What the crap is that noise? Like a freaking ventilator… Can’t move. Can’t say I want to…
“Logan? Are you awake?” Marie? Yeah, I’m wide-awake kid. Can’t open my eyes. Can’t talk, there’s something in my throat… Tastes like plastic…
“You’re going to be all right. It was a close call, but you’re going to be all right. I talked with professor. He agreed that it would be for the best if we stopped and let things settle down on their own.” Huh? Jean and prof? I must be in med lab.
“I… I know you’re still angry with me. It’s okay… I guess I would be, too. I… Professor arranged me an apartment from the city. That way we can work around this thing. You don’t have to see me anymore if you don’t want. I move out, and if I’m coming to visit for some reason, I’ll call to professor first. He’ll tell you, and it’s up to you if you stay or leave. That okay?” Okay? Fuck no!

Come on. I can do this. Just open those fucking eyes first… Oww… Bright light, bright light!
“Hi. How do you feel?” Feel like shit. Probably feel better as soon as I can get all this junk off from me… Fucking Jean… I’m not some freaking pincushion…
“Here, let me help you with that…” So it was a ventilator? Oh, shit… Not going to gag… Not going to gag…
“What the hell happened to me?” Because it looks like I have gone ten rounds against a fucking meat grinder. There are more bandages and stitches than actual skin visible.
“You’d better talk about that with professor. If you’re all right now, I’ll go…” Like hell you are. This shit isn’t funny.
“Logan, please… Let go of me…”
“Scared of me?”
“No…” And that’s a fucking lie. She practically wet her pants as soon as I grabbed her wrist.
“Don’t fucking lie to me.”

Of course there’s no specific reason to crowd her like this, but it’s kind of nice to turn tables. Scent of her fear is almost enough to drown me. And Jesus Christ it smells so fucking sweet. All it took was one good squeeze around her throat.
“Logan… Don’t do this. Just let me go, okay…”
“Give me a reason.”
“I don’t want you to get hurt anymore… Please, let me go, before professor finds out…”
“What the hell are you talking about?”
“What do you remember before waking up now?” Start talking some sense, kid, before this urge to beat it out of you grows too hard to resist…
“What do I remember? We were in the kitchen. I told you to go to bed. Then I… I…” And fuck if there isn’t yet another chunk of my memory missing!

“How long?”
“What do you mean, Log…”
“How long was I out? How long has he been messing with my head? How long, Marie!” Uh… Backing off now. Her skin is on. I can smell the change in her scent. Okay. Just cool down, asshole. Shouting at her won’t do any good.

“A day. They… We thought it would be for the best if professor took a look in to your head. He was just going to see what was going on. Why you tried to strangle me. When he found out why, he was convinced that he could help you. Help us all. We put you in to Danger Room, and professor created a scenario… I think he tried to make you see that I wasn’t a threat to you. Something went wrong. I know it did. Professor doesn’t see it that way. He would like to continue the therapy as soon as possible, but I managed to talk him out of it.”
“A scenario? Why the fuck I remember exactly nothing about it?” Help me out here, kid.
“Umm… I don’t know. I’m guessing it’s because of that something that went wrong…” Wrong? Something went wrong? It sure did. Like fucking with my mind for the first place.
“What went wrong?” I was already screwed enough. I don’t fucking need people poking my head just because they think they’re helping me. Took fucking years to get my act together from the last time!
“I don’t know. But suddenly there were two of you. And the other you attacked you. Tried to get to me…” Well, that explains my condition. Must have been the holo Scott re-programmed about a month ago. But that doesn’t explain this.

“You’re scared. Why don’t you scream?” I would sure as hell been screaming my lungs out if she had cornered me like I did to her. Like I’m doing to her right now. She can’t run. She can’t duck. She can only stare at me.
“I don’t want professor to know about this. Just let me go and everything will be all right. I’ll move out, you can relax and everything’s okay…” In what fucking world are you living in? It’s not all right!
“Nothing will make okay the fact that Xavier tampered with my memory. Nothing will make it okay that you drained me. And if you think it’s okay to move out just because I’m paranoid and messed up… Think again.” How the fuck am I supposed to keep an eye on her if she moves out?
“But…”
“I need to know where you are. Back in the kitchen… Fuck… I was out of line. I’m sorry. But I need to know where you are. I’m… I… I know I’m not right in the head. I’m fucking scared of you, okay? Stay where I can see you. Don’t come close, but let me see you. Is that okay?” How low can I go?

What is she… Don’t. Don’t come any closer. Stop…
“Let me give you a hug. Please. I’ll… I turned off my skin. Let me give you a hug.” I just fucking told you! I don’t want you to… Oh, God… Let me go! Let me go!
“Kid?”
“Yeah?”
“Let go. Now.” I’m liable to claw you if you don’t let me go right now.
“Okay…”
“Just… Stay. Can you do that?”