I’m lying on the floor. How did I get down here? I can hear someone moving.

“Marie? Marie, talk to me.” I wave my hand at him, but I can’t seem to open my eyes. His hands close round my shoulders, and he helps me to a sitting position.

“Well, now I know why you were unconscious for days after. Jesus!” I open my eyes and look at him. His skin is a better colour. Raising my hands to lift his vest, I see his ribs are healed up completely.

“I can smell you!” He cheers excitedly, kneeling in front of me. I look at the floor trying to regain my focus.

“Your mother must be very proud.” His hands grab my face, and he turns me to look at him.

“No Marie, I CAN SMELL YOU! Feel you, hear you, everything. I can do everything! You can’t smell me right?” He raises his eyebrows and I smile suddenly realising. He lets go of me briefly, lets his claws out and then back in again. With a satisfied grin he watches his hand heel over in an instant. Then his hands are back on my face.

“Relax your stating to sound like a tampon commercial.” His hands are in my hair before I can register and he kisses me. The pull starts and he’s in my head laughing and happy, and he truly does love me. I feel suddenly like a million dollars. But just as I get something about Jean, he pulls away. “Ok?”

“Yeah, I’m ok, darlin’.”

“So I nearly got something about Jean then. Care to share?” Because I need to know. I can’t remember, and I really need to know. Maybe he did fuck her. Actually, maybe I don’t want to know. He pulls me onto his lap again. His back is against the wall.

“It’s not what you think.” Yeah, right!

“Sugar, you have no idea what I think!” He doesn’t; he thinks I’m such a nice little girl. Yeah, right. When it comes to Jean, I’m never nice.

“Ok, so tell me. What do you think the thing is about Jean?”

“That you want to start a small country in her name so you can put her on a postage stamp and lick the back of her head.” His brows knit together in the universal sign for confused.

“Huh? You think I wanted to lick the back of her head?”

“Well, you certainly want to lick something. Not necessarily the back of her head, but I’m guessing licking is gonna be involved.”

“Marie….” He has a stupid, big, grin plastered on his face.

“Look, I saw how she was with you after the statue, and then when you came back from your trip, she was all big smiles and batting eyelashes. Flicking her hair at you. Which, by the way, has to come out of a bottle. No one has hair that colour naturally, for God’s sake. I mean…mmmmpppphhhh!”

He puts his hand over my mouth and holds me still. “You realise you just remembered something else, don’t you?” He keeps his hand still, but when I nod, he lets go.

“It came back. I remember you coming home. Bobby trying to impress you with a cold handshake. Oh God, the attack on the mansion. The four of us only just got away. Bobby’s parents house—that’s a hum-dinger of a memory, that is. Right up there with watching you make a pass at Jean from the inside of my tent.”

Both his eyebrows go straight up. “You saw that? Why didn’t you ever say anything?” He rubs my back with his hands, and it makes me feel really warm.

“It was none of my business, and considering she turned ya down, I didn’t think you’d wanna hear about it.” I smack my forehead with the palm of my hand. “Ugh, Jesus. That’s why you and that Hank guy looked so worried. She’s dead. Logan, I’m so sorry!” What a relief. That’s awful, I’m actually glad she’s dead rather than fucking Logan. Now I feel guilty.

“It’s ok. We all dealt with it. It was a long time ago now. I never really wanted her anyway. It was more of a distraction from you than anything else.” His hand is back to tracing my lip, and his eyes are fixed on mine.

“A distraction? You’re the one who’s so good at distracting a girl.”

“Had a lot a practice, darlin’. How far up you remember?” His voice is quiet and soft and really, really loaded with sexuality. I don’t have to have his senses to know what he wants.

“After Alkali Lake, I remember graduation. You took me for pizza after and got me drunk ‘cause I broke up with Bobby. I slept in your bed and woke up with you wrapped around me. Scott went nuts when he came in to ask you why his bike had no gas in it. The next day, you bought me a beat-up, old jeep and taught me to drive.”

His hand is tracing small circles on my back, while the other one trails down my throat and plays with my vest strap. “I remember the whole year, mucking around with you and Jubes, baiting Scott. YOU actually really like her. Teaching me to fight, and the Professor offering me a place on the team.”

“Do you remember ignoring me when I said no?”

“Yep, and I remember pointing out that it was my choice, and if you didn’t like it, you knew where you could shove it!”

“You never listen to me, darlin’.” He is still playing with my vest strap and rubbing my back.

“Tell me about us?” My hands are on his chest, rubbing gently. I can’t help myself; I love the feel of him.

“What do you wanna know, baby?” I swear his eyes just dilated.

“The first time….” I blush, “we, you know, made love.” I can’t keep his gaze so I watch my hands on his chest.

“Er, can I tell you about the second time instead?” My head goes up, and I look at his expression. It’s like a guilty child who was just caught stealing sweets.

“Why? What happened the first time? What did you do?”

“I kinda took advantage of you. I’m not proud of it, but I couldn’t help myself.”

“Tell me. Now!” I fold my arms in front of my chest. And glare at him. I bet he didn’t take advantage; he just thinks he did.

“It was a bad mission, pick-up gone wrong. The teenager we went to get got killed by the brotherhood. You had hold of him at the time. They couldn’t have him, so they shot him. Missed you by inches.” He looks down, picks up my hand and kisses the palm; he closes his eyes and holds it to him for a second.

He begins to demonstrate as he talks. He puts his hand on my throat and traces to my breast.

“We got back on the blackbird and you were in tears.…..”

With his hand on my breast, a dark look in his eyes, I segue into the memory.

~~~~FLASHBACK~~~~

I’m sitting on the jet with Logan next to me, crying my eyes out and holding onto him for dear life.

“He… was just… a kid.” He holds me tighter.

“I know, darlin’.” We land, and he picks me up.

“Logan, take her to the med lab, and we’ll check her for shock.” Scott’s voice. My face is buried in Logan’s shoulder while I sob. I can hear ‘Ro crying too, and Bobby trying to comfort her.

“She comes with me, Scooter. Leave her for a while.”

“Logan…” Scott shouts after him.

“Let him go, Scott. He’s the only one she’ll listen to, anyway.” That’s a bitter tone from Bobby.

He lays us on his bed and pulls me close to him. After a little while of sobbing, I start to calm down. Wiping my face, I move back to look at him.

“Red eyes and puffy cheeks must look really sexy, huh?” He reaches past me and takes one of my thin, silk scarves out from under his pillow. How long has he had that?

Laying it over my lips, he leans in and kisses me gently at first, but it turns rougher when I let his tongue into my mouth. His hand takes the band out of my hair, and he holds me to him.

“I need to feel you alive, Marie. I nearly lost you today. I need to feel you NOW!”

He kisses me roughly again and moves so he’s on top of me, while his hands start to tear at my uniform. He breaks the zip open on my top and starts to peel it off me. I lean up and let him. He breaks the kiss long enough to get my top off, and he growls at the bruises on my ribs.

“Next time I see that Juggernaut bastard, I’m gonna rip him apart.” I pull his head down for another kiss, and I’m kissing him with matching roughness. I never realised how much I truly wanted him. A crush, my ass!!

I start to unzip his top, but he stops me with his hands. I touch him through the leather, and the muscles in his perfect shoulders and torso ripple slightly.

He moves back and sits on his heels. I see the want and sadness in his eyes, and I think I’m still crying. I’m just a big ball of emotion. He undoes my leather pants and starts to peel them off. I’m covered in sweat, and they slip off easily. Pulling my boots and socks off, they all get thrown on top of the growing pile of clothes on the floor.

He’s back to attacking my mouth, and he moves down to my throat, as far as the scarf will let him. With shaking hands, I brush down his body and start on the button of his pants. He growls into my shoulder when I undo the first button. I stop, not sure how to proceed, and put my hands in his hair.

He lets out one claw, and in seconds, my bra is in shreds. Repositioning the scarf, he takes my nipple in his mouth and sucks on it gently. Then he licks and nips his way over to the other breast. Groping and kissing, nipping and sucking, till I’m moaning for more and arching my back.

He raises himself off me slightly and puts a hand on either side of my hips, inside my panties. A quick flick, and the claws have disposed of them with ease. I jump when I hear the metal snikt back into place, but it doesn’t stop us from kissing.

I’m completely naked and pressed against his hard, muscled, leather-encased body, kissing the man I’ve been in love with for years.

I reach for his buttons again and get them completely undone, releasing his engorged cock. He breaks our heated kiss and reaches for his nightstand, opening the drawer, he pulls out a foil packet.

Holding it near my face, he looks me in the eye. “I need to feel you alive.” I nod, and he leans back again, opening the packet and putting the condom on. He runs his gloved hands up my thighs, and I shiver at the touch.

He positions himself between my legs and kisses me again, letting his tongue in as he pushes his cock into me. It hurts like fuck, but I make sure I show no sign of pain, and he keeps going. After a few gentle strokes, it starts to feel like my insides are folding in on themselves in an attempt to hold onto him. It’s heaven.

He has one hand on my hip and the other in my hair, both gripping equally hard. I raise my legs around him, and he gets faster and harder. Hammering into me, growling into my mouth, I feel the light start to fade. I break the kiss, tip my head and scream his name. I love the feeling the leather of his uniform glide against my sweat-ridden, glistening skin. The contrast of the black against the almost-white of my skin causes me to come with amazing force.

“LOGAN!”

“GRRRRrrrrr…..” He explodes into me and lays there, panting into my neck.

~~~~FLASHACK END~~~~

*************END OF PART THREE