“How did it go?” Jean.
“Buried her dad and stranded her mother to a no-star motel in the middle of nowhere.” And what the fuck is it with that giggling?
“Love your sense of humor. But really, how’s Rogue holding up?”
“I guess she’s just fine. Little shaken from Bobby dumping her, but…”
“Yes, I heard about it. I think it’s great that you were there with her.” What’s so fucking great about it?
“Yeah, whatever. Xavier in his office?” Sooner I get things settled with him, sooner I get to leave.
“No. He’s going through some old recordings in the Danger Room. Actually he asked you to join him down there. Something about some scenario you have programmed.”
“Okay.” Can do that.

“Logan! Wait!”
“Sorry, kid. I’m in a hurry.” Ahh… Door closing. One good thing about elevators. Few seconds complete privacy. Complete silence. Except for that little thud when Marie hit against the door. Shouldn’t laugh. I really shouldn’t. I’m the responsible adult and all. Jesus. I hope she didn’t hit her face too hard. Nosebleed’s a bitch to stem.

“Professor.”
“Logan. I trust everything went well?”
“As well as expected. Car’s in the garage. Here’s the card.”
“Thank you. Now, about this scenario…”

How the hell did I ever manage to create that fucking mess? Three hours. Took freaking three hours to clear it up. And I do know my way around computers. Well, it’s sorted out now. Time to head back on the road. I’ll just grab my stuff and… What’s that commotion? Somebody sick or something?

“Clear!”
“Push in some adrenalin!”
“We’re losing him!”
“No! He’s not going to die! He can’t die!”
“Somebody, take her out! Rogue, you have to wait outside!”

Rogue? What the hell is going on? There’s Jean and Ororo, Scott’s in there, fuck, they’re all standing so close to each other that I can’t see…
“Kid? Marie? What’s going on?”
“Oh, God… It’s my fault… He’s going to die and it’s my fault…”
“Who’s going to die?” This is fucking unbelievable. We have been back less than a day, and she has gotten herself in to trouble?
“Is he going to be okay?”
“I don’t know, child. But you must wait outside.” Ororo. Looking straight through me. Like she doesn’t even see me.
“Storm, what’s going on?”
“I have no time to discuss right now. Just wait outside, please.” Okay.
“Come on, kid. They need their space.”

“Don’t die. Please, don’t die. Don’t die. You have to stay with me...“ Something happened to Bobby?
“Jean’s doing her best. I’m sure everything will be okay.” What the hell did she do? Must be Bobby, she wouldn’t be this agitated otherwise. They fought?
“I don’t want him to die… Not now…”
“I’m sure he will be alright.” That guy she kissed when she manifested ended up in a coma for three weeks, but he woke up. Maybe she tried to make things up with Drake?
“You can’t leave me now… I… I love you… I never wanted to hurt you…” Yup. Definitely Drake. Where the hell is Allerdyce, then? If they’re oh so much in love, why the hell isn’t he down here?

“Rogue?” Scott.
“How is he?”
“He’s stable right now. It looks like the worst is over. But you should go to sleep. You have had a long day.”
“Can I… Can I see him?”
“Of course. Jean’s still cleaning him up a bit, but you can go in if you feel you’re up to it.”
“I want to see him.”
“Just… He’s in bad shape. Are you sure you’re up to it? Maybe you should wait until tomorrow?”
“I… Is he awake?”
“No. Jean thinks it might take a while before he wakes up. Go to sleep, okay? You can come to see him tomorrow.”
“Come on, kid. I’ll walk you to your room.” Was heading that direction anyway. My room’s next to hers.
“Okay…”

“I just want him to be okay…”
“He will be, kid.” Probably. And most likely hates you for the rest of your life. I wouldn’t keep my hopes up if I were you.
“Why the hell did he do it? He knew what would happen if he touched me!”
“Calm down. Won’t do any good to anybody if you beat up this elevator. Has done nothing to you.”
“This is so fucking unfair… He’ll hate me…” You bet he will. But hey, look on the bright side. At least you got him in your head for good.
“Probably. But why does it even matter?” He’s gay, for Christ’s sakes. It’s not like he would have been jumping in to sack with you anyway.
“I love him.”
“Tough luck, kid. Well, have a nice life. Don’t call to me if you end up kneed deep in shit.”

Okay. Everything packed and ready to go. Should I swipe Scott’s bike? Just for old time’s sake. Nah. Better leave it. Boy Wonder probably has it rigged. Don’t want them to track me down. Drawers empty. Closet? Empty. Bathroom? Empty. Good to go.

Who’s that? Bobby? Wasn’t he at the med lab just few moments ago? What’s he doing at Marie’s door?
“Hi. I heard what happened. Do you want to talk about it?” Yeah. Now he’s all goody-goody. What? Allerdyce not giving you everything you want?
“No. Not really. I’m just tired. I think I’ll go to sleep for a while before I go to see him.”
“Okay. I’ll be… I’ll be in my room. You can come and get me if you need to talk about anything or…”
“Thanks, Bobby. I’ll remember that.”

Who the fuck is in the med lab? I thought it was Drake. She said she loves him. And she wasn’t talking about that platonic love-crap either. I could tell it from her scent. Has she keeping somebody on the side while she was with Bobby? Never pegged her the type.

It’s so quiet down here. They’re all gone. There’s just one light on. Can smell blood from here. Two beds. Curtains closed on around both of them. Do I really even want to know? Because this is starting to feel like… I have a bad feeling about this. What the hell has she done?
“Logan…”
“Marie.” Wasn’t she going to sleep?
“Oh, God. Logan…” Walking straight past me. Opening the curtain from the first bed.
“I’m so sorry. I didn’t mean to… Please. Don’t die…”

Fuck. It’s me.

“Xavier!”