“Hello, in there.” He waves his hand in front of my face.

Coming back to reality with a wild blush, I giggle and hide my face behind my hands.

“Guess that all came rushing back then. Sorry.” I look at him and touch his mutton chop.

He takes off one glove and gives it to me. We have one each to do a little touching.

“Sorry? You gave me wild sex and my need for you to be alive, and you’re saying sorry? You’re amazing.”

“No, I’m not, just a regular person.” I laugh at him a little.

“Just a regular mutant-type person, I know. Apart from the fact that you come from the planet gggrrrrrr.” He chuckles at me while rubbing my back.

“After the last three months I understand you a bit more” I frown and he carries on. “I mean, why you cover up, don’t go certain places that kind of thing. Guess I understand myself a bit more to.” He smiles at me and relaxes completely for the first time. “We should be getting out of here soon.” He is rubbing small circles as he talks.

“Maybe I don’t want to get out of here anytime soon? Maybe I want to stay here for a while.” I nervously bite my lip, wonder what he’ll say to that. We’re together and in love and have been for two years, and it’s finally starting to hit me. There’s a lot in-between and some stuff I don’t remember yet, but we really belong to each other.

“Marie.” He raises his eyebrows at me.

“That’s another thing. I can’t remember telling everyone my name. Is that a recent thing?”

“Yeah. You said you wanted to go back to being you, not a codename or a cover-up. On missions you’re Rogue, and at home you’re my Marie.”

“This is all a little weird. I wake up, and you’re with me. I mean, really with me, heart and soul and everything. And it’s new because of the memory thing. I can’t even remember you. This is the most you’ve ever even talked to me, and I’m having flashbacks of us having sex. Like I said, it’s weird.”

“Can I kiss you?” His eyes are soft, sparkling balls of hazel, and they are so beautiful, I nod. How could any woman in her right mind refuse this man anything?

Reaching inside his jacket he pulls out a scarf. It’s the same one from my flashback. I recognise it but can’t remember the last time I saw it.

“Where did you get that?”

“You don’t know?” I shake my head and rub his chest with my one, gloved hand. “It was the one you had on at Liberty Island. I woke up in the med lab with it in my hand. Jean never saw it, or she never said anything, anyway.”

He holds it up between us, and I lean forward and trap it between our lips. Kissing him feels like eating chocolate cookies and ice cream at midnight. Warm and fuzzy, happy and safe, but there’s still the tingle of danger lurking under the surface.

I feel his left hand snake up under my top and gently squeeze my breast, then roll my nipple between his fingers. He stands up, brings me to my feet and unzips my jeans.

We are kissing feverishly while he pushes my jeans to the floor. Then he lifts me and sits me on the handrail. I reached down to unbutton his jeans, and his cock was already starting to harden responsively. I squeezed and rolled it with my gloved hand, and he groaned gently and leaned his head against the wall beside my neck.

Kissing me and then breaking our heated and needy kiss, he reaches behind him. He gets his wallet from his jeans, taking out a condom. All the while I’m still moving my hand gently up and down his length.

He stops me and rolls the condom on. We haven’t said a word, and we don’t need to. I’m finally getting that this is all real, and we really are together. He grasps his cock with his other hand and rubs it tenderly around my clit through my panties.

Pulling them to one side, he sinks into me. I half-expect it to hurt, but then remember we have done this before. I squeeze my thighs around his waist, and my insides tighten, and he groans loudly.

He grabs my gloved hand, yanking the glove off and putting it on his bare hand. He grabs my bottom, pulling me towards him as he thrusts into me. If I bend my head down slightly, I can see his cock emerge from underneath my fuzz of hair, glossed with my own juices. The action makes little sucking sounds which fill my ears and echoes off the walls of the elevator.

He leans into my ear and whispers softly “You remember me now?” Then the waves of heat begin to spread over my body.

“Logan, uuhh GAWD!” We gather intensity, thrusting in unison, his hips and mine to meet him. Then in those few seconds of silence before climax, I look at him, realising he truly loves me. Then it undulates through my body, making my back arch like a cat’s and my mind explode into a million images.

“MARIE! Luv ya baby.”

We slide to the floor in a heap, panting into each other’s neck. I rest my head back against the wall to look at him. Blazing eyes, heavy frame, the way his mouth curves in clean lines when he smiles, and the strong scent of sex. At some point during all that, I got a quick draw off of him and can smell everything.

“I remember you and everything else. Maybe we should tell Hank the cure for short-term memory loss is to spend two hours trapped in an elevator with you.” He helps me to my feet and does up his jeans.

“Everything?”

Yes, everything. Catching Hank and Jubes having wild, furry sex in the lab. Laughing with Kitty while we tried on the hideous bridesmaid dresses Jubes made us wear to their wedding last year. Remy arriving and causing havoc among the entire female population, and then Logan laughing evilly when I broke his jaw ‘cause he cheated on Kitty. Kitty and Bobby finally realising they liked each other, along with Scott and ‘Ro. The best one is waking up everyday, wrapped in a pair of strong, muscled arms.

And two days ago, throwing Logan through a set of double doors, slicing three slashes across his upper back, smashing the back of his skull against the floor, breaking his ribs, and then trying to slit his throat while he tried desperately to calm me. He never once laid a finger on me; he never even defended himself, if it meant he might hurt me. If he hadn’t had the tranq gun hidden in his jacket, I would have killed him.

“Yeah, you lied, again. I didn’t just go nuts two days ago; I tried to kill you and very nearly did. I’m so sorry.” Pulling me to him, I bury my face in his chest.

“Like I said, it wasn’t you, and it wasn’t your fault. I want you to forget about all this.” He tips my face up to his and kisses me quickly before the killer skin has time to react.

I pull my jeans on and put my old scarf round my neck. “Can you imagine Scott’s face if he caught us a minute ago?”

“Probably give him a stroke.” Giggling I smack him on the arm.

“He’s not that bad since he started seeing ‘Ro.” I really do remember everything. I have a wonderful life. A bit dangerous every now and then, but we’ve just proved it all works out if we have each other.

“Trust me. I bet he was a pain in the ass when he was a kid, but now he’s blossomed into a three-fingered prostate exam!”

I lean against the elevator wall to steady me, as I laugh my ass off. The lights suddenly flicker back on, and the elevator starts to travel up again.

I love this man!

END