Author's Chapter Notes:
Logan just doesn't seem to understand.
The evening with Scott was lovely; we danced all night and talked to tons of amazing people. We drank Champaign and ate an amazing dinner with the Professor and some Senators who were pro-mutant and anti-registration. No one ever made glances towards Scott’s classes or my white streaks and for one night everything seemed to be going perfectly. Until we returned home of course.

We entered the mansion with red cheeks and hushed giggled laughter as we clumsily made our way back to my room. So maybe we had a little too much to drink, but how can you say no to free Champaign?

“Thanks Scott for a wonderful evening,” I told him as I leaned heavily against the wooden oak door to my bedroom. Scott placed his arm against the frame of the door and leaned into me.

“Me too,” he whispered to me as he leaned into me, I giggled a little at the feel of his breath against my face.

“Yea well I’m glad,” I told him as I snaked my arms under his jacket and pulled him closer to me. I looked up at him as he gave me that heart melting smile. He lowered his head slowly to mine and kissed me gentle on the lips at first.

He continued kissing me and slowly the kiss rose more feverishly, until I was pressed up against the wooden door. I felt his hands move from the side of the door, his right closing in on my hip the other caressed the left side of my face. The sensation of this simple caressing was more than I could take. It had been three months since someone had touched me like that. Actually it had been years, not since Bobby at least, that somebody had actually took the time to make out with me, let alone kiss me. The feeling to say the least was overwhelming.

I moved my hands that lay limply at my sides before and wrapped them around his head, our bodies pressed closely against each other. Our lips continued their unrelenting assault on each other. Until I felt Scott being yanked from our lovers grasps. It took me a moment to realize what was happening.

“Logan! Let him go now!” I screamed at Logan as he held Scott up against the oak paneling three metal claws pinching Scott’s jugular. I walked up behind Logan.

“Logan, I don’t want to hurt you but if you don’t let him go right now I will,” I told him as I placed my hand on his shoulder. Of course Logan being Logan didn’t listen to well and continued to growl and keep Scott in his position.

“Alright Logan I warned you,” and I grabbed his shoulder and lifted him off the ground and threw him up against the wall on the other side of the hallway.

“Stupid man, never listens, Scott sugar are you okay?” I asked as I knelt down next to Scott to check if he was okay. Once he nodded that he was fine I stood up abruptly and turned on Logan, hell I wasn’t even mad, I was furious.

“What in the hell do you think you are doing? How dare you do that to Scott! You have no right Logan, why can’t you just move on like everyone else? I ain’t yours no more! I’m tired of your stupid Neanderthal bullshit and I won’t stand for it anymore, I am not some girl you can just throw away and then pick back up when ever you feel like it! So if you don’t mind,” I turned and helped Scott up from the floor and then turned back to Logan determination on my face.

“No one brings the bad guy home Logan, This time I decided to pick the good guy,” and with that I grabbed Scott and pushed passed Logan who still lay sprawled out on the floor against the wall. Giving him one last look of disgust I pushed open my door and led Scott inside, slamming it shut behind me.

“What in the hell was that all about?” Scott asked me his arms crossed over his chest.

“I don’t know! This is Logan were talking about remember, no body ever really knows when it involves him,” I tell him with a sigh and move to sit on my bed. Scott runs a hand through is short brown hair and comes to sit next to me.

“I guess maybe he isn’t really over you yet.” I smile slightly at that, and look back at Scott.

“He just never believed me when I told him I wouldn’t be around anymore; I guess he always assumed I would be there, to help pick up the mess he left behind. But unlike Logan things change and I think it’s about time he got used to it.” Scott was looking at me intently; it was kind of hard to know what was going on with Scott because of his glasses. With Logan I could always tell, because he spoke with his eyes, Scott on the other hand speaks with his body language.

“Why is it that when you finally get over someone and move on they always seem to come back and rock your boat all over again?” I asked him putting my chin in my hand.

“Hey don’t worry about it; you’ve done great these last few months. Don’t let that bone head ruin the things you did. You’ve become an independent woman with out any help, hell the whole woman population is relieved you finally did it. You’ve become an example to the younger girls here and everyone, even if it was something you did for yourself, thinks it was a great thing for everyone involved,” and I smiled at him as small blush creeping up on my face. It was true to some extent, in the last month a lot of the women have come up to me to congratulate me on my success of becoming independent.

“Thanks Scott,” I tell him as I lean my head into him.

“Thanks for what? I’m only trying to be a good friend, Marie,”

“Thank you for being that good friend. You’re always there for me when I think I have no one, and for once that’s a good change.” I paused and turned up to look at him, “I’m tired of feeling alone, of waiting for something that may never show. I’m ready to forget and start anew,” I slowly leaned into him hoping he understood my words. I’m tired of being alone waiting for Logan to be the man that I want him to be, and maybe just maybe Scott is the something ‘anew’ that I am waiting for. I kissed him gently which eventually grew passionately and once again I could feel his hands starting to roam across my body, caressing it as he made his track across the great expansion of my torso.

“I think it would be best to stop for now,” Scott say’s reluctantly but I understand his need to take things slow. This isn’t supposed to be about our lost lovers and our need to fill in the blank void that they left us with. This is supposed to be about us and what we want and I understand that wholly and I nod my approval and lean away from him.

He stood up then and I followed him to my door, he kissed me goodnight and then closed the door behind him as he made his way back to his empty room. I stared at the door for awhile thinking about the events that had past and I almost regretted not making him stay, but I knew everything would fall into place eventually.