Author's Chapter Notes:
Thanks to Jamie for the beta read and her great ideas.
Storm gracefully folded her lean form into her favorite position for meditating, making sure to position herself where she could watch the front lobby. She knew there was going to be a good show tonight.

Really it was Logan's turn to pull curfew duty, but when he'd asked her to switch so he could “beat a little sense into Rogue,” well, all she asked was a good view of Rogue beating Logan senseless.

She knew they would work things out, that they were meant for each other, but she knew the two would not have an easy time of things. Two such strong, vibrant spirits never would. Besides, she didn't think Rogue would take kindly to being told what to do. And she knew Logan had been furious about the new pink paint job his motorcycle had gotten in the middle of the night. Storm let the laughter bubble out. She remembered Logan storming in from the garage after trying in vain to scrub off the bike and then when he came out of the shower ... Storm doubled over. Apparently the pink theme didn't end in the garage. Logan's hair had been turned pink by his shampoo. She had wondered at the time what male-hormone induced stupidity Logan had participated in to get Rogue quite so mad at him.

With a soft exhale, Storm willed her body to relax and her mind to push Logan and Rogue away, at least until it was time for the show to start. And she wasn't disappointed.

The sharp rap of the front doors bouncing open snapped her out of her meditation. She almost choked at the scene in front of her. A barely covered Rogue - was that a pink chiffon teddy - was ruthlessly balanced on Logan's shoulder. His leather-clad hands seemed to have a death grip on the wiggling body.

“Logan, I swear, if you don't let me down, I'm gonna tie you up in your sleep, build a fire out back and see how hot it has to get before your stupid-ass bones start to melt. Now, LET ME DOWN.”

Logan's lips curled up in a sneer. “Fine, you want down?”

Before Rogue could figure out what he meant to do, Logan walked over to the newly installed fountain and plopped Rogue into the ice cold water.

“Logan, I'm going to kill you,” Rogue shrieked. “Where the hell do you get the nerve to come barging in on me and Kyle?”

“That's rich, Marie. Where do I get the nerve? Where do you get the nerve to run off to some flea-bag motel with that pansy Kyle? What the hell were you thinking?”

Rogue stood up, oblivious to the water dripping off the sheer fabric clinging to her every curve and valley. Logan smothered a groan as his body reacted to her delicious form.

“What was I thinking? I was thinking that he wanted me. That I wanted to be wanted for a change. That I wanted to be close to someone. Is that a crime?”

“Only when you pick a pansy like Kyle who takes you to a place that charges by the hour!”

Storm quickly slipped her hand over her mouth to smother the laughter she felt welling up inside her. 'Just wait until Jean hears about this,' she thought.

“Oh, and just how do you know it charges by the hour, Mr. I'm Pure as the Driven Snow My Ass. Who the hell do you think you are to judge me and my relationship with Kyle? Or any other guy for that matter. Hell, if I wanted to have sex with every player in the NHL, it would be none of your damn business. If I wanted to have wild, hot sex with all of them at the same time, it still wouldn't be your business. So, what do you have to say about that?”

A red haze seeped into his brain when Marie started talking about hockey orgies. Hell, Marie wasn't to have sex with anyone but him. He tuned back in for her last question and finally he had an answer.

“You want to know what I'd say?” he asked softly as he slowly approached her with the stealth of an animal hunting its prey. He watched as she gulped and just nodded. He was close enough to smell the anger turn into something else. Fear. Hell, that's not what he wanted from her.

He stepped into the fountain with her, sitting on the edge and pulling her down onto his knee. Before she could even gasp, he had his mouth on the damp material barely covering her breast. His tongue twirled circles around her nipple as she arched into his hands moving restlessly along her back.

Whipping out a scarf from his pocket, Logan draped it over her face and laid siege to her mouth. Rogue thought she was drowning. The sensations bashed against her senses, she couldn't think, didn't want to. Her hands grasped his shoulders, pulling him closer to her. Then she trailed her fingers down his T-shirt until they flicked over his nipples. She smiled as he growled and bit a little too hard on her lip. He broke the kiss and rested his chin on top of her head. They both struggled to catch their breath.

“That's what I have to say about it, Marie. You're mine.” He held her still as she struggled to free herself.

“The hell I am, you ...”

Logan's soft words had Rogue swallowing hers and almost her tongue. “And I'm yours. It's time I realize you complete me and I complete you. So, if you're still waiting for me to ask you out, Marie, consider yourself asked. Come with me.” He stood and held his hand out to her. It had to be her decision. He wouldn't force her. At least he wouldn't as long as she was reasonable and came with him.

Rogue stared into his face. She saw the man who'd always been there for her. Her protector, friend, pal. And something new. A man who desired her. His eyes, his body, they couldn't lie to her. They never had been able to. In them, she saw everything he hadn't said. He loved her. In the ever after way. Not the happily ever after way. She knew better than to think life with Logan would always be happy. No, but it would always be exciting and filled with love and passion. The flip side of love and passion was hurt. Not intentionally, but Logan would hurt her, in little ways - not big ones. And she would hurt him.

Logan cleared his throat, realizing Marie had gotten lost in her thoughts. She did that sometimes. She'd think things through so much, she'd forget what was going on around her.

“I'll come,” she said softly as she grasped his hand in hers. He pulled her in his arms and branded her with another kiss.

“Hey, Storm, tell Chuck I have Marie with me, and we'll be back tomorrow.” His eyes gleamed as he looked down at Marie. “Maybe the day after that. Oh, and someone should probably let the pansy ass out. He's shut up in a Dumpster behind the Home Away from Home flea bag on 12th Street. And you probably need to take him some clothes. Can you believe he wears Spider-man briefs?”

Storm tried not to snort. “I'll tell the Professor of the developments, and I'll send Bobby and St. John to take care of Kyle. Have fun.”

Logan grinned. “I plan to.” He grasped Marie at her waist and tossed her back over his shoulder.

“Logan, put me down. I need to get some clothes.”

“Darlin', you're dressed just fine for where I'm taking you.” And he gave her a soft pat on her butt as he walked out into the dark.

As soon as Storm heard the front door click shut, she bounded up headed for the stairs, thinking, 'I can't wait to tell the Professor and Jean and Scott and Jubilee and Kitty and St. John and Bobby and ...'