Author's Chapter Notes:
Dedication: to my frister
Xavier's School for 'Gifted Youngsters' was always a place of life, laughter and unspeakable energy - tonight was no exception. The great hall was filled to capacity. Every member of the student body crammed inside the large room, raving. Music thumped a steady rhythm making it impossible for all in attendance to resist the urge to dance. Everyone save one.

The sound of crickets and young people laughing filled the cool, evening air. Rogue had found a comfortable spot on the school's sloping roof. Her eyes keeping vigil on the slowly rising moon, just below it fireflies danced like fairies though the trees. Even at this altitude she could feel the vibrations from the first floor. Her gloved hand splayed against the tiles feeling the fast tempo of the currently playing song. It was as if the stately structure had a heartbeat all its own.

She smiled for a moment, a ghost of amusement upturning her pink stained lips. The school itself seemed to radiate happiness. If only she could feel some of it.

Down below the huge French doors opened with a bang Her fellow classmates spilled out in to the night, their laughter and shouts were now a stark contrast to the muffled sounds previous. Bobby bounded along the lawn like a drunken toddler, twisting and turning as Kitty chased him with a can of silly string. Beast and Jubilee were following close behind. Rogue couldn't suppress the giggle when the three had caught up to the helpless 'Iceman' instantly transforming him in to 'Stringman' Bobby started to protest only to be met with a mouth full of the spongy substance. He sputtered for a moment comically expelling the gunk from his mouth.

At some point during the three years she'd been attending the school, a gap had risen up out of the ground forming a deep chasm between Rogue and her friends. It was a rift she had watched grow slowly till it left her floundering for a common ground with someone. Timidly, she had become attached to the older members of the X-Men. She'd watched Jean's quiet, reserved nature and Storms' ability to command almost any situation and learned. Scott was her brother, helping her with her homework and encouraging her more 'tomboyish' ways. The professor had taken on the role of father figure and she did her best to please him in every way. Still a void was ever present. A nagging feeling that she didn't belong, that she was merely a guest in distant relatives' house.

Rogue laid back folding her hands underneath her head. The stars were getting brighter by the moment. Each little pinprick twinkled as if to say hello. A sound much like a vacuum seal was being broken interrupted her silent observations. She looked toward the sound to see Kurt cheerfully imitating her. "Evening Fraeulein,"

Rogue narrowed her eyes at him. "Evening fuzzy," she said evenly.

"You are aware you're missing the festivities below, correct?" He smiled at her, his teeth glowing against his blue, furred skin.

"Ah just don't feel in the mood fuzzy." Rogue closed her eyes. Maybe it was this wonder lust she'd always felt. "Ah was thinking of taken a trip," she said, changing the subject.

Kurt clicked his teeth together. "Where would you go Schoenheit?"

"Alaska, I guess. I still haven't seen it."

Kurt's dark silhouette moved over her obscuring her view of the sky. "And what will you do once you get there?"

Deja-vu rippled through her mind. "I dun no, maybe I'll just go looking." She playfully shoved Kurt out of the way.

"Da," Kurt sighed. "That never ending quest to capture the wind in your hand."

Rogue raised an eyebrow at him. "Oh that wasn't the least bit melodramatic." Now it was her turn to sigh. "Oh fuzzy, I haven't a clue as to what am looking for. I just hope I know it when I see it." Rogue shifted to her side with one hand propping her head up. She shivered slightly as the cool, metal, dog tags she wore tumbled inside of her blouse.

Below the latest top 40 hit changed to the spicy beat of the Salsa. "Well Fraeulein, that's my queue. You'll come down later and dance with me?" he asked not hiding the twinkle in his eyes, making Rogue laugh.

"I'll think about it," she wasn't sure if she could handle the crowd.

With one last smile Kurt teleported back to the party. Now that Rogue was alone once more she returned to her stargazing.



"Why aren't you down there?" A deep voiced asked.

Rogue jumped slightly. In the first nanosecond she geared herself up to give Kurt a piece of her mind for having startled her. Just as she opened her mouth to do so, her mind registered how un-Kurt like the voice was. There was nothing Rogue could do but stare, her eyes wide and disbelieving. A gloved finger not her own reached up to smooth a shock of white hair back into place. Finding her voice Rogue did her best to at least sound normal. "I, I wanted to look at the stars." Even to her own ears her explanation sound weak. "I've forgotten the way to never never land," she joked.

A smile reached his dark, rugged features. "It's the second star to the right." He pointed to some unknown spot in the distance. "Then straight on till morning."

Her mouth formed a perfect O shape.

He began to point out all the different constellations. Something of which she never would have guessed he knew anything about. He had her undivided attention.

Rogue had that surreal feeling that she was caught between two worlds. The first one filled with the sweetest joy - he was here beside her after all this time. The second was trepidation, she was afraid of him even though she knew there was no need to be. Still she sensed something different about him, he smelled of danger and open road.

It took her a moment to realize he'd stopped talking. When she did notice, it took all of her courage to raise her eyes and look at him. Black eyes glittered, catching the reflection of the moon. It was then that Rogue saw the wild animal in him, which which stories had been written about. Stories of men turning in to night creatures at the call of the full moon, she half expected him to throw back his head and howl.

"I've come back for this." She looked down to see he had pulled the chain out of her top the first three buttons undone and the swell of her breasts exposed. Rogue felt her cheeks grow hot as her heart sped up to a point she was sure the whole school could hear. Something about his voice told her he wasn't just speaking of the tags.

With his other hand he reached for something inside his leather jacket. Pulling out a beautiful silk scarf. "I'll trade you," he told her.

Rogue took the sheer material from his hand, holding it above her she peered at the night sky. The fabric set the moon off into a fuzzy glow. It was so soft to the touch that she couldn't resist dragging it across her face. Intently aware that he watched her every move, she put it against her head as if it where a bandana. Then absently rubbed the silk against her lips and chin. She played with it for a moment, enjoying the softness glide against her skin.

His shadow moved slightly, taking up her view of the sky. "Logan?" Rogue asked, not entirely sure of the question.

"Yes?" he answered. His voice sounded like velvet sliding against gravel.

Rogue smiled. "It's beautiful. Thank you."

He seemed pleased with her response, touching the tip of her chin through the material.

Rogue shyly grasped his hand in her own. "Ah missed you."

Moments, she held on to him staring up in to his eyes. Slowly she started to tug at his glove one finger at a time until the worn leather slid free. His palm was open allowing her to trace the creases she found there. Her hands trembled, feeling the warmth of him through her own glove. Something inside of her shifted, it was as if she'd crossed a previously unknown, unseen threshold. Taking the scarf she wrapped it around his hand and up to encompass his long lean fingers. Suddenly all those colorful jokes Jubilee and Kitty whispered about in the girls bathroom made sense. It wasn't till at that moment did she realize just how useful such a physical trait could be.

Mesmerized by her own wandering thoughts Rogue jumped as if she'd been burned when Logan began to tenderly caress her flushed cheek.

At first the warmth of his hand was more than her sense could take, brilliant points of light seemed to explode all around her but then the feeling began to subside in to a familiar, security. His thumb began to create small circles using the delicate fabric to shield him from her beautiful, yet deadly skin. Closer and closer the circles moved toward her mouth. His mouth relaxed to a grin as he brushed her lips. He knew exactly what she was feeling and he knew without a doubt he alone was the cause.

Fire and ice spread through Rogue's body like a torrent of water cascading down a mighty waterfall. Before she realized what she was doing her head seemed to move of its own accord, ever so slightly to the left, following Logan's finger. She brushed her lips against the plains of his palm, gently exploring him.

He gasped sending a bolt of electricity coursing through her body. Logan moved closer, kneeling over her, watching her, surprise and something else she couldn't name churned in his eyes. With a deep sigh she released him only to regret her hasty decision. Gently she brought his hand back to her.

Logan jumped, ripping his hand away from her lips gasping for air as though she'd just bitten him. Rogue stilled for a moment suddenly embarrassed and scared that she had just crossed the line with him. A line she shouldn't have even gotten near. His breath was coming short and quick and his face was set in an angry grimace.

Rogue wanted to get away, hurt and confused by her own boldness and Logan's response. Her hands moved upward toward his chest, she'd push him away, then get away as fast as she could. Yes, that was a good plan she decided. She'd leave now before humiliation melted her into a messy puddle on the ground. Her body tensed as she prepared to leap away, far away from this man who had become her personal demon.

Before she could make good on her escape Logan had managed to unwind the scarf from his hand, he pulled the fabric over her mouth holding her head with this other hand, fingers tangled in her hair.

His mouth descended on hers searching through the thin gossamer, tasting her.

He pulled back for a second.

"I've come back for this," he whispered. His lips covered hers again.

Rogue was a bundle of nerves and sensations; erratic breathing caused her chest to constrict almost painfully. Her hair was mussed now from his hands, her face felt hot and her lips were being abused in the most delightful of ways.

She had found what she was searching for.

Deep within that realization she felt her blouse coming undone. She froze, "No Logan, you can't," whishing with all her might that she was wrong. Strong fingers closed over her making her arch her back and moan.

"Look at me," he commanded.

It wasn't until then that she realized her eyes were closed. When she dared to open them, Logan rose, lifting up the scarf in his hand. The wind picked it up blowing around like butterfly. Rogue caught it up in her hand before it was taken from her all together. She looked back at Logan, his ruggedly handsome face descending upon hers once more.

"Logan!" Terror colored her voice. The last thing she wanted to do was hurt him in anyway. Rogue tried to pull the scarf over her, but Logan pined her arm to the side. She squirmed, pushed against his chest; still he came closer and closer until their lips met. For an instant it was the most beautiful feeling she had ever experience. It was as if the whole world was on fire as their tongues danced with each other and his lips moved with hers. No boundaries, No barriers.

But then it was gone and Rogue felt Logan's mind being ripped away from him, his energy seeping from him and transferring itself to her. His grip had changed from one of pleasure to one of pain. She began to scream as images flooded her mind. Rogue pushed at him, begging him to stop. She didn't want it to be like this, not with him.

Just when she thought she would die from the agony, it stopped. he dropped away from her like the mist in the morning sun. Logan now lay beside her, limp; his eyes stared out into nothing.

A hand gently grabbed her by the shoulder. Rogue jumped with a start, reality infusing itself back in to her mind. It was as if she'd been in some kind of stupor. Her smoky eyes cleared and Kurt's face came in to focus. Her friend stood above her, concern etched in his fuzzy blue face.

"You said you would save me a dance."

Rogue looked around her, taking in her surroundings. There was no Logan, his tags still hung from around her neck.

"You look like you've seen a ghost Fraeulein Rogue" He clicked his tongue at her. "Come on. I refuse to leave you up here when we're all having such a good time," He laughed and pulled her to a standing position. "You owe me a dance."

Rogue smiled shyly at her friend, still shaken from her dream.

Kurt laughed again, "Are you ready to get down the Nightcrawler way?" He stopped and looked at her for a moment. "That's a pretty scarf. I don't remember seeing it before."

Startled Rogue realized something was wrapped around her throat in the way she customarily wore her scarves. As she brought it forward, the pattern matched the one from her dream. Her head snapped up as she anxiously looked around, searching, questioning. She could still taste Logan on her lips. Was it a dream?

"Don't worry," Kurt said to her.

Rogue's brows knitted together.

"You'll find what you are looking for."

"That's just what I'm a afraid of sugah."