Author's Chapter Notes:
I’m having a proper go at angst, sue me!!
Letting the warm water of the shower wash over her tired body she wished that she had stayed in bed. Logan was still asleep, and he looked really comfy. Too comfy to pass up, but she had promised she would go shopping with Jubes today. And Logan had to re-programme the danger room.

She was broken out of her thoughts by a rough hand smacking her on the buttocks. "What the hell are you doing? Trying to give me a heart attack? Don't you know it's not polite to sneak up on people?"

Logan got in the shower, naked! "I could smell you from in there and had to have you." Not bothering to even ask her, he turned her around and quickly took her mouth with his. Pulling her by her bottom he guided his already-aching penis into her. Once all the way in, he held himself and leant his head forward on her shoulder with a groan. "How do you do that?"

"What?" She panted a reply. She honestly had no idea what he was talking about.

"Make every time feel like the first time?" It was true; she was always hot and tight.

"It's called Pelvic Floor, sugar." He began to thrust into her with ease. Clinging to his shoulders, she tipped her head back and began to moan. Grabbing her hair, he brought her mouth down to his and his thrusting became erratic.

His length grew as he neared ecstasy and filled her completely. Groaning into each other's mouths, they came together in an explosion of fireworks. It was a quick fuck, just the way he liked it first thing in the morning.

She got dressed and put on her make-up, while he shaved and tried to sort his hair out. Honestly, the man took longer than she did!

He was still in the bathroom when she shouted a good-bye. "Yeah see ya," was the response she got, and it nagged at her slightly. Normally she would have got a `Luv ya' or `Bye darlin''. She shook it off and headed to meet Jubes.

Rogue jumped out of Jubes's car, taking her shopping bags with her. Leaving Jubes to park, she ran through the front door of the mansion and headed for the main stairs that led up to her room.

The room she shared with Logan and had done for the past three years. She was happy. Everything had fallen into place, and they were all still there safe and well. Bobby, Kitty, Jubes, Logan, Scott, Kurt, Pete, `Ro and the Professor, safe. A couple of new arrivals, included Remy and Hank, and they were welcome ones.

A year ago when the Professor and everyone else had realised that she and Logan were serious, they all helped them knock their rooms into one. They were next to each other anyway, so why not? At first she'd been unable to trust it, but after three years....

She opened the door and put her bags down on the plush leather sofa and threw her keys on the table. She was excited and wanted to show him the new underwear she had got. That's when she heard the first sound, a groan, a manly groan.

She silently edged towards the bedroom door. She smiled to herself, the man couldn't go a day without having sex with her at least twice, sometimes three times, and if he couldn't do that, then he would jerk off instead. He didn't think she knew he did it and she often wondered if she would ever be enough for him. She stifled a giggle and was about to open the door and shock him when she heard the second groan, a female one.

She took a step back, the giggle dying in her throat and the smile fading from her lips. Over the past three years, Logan had passed on some of his mutation. Through accidents, quick kisses and the times before she had control, when he said he simply had to touch her beautiful pale skin. It wasn't keen or perfected, but she could still pick up on the basics: a lie, fear and sex.

She could vaguely smell sex. Forget vague; that was definitely sex. He was cheating on her right in there, with some cheap bitch who had no respect for someone else's relationship.

She took a step and was flush with the door. Leaning her head on the cool wood, she felt her world fall apart. She heard the woman sigh and then gasp. She could only picture what he was doing to her. She remembered the things he did to her to make her sigh and gasp. A couple of them only this morning.

She took off her glove and her hand closed around the door knob. Then she quickly took a step back again, putting her hand over her mouth. NO! She would kill him, unceremoniously and without a care.

She. Would. Kill. Him.

She didn't trust herself not to kill him. She put her glove back on just as she heard the couple through the door moan in unison, oblivious to her presence.

Grabbing her keys and handbag, she ran from the room silently. Racing down the halls, she went trough the kitchen and into the large utility room at the back. Grabbing her emergency bag, she carried on to the garage. Every member of the team had one of these bags. In it were some essentials: one spare set of clothes and underwear, cash, a fake passport and papers, and a weapon of choice.

She sent a mental message to the Professor, telling him she was going away. That she was fine and that under no circumstances did she want Logan anywhere near her. He agreed and asked her to contact him in 12 hours to check in. She said she would, but had no intention of doing it.

Entering the garage she ran to her WWII-replica Army Jeep, a gift from Logan. For two pins she would leave it here, but she needed to get out of here now. Starting the engine, she pulled forward and stopped. His Harley was in the way.

She could run it over, but why damage her car because of him? She got out and rolled it back, giving her enough room. His leather jacket was on the seat. She took it off, threw it on the ground and jumped on it several times while shouting.

"BASTARD. BASTARD. BASTARD!"

She could kick the bike over, but that wouldn't do much damage either. She ran over to the utility cupboard and grabbed the pink spray paint she and Kitty had used on the Valentine's posters last month and went back to Logan's bike.

Starting at the tank and moving on to the leather of the seat, she spelt out her feelings in bright, fluorescent, pink paint.

B. A. S. T. A. R. D. She added a big pink exclamation mark for
good measure.

Picking up his jacket, she figured, as she was already being childish, she may as well carry on. She drew a big cock and balls on the back with the spray paint and chucked it back on the bike seat.

She turned around and threw the spray can as hard as she possibly could. It made a satisfying breaking noise as it crashed through the windscreen of his truck.

Jumping back into her car, she took off. The gates were already open when she reached them. She went straight through onto the open road without a backwards glance.

**************
Meanwhile Logan walked into his room, noticing the shopping bags on the sofa he smiled. He peeked into the top of the one with the Victoria's Secret logo, and his smile got wider.

"Baby, you in here?" There was no answer, unless you counted the female voice in his bedroom hollering for more. He edged closer, and the smell hit him.

"Jesus!" He knocked on the door with growing annoyance.

"Pete, get you and that piece of ass you call a girlfriend, out of my bed, NOW!"

There was some swearing behind the door, and he could hear the sounds of two people putting their clothes on in a hurry. Then the door opened. Logan leaned of the door frame and crossed his arms over his chest.

Pete came out, while still shoving his jumper over his head. "Logan, man, I'm sorry. You said the room would be ours all day, `cause Rogue was out, and you were going to spend the day re- programming the danger room."

"I said you could borrow the room, to get a little peace, not get a little piece of her in my bed. MY BED! Now it's gonna smell like you, having sex. That's not a smell I want when I'm in bed with Rogue."

"Look, I'm sorry, we'll leave." He backed up towards the door with the girl behind him. Logan tried to remember her name, Anne or Pam or something like that.

Logan sighed. "Its ok, I probably would have done the same thing. Forget it." The Victoria's Secret bag was making him feel nice.

"I'll buy you some air freshener." Pete chuckled and then shut up when he caught Logan's expression. Logan raised an eyebrow and Pete and the girl left rather quickly.

Looking around the room, he could see her shopping but not her keys, handbag or green cloak. "So where the fuck is she?" At that moment he got a mental page from Chuck to go to his office.

Grumbling he walked down and opened the door roughly. "This had better be good. I was looking for Rogue."

"I know. She left, Logan, about an hour ago. She was extremely upset. Can you shed any light on that?" He looked at Logan with his usual calmness, but Logan could smell the anger on him.

"What do you mean she left?" He was unconsciously clenching and unclenching his hands as the man in the wheelchair talked. His stomach was in a tight knot. He couldn't mean that she *left* left!

"She ran. She took her emergency bag and the Jeep. Gave me instructions that you were not to be anywhere near her. Have the two of you had a problem?"

"Problem? No. She went shopping with the firecracker this morning, and I've been in the danger room all fucking day. I haven't even seen her. What the fuck's going on?"

"I spoke to Jubilee. She said that Rogue was happy when they got back. She was running off to find you, apparently to show you what she had bought today."

Logan thought for a moment. He had seen her bags in the room. But when he got there only Pete and….. Oh, shit! He closed his eyes and smacked himself on the forehead.

"She went upstairs and found Pete and Anna or whatever-her-name-is having sex in our bedroom. She must have thought it was me with someone else."

"Scott said she left you a rather expressive note in the garage." What the hell does that mean?

"We've got to find her. Can you contact her?" If he lost her, he would die. He knew it: he would die.

"Over the last few years, I have been unable to use Cerebro to track either Rogue or you. I have tried telepathically several times since she left, but she is successfully blocking me. We will have to try calling her until she answers."

"I'm going to look for her. Get Scooter to check the security tape to find out which way she went out the gate, then get him to meet me in the garage. At least her Jeep will be easy to find."

He stomped off to the garage to see this `expressive note' she left. How the fuck could she just leave? Why didn't she burst into the room? Then she would have known it wasn't him.

He was on the verge of panic. What if he never found her? What the hell would he do without her? She was the only reason he remembered to breathe, remembered how to be a person, remembered to care!
*****************

She had no idea how long she had been driving in the same direction. An hour, maybe two, all the time ignoring the buzzing and whirring of her cell phone. She just kept her hands on the wheel, only taking them off to wipe the occasional tear that fell silently from her eyes. But they were falling more frequently now.

It was getting increasingly hard to concentrate. Her tears were flowing more freely now, and she was starting to have trouble seeing. She noticed a lay-by and pulled in without signalling. The car behind honked at her but she couldn't give a damn.

Stopping the Jeep next to the cow field, she slumped onto the steering wheel and sobbed. She hit it a couple of times and sobbed harder. She got out and slammed the door, then hit that a couple of times as well, kicking to see if that helped.

How could he do this? She took a couple of shaky steps towards the field, put her hands on her head and screamed. A full-on, gut wrenching, scream. When she finished, she sank to her knees.

The only response she got was a loud, long moo from one of the cows. She started to laugh at it, but her laughter soon turned into tears. She buried her head in her hands and cried into her lap.

How could he throw it all away? She'd always...and he'd never--- she was panting and light-headed and... What had she done to deserve it? She loved him, but could she ever forgive him for this?

There were no voices in her head to help her anymore. She had lost them all over the last few years. Even Logan, it had been so long since she touched him with her skin turned on. She was alone, completely alone.

She had images of him and some busty blonde—scratch that, redhead— fucking like bunnies. Touching some slut with the hands he touched her with. Bringing some dumb bitch to orgasm the same way he had her, over and over.

Tangling his long fingers in her red hair, biting her neck and growling at her in passion. She could see his hand slide up her long leg and grip her tanned hip as he drove into her. Kiss the slut's lips and smile at her. See her hands slid up his back and
then tangle into his dark hair.

She needed to calm down. She knelt forwards and threw up on the grass. Coughing, she sat back up and wiped her mouth on her sleeve. The tears flowing again.

Why? Why now, after everything they had been through? Jean's death, missions, controlling her skin, and everything else. They had survived, and she thought she was enough for him.

Obviously not. She had been stupid, made a mistake trusting him, giving him her soul and her body. She felt like he had slammed his hand into her chest and ripped out her heart then unceremoniously shoved it up her ass.

She had given him everything, her life, her love, her virginity, being with him was a mistake, from the first moment she saw him in that stupid fucking bar. Why couldn't he have just left her there? Left her in the frozen fucking North to die, be raped by truckers, killed by Magneto, who cares? Anything would be better than this—this rape! That's what it was: she was being emotionally raped, and there was nothing she could do to stop it. She would stop it!

In an instant, she sobered up. Calmed down. Fuck! That annoyed her even more, because he taught her to do that. Be calm in any situation. He always said that, even if your best friend was killed right in front of you, you remain calm. He taught her that.

He taught her other things as well. How to disappear, be invisible, to hide, and that's exactly what she was going to do. He said the secret to a good disguise was not to blend in but to stand out. People may remember the quiet little girl with the brown hair, but they will always remember someone who stood out more. The pretty,
black-haired, mouthy woman with a ring through her lip!

She got up and walked back to the jeep. Calming down even more, she grabbed her handbag. Taking out her cell phone she noticed that she had 16 missed calls. She took out her purse and removed her credit card and her debit card and left them on the seat next to her cell phone. She had $1,000 cash. It wouldn't last long, but it would get her away.

She then got her keys out. Removed the miniature Stature of Liberty. It had been another gift from him, a joke, and she had laughed her ass off. She knew what he meant. Even though she nearly died, it was the beginning of their own private connection.

She also took off the Jeep key. Putting the two together, she put the key in the ignition. As an afterthought, she took off her green cloak and shoved it on the back seat.

If someone stole the Jeep, drove a thousand miles in the other direction and used her credit cards all the better. She felt bad for whoever did it; Logan would catch up with them, and quickly. She walked away from the Jeep. She loved it and it pained her to
leave it, but she had too.

She stood by the side of the road and waved at some passing cars. After about ten minutes, a VW camper van with two girls in it stopped.

"Hey, wanna ride?" No, that's why I'm waving people down!!!

"Thanks." She climbed in the back. "Can you take me as far as the
train station?"

"Sure, honey."

She slid the door shut on her Jeep, her life and her love
***************END OF PART ONE