’s mouth.
Sirens lips twitched nervously, Rogue noted her fear and smiled, ‘ya know you have a very pretty mouth, ah can understand why Bobby was so desperate to lock lips with ya…’

Siren was finding it difficult to breathe; it was only now she was beginning wonder why Rogue was holding her hands so tightly behind her back. Why her eyes had suddenly changed to a feline like yellow. She instinctively took a step back.

‘W-what are you doing..?’ She soon got her answer, Rogue reached out suddenly and clamped a hand over the girl’s mouth, and it was a vice like grip leaving Siren with very little strength to fight back or to use her mutancy and scream.

Rogue clasped her other hand tightly around the girl’s wrist. Both her hands were bare and Siren was soon experiencing pain like she had never known. The pull was excruciating, and Rogue held on bringing her face close to Siren’s ear whispering. ‘Ah’m just stockin’ up darlin’…just stockin’ up…’


‘You know you should have killed her…’

Rogue pushed the voice away, she was getting better at it now, or maybe because there were so may of them up there now that she’d given up fighting with them, and sometimes even held amusing little conversations with them.

Barely a half hour after leaving Siren a crumpled unconscious mess on the bridge she had set off. She hadn’t killed her, only took enough out of her to ensure she’d be out for a couple of days and to know what it was, what it cost to make fool out of Rogue. She smiled, there was no way the blonde bimbo was going to forget her in a hurry.

‘It would have been easy and so simple…ya know she deserved it…’ Rogue shook her head clear, ‘we don’t kill mutants, steal their powers of course, but we don’t kill them…’ she muttered under her breath.

‘But we kill humans?’

‘That’s different…’ she replied, ‘he deserved it…’


She stood in front of the now fast dilapidating house that had long been home for the Brotherhood. Well, she thought, wouldn’t Mystique be proud to know how much care they were taking of the place. The shutters were hanging off dirty windows, and the lawn was overgrown with a hundred different variety of weed.

She stepped towards the door and settled her eyes on the man stood leaning lazily against the wall. She smiled widely at him, ‘Ya know swamp rat, there ain’t no cause for ya to be here…ah’m sure ah can handle the Brotherhood on ma own…’

Remy leaned further back, raising one knee and placing his foot against the wall, he looked coolly over at her, ‘Cher`ie… Remy pretty sure ye can handle just about anything…it don’t mean he don’t wanna be around when ye do…’ She hadn’t called on him but he had come all the same, sensing that she was finally ready to move on, and he wanted to be the first she moved on to.

He was turning a playing card over and over in his hands; she noted the suit with a curious smile, the Queen of Hearts…oddly appropriate.
She looked up at him, by now standing only a few inches away, they stood close together on the porch, she pressed a hand to his arm, and searching his eyes found him to be oddly, deeply affected by her touch. That made her smile even more and leaning forward she grazed her lips against his cheek, it was the slightest of touches barely a seconds worth and certainly never enough to allow her mutancy to kick in, but he caught his breath all the same.

She stepped back and gestured towards the door, ‘Then…would ya do the honours…?’
He understood completely and bowing slightly complied by knocking on the door loudly, she nodded her appreciation and Remy took up his lazy post by the door once more. ‘Why thanks sugah…’ She offered him one of her brilliant smiles before turning her attention back to the front door.

She didn’t wait for a reply, and taking off her gloves flexed her hands.
‘Time for ya to do your thing Rogue…’ She spoke to the voice deep inside her head, calling up a memory, closing her eyes she concentrated. Suddenly flinging her arm outwards and gesturing with her open hands towards the door she heard it creak and then with a satisfying crunch splinter.

The door flew off its hinges and into the house, fine bits of wood splaying everywhere. It came to land on the staircase, Rogue stepped into the hallway, calling out ‘Knock…Knock…!’

She looked towards a very confused Lance, frozen in the hallway, regarding the door with some confusion and in the middle of carrying a fork of spaghetti to his mouth. He turned to look at the point where the front door once stood, his mouth agape he could for a while only stare at the girl who stood in its place.

‘What the f-…Rogue?’ She smiled at him and the rest of the Brotherhood, Blob, Pietro and Toad, who had by now joined Lance in the defunct hallway.

‘Hello boys…. Did ya miss me…?’ Lance tossed his plate aside and took a step towards her; he recognised the all too confident look in her eyes, the challenging air about her as she smiled.

‘I’ll say this for you Rogue; you still know how to make one hell of an entrance…’ he stepped closer still, ‘So, what’re you doing here?’

She smiled sweetly, ‘Just had a cravin’ to pound some mindless meat…’ she encompassed them all in a glance, ‘so what of it boys, ya up for a fight?’

Lance crossed his arms and laughed, ‘All of us…? You wanna fight all of us?’ He looked past her shoulder and to the empty space behind her. ‘Just you…?’

She mimicked his stance and leaning her head to one side shrugged her shoulders, ‘Don’t worry, ah’ll go easy on ya.’

Still unsure but unwilling to pass up such a challenge all four mutants stepped forward towards Rogue, ‘Girl, you got yourself a fight.’

‘Good, and ah hope for your sake ya boys are wearin’ underpants.’ None of them understood that last statement of hers.

Lance lunged at her pressing his hands to the floor as he did. The ground underneath their feet began to shake and churn up, the shockwave heading straight for Rogue.

He looked up smiling triumphantly, Rogue didn’t move until the last minute, as the seismic disturbance reached her she simply lifted her hands and floated upwards. She smiled widely at the boy’s surprise and shook her head at him. Lance had never been able to control his power for long, using powers akin to an avalanche left him drained.

She used that to her advantage, flying over to him; she floated him up to her level, and promptly drained him. He fell unconscious and when she had her fill threw him out of the doorway and onto the lawn.

‘WOAH…’ Pietro gasped out loud, ‘hey no fair….!’ Next came Blob, the only real danger with his strength and weight, tactics 101, take out the strongest and the rest will soon follow. She used the wall as a springboard and pushing with her legs somersaulted in the air and landed on the big man’s shoulders, quickly pressing her hands to his neck.

He fell to the floor with a thump that set the ground shaking again. She climbed off him and sought to fly again when toad whipped out his tongue and wrapped it around her ankle. He began to pull her to the floor but she had a strength he had not anticipated.

She wrapped her hands around the tongue, cringing at its sliminess and used it as a leverage to lift him from the floor. He struggled and she smiled before beginning to spin, slow at first, then faster and faster in dizzying circles until she released him. He went flying out to the lawn and landed heavily on the already unconscious Lance.

Only one left now. Rogue approached Pietro with a smile and a menace. He stood his ground as she moved towards him.

Remy was sat on the porch calmly stacking up his cards in a game of solitaire as various Brotherhood members came flying overhead. He barely even flinched as they sailed over his head one by one to land on the lawn, even the giant, they were all soon stacked one on top of the other on the grass in front of him.

The only indication he was actually noticing what was happening was the lazy smile he wore, quietly proud of his cher`ie. She came out dusting herself off having flung the last one onto the lawn, he stood and handed her gloves. She took them from him, and allowed her bare fingers to lace over his, lingering just a while, but it was enough to trigger the pull. He flinched, only now noticing her eyes were still glazed over, but the sharp sound of his pain snapped her back and she closed eyes, pushing the voices and the power back.

She forcefully pulled her hand away and quickly replaced her gloves; Remy breathed a sigh of relief.
‘Sorry sugah, still in attack mode…’ she rubbed her hand over eyes and seemed to stagger a little. He caught her against his chest and steadied her with his arms, ‘Rogue…, fille you need to slow down.’

She pushed him back a little and stood on her own, ‘No, ah’m fine…’ she looked over at the mutants on the lawn and smiled, ‘ah’m better than fine.’


By the time Remy and Rogue had left the Brotherhood were thoroughly humiliated, not only had she beaten them and soundly kicked their ass, she’d left them all tied together and perched precariously on the roof of the house.

And she’d removed their pants, no doubt her little joke, but thankfully she had at least left them their underwear. Now her earlier question made sense.

What everyone failed to notice was the black van parked just a little down the street, with blacked out windows, allowing the perfect view of the house. He watched with a fearful intensity, clutching the steering wheel so tight that his knuckles whitened under the pressure.

He had caught up with her at long last.