Jean came to see me. Looks like Bobby weren’t the only observer that night. And she was dead on sure that something was going on between Marie and me. Fuck. I’m not suicidal. I’m not pedophile either. I dodged the ball and told her to go and talk to professor. Yeah. I’m turning in to a wuss. Hiding behind crippled old man. Not that I don’t respect Xavier. I have to. When you live under the same roof with the most powerful telepath in the world, certain amount of healthy fear and admiration could be the only thing separating you from an unspeakable fate.

I guess professor read her the riot act. She has been keeping her nose out of my business after their little meeting.

I don’t know. Maybe it would be due time to take a hike. Hell, I have been looking over my shoulder, stayed alert as long as I can remember. Compared to those fucks from the lab I’d much rather keep my eyes peeled for Marie. She probably wouldn’t even come after me. She didn’t come before; when she still thought she was in love with me. Now she has Bobby. She doesn’t even need to come after me for anything. Iceprick will take care of her. Of course have to make sure the punk knows how to treat her properly before I go. Can’t have the kid trailing after me just because Bobby broke up with her and she needs a shoulder to cry on.

What the hell am I thinking? She has friends for that. Jubilee. Kitty. Dozens of other kids of her age.

Still, can’t hurt to rattle Drake around a bit. He has been ogling that Allerdyce again. Jesus. How hard it can be to decide once and for all to which way to swing your tail?

“Bobby.”
“Uh… Hi.”
“Walk with me.”
“Umm… I had something to do…”
“You can do it later. I need to speak with you.”
“Okay…”
“Outside.” Don’t need extra pair of ears for this conversation.

“How’s it going with you and Rogue?”
“What’s it to you?” Stop stalling, asshole.
“Made it my business when I picked her up from the road between Nothing and Bumfuck.”
“Sure hasn’t looked like that lately. Why can’t you just leave her alone? Don’t you think you have harassed her enough?” Try to piss me off? You have to try harder. I’m feeling patient today.
“I’m leaving you all alone soon enough. As soon as you give me solid proof that she’s going to be okay with you.”
“Okay with me? Wolverine, she’s my girlfriend…”
“Why the hell are you drooling at Johnny’s heels then?” Blushing? Fuck.
“I don’t fucking care if you’re gay or not. Personally I prefer soft pussy instead of hole full of shit, but whatever rocks your boat… I’m only asking because of Rogue. Don’t want her sprint after me as soon as I’m gone because you decided it would be so much nicer with Johnny than with her.”
“That’s… That’s disgusting…” Disgusting? You haven’t even seen disgusting.
“Which is it going to be? Eventually you have to choose. I’ll make it easy for you. I’m going to stick around until I get my last paycheck this Friday. You have until Thursday night to decide. Rogue or Pyro.”

There. Good deed of the day done. Should have done that ages ago. First time I saw Drake checking up Allerdyce I blamed my overactive imagination. Second time it was harder. I think my imagination packed its tiny bags and moved out of the country years ago. Sanity followed soon after. But with my senses it’s kind of hard not to notice how Drake’s heartbeat accelerates every time Allerdyce walks in. Sudden spike in pheromones coming from both brats are no poor indicators either.

Fuck. He’s going to leave Marie.

When the hell do I learn?

“Kid?” Crying. That was quick. Didn’t think Drake would have had guts to do it. Looks like I was wrong. Little prick dumped her as soon as I turned my back after our conversation.
“Are you alright?” Moron. Of course she’s not alright. Try harder. And don’t fuck this up now. She’s hurting.
“Marie… I’m sorry.” At least she stopped crying long enough to breathe some. I think it was a good sign. Oh, fuck. No gloves, tiny top and even tinier shorts… Wear some clothes, woman!
“Come on…” I can do this. I can give her a hug.
“No! Don’t!” What the fuck?
“Don’t touch! It’s my skin… It’s… It’s hard to… Control right now…” Crap. What… There. A towel.
“You’re covered. Come on. You look like you could use a hug…” Does she ever. Would have probably cracked my ribs if they weren’t covered with metal.
“Want me to maim Bobby?”
“No… Why?” Uhh… This isn’t about him?
“Why are you crying?”
“I just got a letter from home… Oh, shit. I’m a mess…” No, you’re not. You’re pretty decent looking crier. No runny nose.
“It’s my dad… He… He died. Mom wanted to know if I was coming to the funeral…”
“Are you?”
“I don’t know. Bobby has some classes before summer break, and I don’t really want to go alone.”
“I’ll go with you.” And where the fuck did that come? I have to fucking stitch my mouth shut!
“Would you? It’s this Sunday. The funeral.”
“I’ll come with you if you really want to go.” Shut up, idiot! How fucking retarded I really am?
“It’ll take few days to get there. Can’t fly commercial.”
“Why… Oh. Metal detectors at the airport.” Smart chick.
“Are you sure? You don’t have to…”
“I’ll come with you. You shouldn’t go there alone.” You shouldn’t go there at all. FOH, KKK, ring a bell?
“When… Can we leave tomorrow? I would like to spend few days with mom before the ceremony. To see if she, if they understood why I had to run.”
“Of course.”