It had been three weeks, three whole weeks. She had watched a car with the man she loved in it blow up.

He had taken his own life.

Because of her, because of the things she had said to him. The mistakes she had made and the stupid choices that had taken her away room him for six months.

He loved her, she knew that and he had never betrayed her. She felt so stupid, ridiculous, and completely lost. He was everything to her and she had run from him because of what she thought he had done to her.

If she thought about it, now, she knew he would have never cheated on her. If only she had tried to talk to him, walked into the room or even told the Professor, someone, what was wrong. This could have all been avoided. She wouldn’t be in such emotional pain, she would be happy and she would be in his arms. Not curled up in a ball, covered in blankets and silently crying for the man she loved.

She didn’t care that he had hit her, he could hit her a thousand times a day if it meant he was alive. If he was standing in front of her now, she would be happy for him to hit her, to do something, to do anything and she would take it because it meant he was ok. She would take anything

After the car exploded, ‘Ro and Remy had arrived in the jet, apparently the Professor had been trying to call Scott form the moment that she put the phone down to Jubes, but he couldn’t get through, the signal had faltered because they were in a small valley.

They held her back, they stopped her from saving him. She could have got to the car, she could have got him out and she knew it. But they stopped her, took the choice away from her, made her the one that was left to deal with the knowledge that she could have saved him, but didn’t or couldn’t.

She kept thinking, maybe she should have tried harder to get away from Scott and Remy, maybe she should have used her mutation on them and made them let go of her. She shouldn’t have let herself be herded into the Blackbird like a hurt child. She should have fought them, Logan would have fought them and they would have let him go. But she was Rogue, not the Wolverine.

She had been quiet and tearful and lost for three weeks. It was all to much Pete had apologised profusely but it made no difference, it wasn’t his fault it was hers. She made the choice to run without trying to solve the problem. She had made the mistake. The last six months and three weeks of her life were a mistake and it was her who had orchestrated that mistake. Made it flourish, made it possible and made it worse.

They had all tried to talk to her, they had all begged her to eat properly to sleep and they had begged her to leave the room. They said it was unhealthy for her to stay here, they brought her meals and she ate as much as she needed to, enough to keep the hunger at bay, she didn’t deserve to enjoy her food. She didn’t deserve to enjoy anything because he wasn’t there enjoying it with her. All she did was fall asleep in the plush armchair and silently cry for the one person in the whole world that made her truly happy.

Logan opened his eyes slowing, painfully and tried to take in his surroundings. He was in the med lab. The smell told him that. Shit it hadn’t worked. Fuck Scooter, he must have brought him back here. He didn’t want to be here without her. He didn’t want to be alive with out her. She was his life, the reason and the only reason to be a decent human being.

He rolled on his side and tried to raise himself up onto his hand. He slowly got up. He felt a slight wave of dizziness hit him and he shook it off. Getting up apparently helped he was feeling a lot better. His skin still hurt, a slight buzz in his head and the metal against his bones still felt hot and uncomfortable.

He thing that hurt the most was when he looked across the room to see a small bundle of blankets curled up on Hank’s armchair. He hadn’t smelt her before but not he concentrated he could smell her now. Salty tears, sorrow, pain and a slight musty smell of sweat. She hadn’t had a wash in a couple of days he could tell, but she still smelt wonderful to him. He tiny little bare feet were poking out from under the blanket.

He slid of the bed, grateful to find himself wearing a pair of sweats. When his feet hit the cold floor his head decided that it was the perfect moment to feel dizzy he wobbled and as his knees gave out a family pair of hands caught him.

“You alright? You probably shouldn’t be standing up yet.” Scott helped him back a bit so he could rest on the edge of the hospital bed.

“Keep your voice down Scooter, you’ll wake her up. She looks like she could use the sleep.” He whispered but his voice was croaky and he had only just caught his breath. Maybe he didn’t feel as good as he thought he did.

Scott kept his voice down. “She’s only been out of this room a handful of times, she doesn’t eat, sleep and she blames herself for the whole thing.”

“She shouldn’t.” He ran his hand over his face and stood up again. He walked over to her and stood over her sleeping form. Whispering again. “I’m gonna leave.”

Scott walked up behind him. “Logan if you leave her now, you really will be an asshole. She needs you and as much as I hate to admit it, you need her. You leave her now and she wont be here when you eventually come back, she wont be anywhere.”

Logan turned and looked at Scott’s face, he was telling the truth and he really believed that Rogue would hurt herself if he left her. “That’s blackmail.”

“No you idiot, its called love. After the last few months you can’t honesty think that you’re better off without her? ‘Cause you’re not. Wake her up, apologise for hitting her and get on with your lives.” Scott walked to the door that led out to the hall. “And another thing, you ever lay a hand on her like that again I’m going to give you laser surgery buddy.”

With that last warning Scott left him alone with his beautiful Marie. He wouldn’t do that again, he would make sure that nothing ever hurt her ever again.

Her soft even breathing made him feel calm, solid and better than he ever had before. He stroked her cheek with the back of his hand and instantly he felt her deadly skin tingle and begin the pull. Before it had taken any of him in he pulled his hand away.

He sank to his knees in front of her. God what had he done. Since the first moment she had been able to control her skin, she had completely control and that meant that even when she was asleep, she had enough control for it to be turned off. He had ruined that; he had worn her out so much that she couldn’t even manage to keep it off when she slept. Her energy was spent and it was his fault.

Everything that had happened, her leaving him, finding her jeep, loosing her at the train station, right up until he hit her then tried to kill himself, it all came flooding back and he couldn’t handle it. He lent forward and gently placed his head on her lap, resting his hand on he arms of the chair. And he began to cry, the tears falling onto her blankets and soaking through to her clothes.

She awoke gently to find a wonderful, handsome and ultimately powerful man crying in her lap. Mentally flicking her mutations off switch, she reached for him. She placed her hand on either side of his head and gently lifted it so he was looking at her.

His eyes were red and his mouth was turned down in a grim frown. She smiled at him and brushed his tears away with her soft fingers. Tuned in her chair and moving the blankets off of her, so he was positioned between her legs. She leant forward and kissed him. He sobbed onto her lips and she broke the kiss and held him to her fiercely.

“I love you so much Marie. I’m so sorry. Please, please forgive me.” She began to cry too. Pulling away she held his face again.

“I love you too.” It was all they needed to say for now. He needed to know she loved and she needed to know the same.

Sniffing she wiped her face and laughed. “God I must look a state.” She ran her hands over his chest. “You on the other hand look kinda good. All healed?” She could see that he was. All the skin had grown back and the charred blackness that covered him for at least two whole weeks since the SUV, was now completely gone.

Nodding he laughed and rubbed his face with his hands, erasing any evidence that he had been crying and sobbing like a big fat flowery girl. “You look good darlin’. Really good.” He put his hand on the back of her neck and puled her froward for a kiss.

It soon turned from a chaste peck, to a passion filled frenzied one. He lowered her jaw with his thumb and she let his tongue into her mouth. He could believe the taste of her, sweet and perfect. Just like he remembered. She tasted like cinnamon rolls. Fresh hot sweet and really fucking tasty ones. There was a slight taste of salt from her tears but he knew that wouldn’t last long now.

She pulled away and giggled, wiping her mouth. “We need to talk before we forget what it is we need to talk about!”

“Uh-huh.” He nodded and leaned forward again, took her mouth before another pesky word came out of it. He was now towering over her as she sat in the chair. Tasting her perfectly wet tongue and devouring her beautiful lips. She pushed him away again.

“I mean it, we need to discuss what happened in my motel roommpppph.” She finally realised that he wasn’t going to let her mentioned the slap he had given her. Well she had another way to address it. Any minute now, she would just let him kiss her thoroughly first, yep any minute now.

He knew what she was talking about but he wanted to kiss her. He didn’t want to admit what he had done.

God she tasted good. This wonderful beautiful woman who was currently griping his hair, starting to smell really fucking good and making his sweats feel really tight around his crotch.

Untangling her hands from his hair she slid them forward on to his chest and pushed. While he still had his eyes closed and he was breathless and completely unaware of what was happening, she hauled back and slapped him square across the face. The sound echoed through the room.

He slowly brought his head back round and locked his eyes with hers. His were filled with controlled anger and hurt, hers matched them. “Now we’re even. Let’s leave it that way!” She raised her eyebrows and then smiled at him, making sure he got the message she was trying to convey without actually saying ‘Don’t ever hit me again.’

His features softened and he smiled back at her. Nodding he simply said “Point taken.” He growled loudly and roughly snatched her face back to his for another kiss.

She ran her hands over his muscled chest again, trailing them down his abdomen. She heard him growl into her mouth when she slid them inside his sweats and onto his bare butt. It was tight and a little hairy, but if felt really nice under her hands. She squeezed him and pulled him to her, thus deepening their kiss.

She started to moan as her nipped his way down her neck. “I want you. Right now.” She smiled at his words and she nodded when he looked at her again. She knew that anyone could walk in on them but that was kind of half the fun.

He slid his hand under her top and massaged her breasts. He had always loved her breasts, they weren’t perfect by her standards, but they were a bit wobbly and really soft. The way he liked them. She moaned and kissed him as he rolled her nipples between his fingers.
He moved his hand out of her top and touched her lips. Getting up he walked over the Hank’s desk and started rummaging in his draws. “Logan what are doing?” He found what he wanted and came back to her, settling between her legs again.

Holding the foil packet up he smirked at her. “Turn your skin on.”

She was slightly taken aback, she hadn’t expected this. “Why? Its dangerous, we haven’t done that for ages. A year at least.”

“I like the thrill. And if I catch your skin…” he shrugged “you’ll know how much I love you.” He had told her that once before, he had begged her to do it. He said he could feel a slight buzz from her body when it was switched on. He said it had made his senses hum and tingle.

She smiled the most brilliant smile of her life. It meant so much to her that he would do this, because he wanted to. She grabbed the packet out of his hand as he crushed her mouth with his. She pushed his sweats down and rolled on the condom.

Taking her hands off of him as well as her lips, she looked him in the eye. “It’s on. And the condom.” She giggled again and he shook his head at her.

Luckily she was wearing black leggings, so he let out an inch of claw and cut a small whole through them as well as her panties. He grabbed her bottom and pulled her to the edge of the chair. He would buy Hank another one, because this chair was spending the rest of is life in his and Marie’s room!

He slid into her and his eyes flew back into the roof of his head. He had forgotten what she felt like. Tight and hot and wet and good fucking god she was perfect. “Logan, Jesus!”

“I know baby. Wow!” He began to move slowly, torturously slow. Both of them were moaning together. She raised her hands to put them on his chest, but suddenly remembered her skin was on. She put them in her hair instead and leant her head back on the chair.

“Faster.. uh.. God yeah just like that!” She was begging, but she didn’t care. He went faster, pushing her legs wider and then leaning his hands on the back of the chair. He pounded into her harder than he had even done before. She was coming before she knew it. Crying out with a sharp yelp as she did. “Ahh! Uhh!”

“GGGRRRRrrr…. yeah! Uh God!” Just as he came and was shuddering the last dregs of his cum into her, the condom broke. “Shit!” The all too familiar veins started to show on his face.

She felt hot wetness inside of her and the hardness of his skin. The pull began almost immediately and in her fuzzled post orgasmic state it took her a good five seconds before she could scramble around in her brain to turn her skin off.

She pushed him back from her slightly and giggled. “You laughing at me darlin’?”

“I caught that thought mister and yes I’m laughing at you. Pelvic floor is not another name for my diaphragm!”

“Guess you’ll have to explain it to me them.” He kissed her and nipped at her bottom lip as he pulled away.

He got unsteadily to his feet and got rid of the condom. While he was doing that, Marie rearranged her underwear and put the blanket round her again to cover the whole in her leggings.

He stalked back to her looking smug and predatory. He scooped her up in his arms and walked towards the door. “Not meaning to be rude darlin’ but you’re the best fuck I’ve ever had and I don’t care what you pubic door is, I love it.”

“Back to your old self again sugar?” He stopped walking and looked at her with so much love and relief. It would take a while for all the scars on the inside to heal for both of them, but they knew they would get there if they had each other and a good band of friends around.

“Yeah. And another thing, you owe me 60 bucks for a new windscreen and another 35 for paint remover!” He raised his eyebrows at her a she started to giggle.

“Did it come off your jacket?” She was trying so hard not to laugh.

“Well, I was going to leave it on, because, you know it was a big cock darlin’. But then I figured a big pink cock on the back of my biker jacket would give the wrong impression!”

She burst out into hysterical laughter in his arms, as he carried her to their room and began to make up for the six months that they had lost on mistakes.

END