Author's Chapter Notes:
I tried to think of a better title, but then again… does it not attract you as is? Point made ;)
It was around 10am when Logan stomped into the Xavier Institute’s main kitchen.

Nothing unusual about it really, except that he looked tired… really tired.

And a little old if that was possible.

He’d spent half the night before in the medlab unconscious due to some one-on-one time with Rogue that had gotten a bit crazy.

Or ‘insane’ might be the more appropriate word.

The two were going at it like bunnies on acid when a few layers got torn and skin got exposed.

It didn’t help that Logan hadn’t actually finished healing before he left the school’s lower levels saying something about antiseptic odors and murderous rage.

So as it was, he stood in front of the coffee maker; glaring at the empty carafe.

He turned to look at Ororro who was also in the kitchen.

She followed his eye line back to the coffeepot.

“We ran out last night.”

There was a pause and the sound of pots and pans as Orroro loaded them into the dishwasher.

“What do you mean we ‘ran out’?”

“Like I said… we ran out. I’m no happier about this than you.”

As much as it bothered Logan that there was no morning booster for his drained body, he knew it wasn’t really anyone’s fault.

Except maybe Chuck’s; who should’ve known better than not to stock up on the essentials.

A quick check in the fridge showed a bevy of colorful juices and sodas that claimed a quick fix of energy, but Logan was not easily fooled.

“Red Bull?”

He’d heard of that one before.

‘Speed in a can’ they’d said.

Who ‘they’ was, was insignificant.

He downed a few cans for good measure since they were so damn small and went about his way to teach the morning defense classes.

-1 Hour Later-

“Okayrugratstodayyou’regonnalearnaboutoffensivemaneuversandhowtoprotectyourselfintthefield. Thebestdefenseisagoodoffense.”

A shy hand went up toward the back of the classroom.

“Professor Logan?”

“YeahKitty, whaddayawantkid?”

“You’re talking too fast, I have no idea what you just said.”

“Talkingtoofast?”

Most of the class agreed, “Yeah.”

However, among the nay-sayers, was Jubilee.

“Dude, he is *so* not talking fast.”

Bobby Drake turned to her; disbelieving.

“Yeah? Then what did he say, oh ‘Great One’?”

The young Asian simply rolled her eyes; simultaneously popping her gum.

“Simple babe. He said, and I quote, 'Okay rugrats, today you’re gonna learn about offensive maneuvers and how to protect yourself in the field. The best defense is a good offense.’”

She winked at Logan to punctuate her sentence; following with, “Was that about right Wolvie?”

It was a sad, sad day at the X-Mansion when the only person to understand him was Jubilee.

Needless to say, a couple dozen packages of coffee grinds had made their way into the kitchen cabinet before dinner that night and the so called ‘energy drink’ known as ‘Red Bull’ was banned from the institute.