Author's Chapter Notes:
My computer is so kindly dropping letters when I paste something into an e-mail. I think I've caught them all, but please let me know if so many things got through that it's hard to read. And, sorry this sequel is so late in coming. Morning sickness threw a wrench into my writing time.
Charles Xavier quickly scanned the stairs and entryway before silently rolling himself into the recreation room. He resisted the urge to shut the door behind him. After all, it wasn't as if he was doing anything wrong. And he had curfew duty. He had to keep an eye out for the children in his care.

But he still scanned the entryway again before slipping his VCR tape from the secret compartment under the seat of his wheelchair. He wasn't embarrassed, he told himself. He just didn't want to put up with the teasing from the staff if they knew. He inserted the tape and turned the volume low before rolling his wheelchair directly in front of the television set and precisely 10 feet in front of it. He'd learned long ago, this was the best spot to watch from.

He felt the tension of the day slipping from his shoulders as the introductory music played. He watched Emeril run onto the set, greeting the audience. He sighed without knowing it. He loved cooking. Oh, he didn't indulge himself often. There were always too many distractions to stay focused on the perfect spinach quiche, but every so often, when things were quiet and most the students were away, he'd sneak into the kitchen and make a deliciously complex meal. And he loved Emeril. In the days before the Brotherhood, he'd dreamed of being a chef. But reality stepped in. He didn't regret his choices. And he always had Emeril, he thought fondly, as he watched the chef throw some seasonings into a pot and shout "Bam!"

Xavier was busy taking notes on Emeril's Cooking with Veal show, the Stuffed Roasted Veal Roast with a Spicy Tomato Sauce and Creamy Pasta sounded promising, when he heard a soft laugh. He looked up to find Rogue and Logan standing in the doorway, a teasing smile gracing Rogue's face and utter shock on Logan's. 'Would have thought from the look on his face that I was sitting in my wheelchair wearing a pink tutu and watching Swan Lake,' Xavier thought snarkily.

Pushing stop on the remote, the professor turned his wheelchair to face the couple who'd left the mansion more than a week earlier.

"I'm glad the two of you returned." The statement was nonjudgmental. He was glad they were back. The X-Men needed their powers, and to be honest, he'd missed the way Logan could get under Scott's skin. It was almost more entertaining than a holiday special of Emeril. Almost.

"Of course, we returned, Professor," Marie said as she walked into the room and plopped down on the couch. Logan reluctantly followed her over. Oh, he was glad to be back, too. He hadn't been able to indulge in a good fight for a week and was anxious to get in the Danger Room. But he'd have given almost anything not to be having this discussion with the professor. He didn't think Chuck would kick him out. It'd mean Marie leaving, too. He just figured Chuck would have him scrubbing toilets with his toothbrush for years to come.

Xavier turned his wheelchair to face the couple and folded his arms, waiting for them to speak. Logan looked at the floor, at the ceiling, at the silent television. Everywhere but at the professor.

Marie let out an exasperated sigh and smacked Logan across the shoulder. "Professor," she began. "We owe you an explanation for why we were gone so long." He motioned for her to continue, which she did after giving Logan a glare that could kill lesser man.

"The thing is, we ... we eloped. Now, I know I'm only 18. And Logan and I haven't really been together that long, but see, we ... we love each other. Now don't laugh ..."

But she realized the professor wasn't laughing. He was still watching them with the same cool gaze. 'Logan so owes me for being too chicken to open his big mouth. Maybe I'll make him play a humble manservant to my lady of the manor tonight. That would be fun,' she thought.

"Logan, do you have anything to say?" Xavier asked.

"Uhm, yeah. I know you may never trust me again, but I didn't come back planning on seducing Marie."

Xavier nodded. "I know. It was Rogue who was set on seducing you. You were just too slow to pick up on it. I'm glad you finally did. I was afraid I was going to have to take you aside and explain things to you. And I really do hate to get involved in the private lives of my students. Now, I thought it was a lovely ceremony, and I've been thinking a reception here at the mansion would be in order. I'm sure Ororo, Jean, Kitty and Jubilee will be heartbroken that they weren't there to see you drop the ring and stutter, Logan. This will help them feel included."

Logan's mouth was moving. He was sure of it. But the words he was trying to form just wouldn't come out.

Marie smiled. "Cerebro?"

"Yes, I used it once or twice to make sure you were safe, especially after you exceeded the time you'd informed Ororo you planned to be away."

Logan finally found his voice. "So, you going to cook for the reception? Maybe that Crispy Sweetbreads with White Bean Ragout by that Emeril guy?" he asked just a little snidely with a piercing glance at the television screen. 'If the professor had known all along, he could have at least sent a message saying he was OK with all this and wasn't going to have a shotgun aimed at me when I finally brought Marie home,' Logan thought.

Xavier smiled, promised himself he'd find a way to get even for the teasing and said, "I don't think so. And, Logan, the reason I didn't interrupt your time away to tell you I wasn't going to 'have a shotgun aimed' at you, was that after the wedding, there was hardly five minutes that you two weren't... otherwise involved. I'm sure it would have been rude to interrupt those tender moments."

He could have sworn they both blushed. And so they should. He'd used Cerebro a few times, with the intent of telling them he was perfectly fine with their relationship. But they were always making love. He wasn't sure how they were even able to walk.

"While you were away, I took the liberty of arranging for a suite for the two of you upstairs. You are at the other end of the hallway from the suite Jean and Scott are using. At Jubilee's instance, we soundproofed the room. It seems most of the students have been rooting for you. They just don't want to hear how happy the two of you are." He smothered the smile almost demanding to get out. That wasn't exactly the wording Jubilee used, but that was probably in her best interest.

"The rooms are equipped with a small kitchen. Logan, I would like for you to start keeping your beer there. Less temptation for the students. Rogue, I expect you to continue your studies with us. I hope with the goal of joining the team in mind." He put his hand up as Logan looked ready to explode. "But that's something we can discuss at a later date. Your belongings have been taken up to the suite, but I'm sure you'd like to get settled. I hope we'll see you at breakfast." He turned back to the television, dismissing them as he hit play and watched Emeril come back to life on the screen. 'And since it's been hours since you've had sex, I'm sure you're going into withdrawal,' he thought.

Rogue and Logan just stared at his back. A look of amusement on Rogue's face and a look of horror on Logan's. She grabbed his hand and tugged him up. "Come on, let's check out the room."

As they walked down the deserted hallway, Rogue rubbed his arm, "See, I told you the professor would be cool about everything."

"I guess. I'm still waiting for the other shoe to fall. I just don't believe he's that OK with a guy like me with a girl like you."

Standing just outside their door, Rogue took Logan's face in her gloved hands. "Logan, you're the only guy for me. He knows that. Other than Scott, you've been the only one not sure of that. I'd hoped I'd managed to convince you by now. Guess I'll have try some more," she said with a seductive look on her face.

Logan growled, pulled her close and kissed her too quickly for her skin to react. Then he swept her in his arms, pushed open the door and carried her into their new home.

He unerringly found the bedroom, dominated by a king sized bed with satin sheets. The covers were turned down and on one pillow rested a shimmering blue teddy and on the other rested a pair of navy blue silk boxers. Logan softly tossed Marie onto the bed and reached for a note that lay between the pillows. "The bed is from me, the sheets were Scott and Jean's idea, the clothing is from Jubilee and Kitty, and if you look up you'll see Ororo's gift. Professor Xavier"

Logan looked up and burst out laughing as the mirror reflected his lovely wife sprawled across the bed waiting for him to join her.

"I love these guys," Logan said as he pushed aside the note and clothes and moved to straddle Marie.

"Me, too," she said breathlessly when Logan pulled out a handkerchief and draped it over her neck and began nibbling. "I love you, Logan."

"I love you, too, Marie." Logan breathed in her scent and knew he'd found what he'd been looking for all this time. Love.