She’s driving. Has been driving for the past couple of hours. I’m not good enough to take the wheel. Lost too much blood. Can’t see properly. All my fucking senses are shot to hell.
“Kid?”
“What?” Tense. She’ll snap soon. Can’t blame her. But I’d prefer that snapping happening when she’s doing less than 120 kilometers in an hour.
“Pull over.”
“Pull over? Are you nuts?”
“Not right now. Pull over.”
“Logan…”
“Pull over, Rogue. That’s an order.”
“Rogue?” Oh, fuck. I’m in no condition for this shit.
“Mrs. D’Ancanto, I’d appreciate if you kept silent. I need to talk with your daughter.” Yeah. Had to take mommy dearest with us. Bitch refused to let Marie go alone, oh, she-would-never-part-from-her-daughter-again! Fuck. She’s in for a surprise. As soon as my body cooperates with my brain again I’m tossing her out.

“They’re not following us anymore. Let it out. Cry. Scream. Beat me up. Beat up your mom. Let it out now, because you’re not driving again before you’re okay.”
“Mr. Logan!” There’s one person too many in this vehicle.
“Mrs. D’Ancanto. Shut up. I need to get your daughter back in order.”
“Mr. Logan, I do not appreciate your tone…”
“Mrs. D’A… Marge. I have one rule. I don’t hit women. Ever. Don’t make me break that rule.” Okay. That’s a lie. I do hit women. I do hit kids. I do hit men. But never, ever without a good reason.

At least that shut her up. For now. I know that look she shot at me. As soon as she gets her courage back she’ll try to take off my head. Go ahead, mom. I dare you. Your daughter has tried twice already, and I’m still alive and kicking…

“Marie? Come on, kid. Talk to me.” At least breathe for fuck’s sakes. You’re turning blue from funny places if you don’t start soon… There. A sniffle.
“They… They tried to kill us…” Get used to it, kid. Get used to it real quick.
“Yeah. They did. But you know I wouldn’t have let anything happen to you, right?” Stop ogling, bitch. This is none of your business. In fact…
“Mrs. D’Ancanto? Would you mind stepping out for a moment?” She’d mind, that much is clear. But she’s getting out. Good.
“They hurt you…”
“I’ll heal. I’m better already. You okay?”
“No.”
“Good enough shape to drive and not get us all killed?”
“Yes.”
“Okay. Step on it. We’re ditching your mom right now.”
“Logan!”
“What? She has her cell phone with her. We can’t take her to N.Y. with us. You know that. There’s no room for norms in Xavier’s mutie haven.”
“I can’t just leave her to the side of the road. She’s my mother!”
“Okay… Lets have it your way, then…” Fuck.

“Mr. Logan…” Oh, shut the fuck up!
“I couldn’t help noticing… From where did all that blood came from?” Well, where the fuck do you think it came?
“From me.”
“Are you injured?” Who the hell uses that kind of language?
“Got stabbed through the gut earlier.”
“Oh, we have to get you to a hospital!” Jesus.
“I don’t need medical attention. It’s healed already.”
“You’re… Are you a mutant, too?” No. I’m Santa Claus.
“Yes. I heal.” And have enhanced senses, which are thankfully clogged up right now. That perfume of hers would gag a maggot. Speaking of clogged up…
“Kid, pull over.”
“It’s okay. I can drive. I’m better already…”
“I need to throw up. Pull over or mop the floor afterwards.”

This is why I fucking hate gut wounds. All that blood, with nowhere to go. Just pools inside.
“Are you sure he shouldn’t go to a hospital?”
“I’m sure, mom. Don’t worry.”
“Don’t worry? Don’t worry? You show up, reeking alcohol, and this man… This man that’s supposed to be your guardian…”
“Mom, don’t. Don’t start. I’m tired. Logan’s tired. Can we just please not talk about this right now?”
“You shouldn’t even be driving…”
“Mom, it’s not like I’m drunk or anything. I didn’t even drink anything. My drink got spilled on me when those men grabbed me.”
“And what were you doing in that place? I thought you were sleeping. Are you sure this Logan-guy is someone you can trust?”
“Mom! He can hear us!”
“ I don’t care if he can hear this. You’re my daughter. I have every right to question his motives…”
“Can we just not talk about this, mom? Please.”

Fuck. This is almost as entertaining as her banters with Bobby.

“We will talk about this, young lady. You disappear for two years, then suddenly I find out you’re alive and well, living in New York. In a school for mutants. In a very expensive school.”
“Mom, it’s all taken care of.”
“I’m sure it is. And how, may I ask?”
“I have a scholarship. And I have agreed with professor Xavier, that I’ll stay there after my studies are over and help with other children.”
“And what about your boyfriend? The one I haven’t heard a peep from you?”
“Uh… Bobby? He’s… He’s not my boyfriend. He’s gay.”
“Funny. That’s not what I heard about…”
“Mom!”
“And what about this guardian of yours?”
“Professor Xavier?”
“No. Mr. Logan. He really isn’t the head of security, is he?”
“He’s not my guardian. He’s… He’s my friend. He came with me because I didn’t want to come alone.”
“Really? How nice of him. How well do you know him?”
“I have known him nearly two years now. I know him probably better than he knows himself. He’s a good man. He’s saved my life three times. It was him who first picked me up when I was running. Gave me ride. Gave me food.”
“And all that just out of goodness of his heart?”

That conversation is heading to not so pleasant area. What the hell is it with people? I better get back in there.

“Mom!”
“Ladies. Ready to switch the driver? Kid, scoot over. I’m taking the wheel.” Oh, and something else we have completely forgotten…
“Buckle up.”
“What?” Stop looking at me like that. I’m supposed to be the responsible adult here.
“Buckle your seatbelt.” Yeah. That goes for you, too, she-devil.