On the other hand, I’m beat. Feels like there’s a ton of sand under my eyelids. And that bed looks comfortable. Awfully comfortable. And I can lock that door from the inside. I will wake up soon enough if anything tries to get in. She’s good at sneaking around, but I’m the best there is.

Oh, Christ… How can something feel this good? It’s fucking better than sex. Just flat on my stomach, eyes closed. Feels like everything’s spinning and floating, but not in a bad way… I feel fucking weightless… Good God… Not a bad idea this sleeping… Not bad at all… If I just could get that nasty crick from my lower back to loosen up, everything would be just peachy… Marie… Just that thin wall between us. Have to be careful. She doesn’t remember… Remember her skin… This is so fucking good…

And what the hell was that?

Does she have a cat? Or a dog? Wouldn’t I have smelt it when I came in?

What the fuck is that noise? Like something’s scratching the door… Wonder if that is that noise she talked about earlier. Could of course go and check it out. Should go.

What the fuck am I doing? Laying here while God knows what crawls around in her apartment?

Nothing behind the door. But there are marks on the paneling. Somebody scratched it alright. Three gauges? There’s no animal with three fingers. Those look almost like… Like I did those? What the fuck is this shit?

“Logan?”
“Yeah?” Good. She’s awake.
“Did you hear it?”
“Yes. There’s somebody in here.” But where the fuck our visitor is hiding? It’s not like this place is spacious or anything. Two bedrooms, kitchen and a small living room.
“I heard window opening in the kitchen just few moments ago.” And why didn’t I hear that? I’m the one with super senses, after all.
“Kitchen?” I don’t want to go there. There’s nothing important in there.
“Yes… Did you hear that?”

Why the fuck she has to be so clingy? One murmur from dark kitchen and she’s trying to crawl up to my bones! Let go! I don’t like people pawing at me!
“Don’t touch. I don’t like people touching me.”
“Sorry… I’m just so scared…” Fuck. So am I, but do you see me hiding behind your skirt? Clinging to your arm? Back off!
“What is it?” Don’t know, but from the sound of it something big. A bear? And how the fuck would a bear get up here, Einstein?
“I don’t know. Is the only light switch inside the kitchen?” I can’t see. I can’t smell. I can only hear something moving around, growling and murmuring. Has to be some kind of animal. Human would have attacked us already instead of waiting patiently until we form a plan to attack and put it in action.
“Yes. Be careful… Logan, be careful…” Stop whining.
“I’m always careful, kid. Don’t worry.” What ever there is, it can’t be worse than me…

Fuck me! It’s me!

“Logan! No! Professor, you have to stop this!” Professor? Shit… Scenario… Breathe, have to… Breathe… Oh, shit… Just a hologram…

“I’m afraid we’ll just have to let him run through this course.” Fucking Xavier, I’ll gut you for this. If there’s anything left of me after this… Scott enhanced my replica month ago. Heals just like I do… Jesus those claws hurt when they go in…
“Professor! Stop this!” Shit. Marie. She’s coming in…
“Get out, kid! Get out!” Scott programmed my holo just few weeks after Liberty. I was seriously pissed at her back then.
“Marie, get the fuck out of here!” It’s going after her, have to stop it, have to stop it! What the fuck was my password…
“Laughlin! Computer, code Laughlin! End scenario!”

That was close. Looks like she’s all right. Jesus… That fucker tore me up pretty bad.
“Kid? Are you alrig…”



“Hello, there. What can I get you?” Marie? I’ll fucking strangle her. Have been busting my ass off, tearing half of country to bits trying to find her, and she has the nerve to ask what she can get for me?
“Coffee. Black.” And an explanation. What the fuck have you been up to?
“One coffee coming. Anything else?” Yeah. Bend over, kid. There’s good spanking coming to your way.
“Marie?”
“Yes? That’s my name. Says right here on the nametag. Now that we have established your ability to read, will there be anything else? I’ve got other customers to serve.” What the fuck is she playing at?
“What’s going on?” And start explaining. Fast. And don’t look at me like that. You never look at me like that. Like you don’t know me… She doesn’t know me?
“What do you mean?”
“Nothing. Nothing… Just tired. Drove all night…”
“You a trucker?”
“Nope. Just looking for something…” Christ, this feels somehow familiar. Deja vu.
“Well, I hope you find it, what ever it is that you’re looking for.” And sailing off, that pretty little ass swaying. Dishrag on one hand, pot of coffee on the other. That dress… Has she something similar back in home? And those shoes… Like I have seen those on her some time before. Marie I know wouldn’t get caught in those puppies. No heels. Plain, white leather sandals. Sensible. Good for feet. This all feels so familiar. Like I have done this before…

I must be more tired than I thought. Better head back to motel. I can snoop around more tomorrow.