Author's Chapter Notes:
Rogue's just a tad bit bitchy in this chapter. But no worries everything will eventually come together. I mean come on every girl's gotta be a bitch when the love of your life thinks he can just pick you up and then drop you when ever it's conventant. So yea bitchness is needed.
Some where in Canada:

The fighting matches for the evening had finally ended. The biggest winner for the evening sat on a bar stool nursing a nice cold beer paying no attention to the things around him. Until the latest news story caught his attention on the television screen.

“Today the President was saved by a group of crime fighting mutants known as the X-men,” the anchor woman said as live footage began to roll.

“Apparently a group of mutant terrorist out to kill the President were stopped when the X-men intervened, as you can see here one of the women of the X-men is fighting Ms. Marvel a known radical. As you see here something unknown transpires between Ms. Marvel and the white streaked x-men as Ms. Marvel, who is now in the intensive care ward in….” the woman’s voice drifted off as Logan sat and watched Rogue take out one of the strongest mutants Logan had ever faced. He watched as both Rogue and Ms. Marvel slumped to the ground into unconsciousness. Logan threw a couple of dollars on the bar and decided that maybe it was time to come home.

Back at the mansion:

The professor has been helping me every day to control Carol, sometimes she slips and I can’t say something cruel to one of my team mates or another student. But by now everyone just smiles and some even just laugh at the Carol part in me. It’s become a big joke.

It’s been a month now since the incident and Scott and I have grown closer. Actually a couple of weeks ago we went on our first real date. It was the first date I had been on in a long time, Logan and I never really did the whole dating scene so it was a good change for once. He took me to a nice Italian restaurant in the older part of New York and then we took a nice stroll in Central Park. I had never been happier in my life than walking on Scott’s arm as we strolled down the Park talking in silent whispers about each other. It was pleasant and uneventful but most of all it was uncomplicated and perfect.

After that Scott and I kept a low profile, but every one knew we were seeing each other. Scott was such a gentleman; he didn’t even try to kiss me until about the end of our fourth date. It just felt great to actually have things taken at a nice slow pace for once, instead of that needy, fast kind of romance.

Now I am sitting at my vanity putting my earrings in my ear waiting for Scott to arrive to take to the banquet one of the Professor’s clients are throwing. I heard a knock on the door and stood up looping my last earring in as I opened the door.

“Sorry Scott I am….” But before I could finish I noticed that Scott wasn’t the one standing in my door way.

“What are you doing here?” I asked the man in front of me.

“I saw you on the news, came to see if you were okay.”

“You’ve been gone three almost four month’s Logan, I am glad to know that me getting hurt is the only thing that would bring you home,” I snapped at him as I turned and walked back to my vanity to apply my lipstick.

“Why are you in here?” Logan asked me as he came all the way into my room.

“I told you; if you left I was through. I guess I was right, you wouldn’t believe me,” I sat down on my bed and put on my black high heals.

“Marie, this is ridiculous, you’re completely over reacting. So why don’t you gather up your stuff and put it back into our room.” I just laughed at him, god he was so blind.

“No Logan, sorry but not this time, things have changed. Our room isn’t ours anymore, and I am not with you anymore. I’m seeing someone else now and I really do not like being told what to do from someone who thinks they can just walk in and out of my life at the drop of a hat Logan. You had your chance now move over and let some one else have a try,” I told him with anger dripping from every word. Things have changed and it was about time he took notice.

“Hey Marie are you ready…” Scott said as he came into my room until he noticed Logan standing there.

“Hey Scott Yea just let me grab my purse,” I told him as I grabbed it from my vanity.

“Alright sugar, I’m ready,” I told him as I walked over and took his arm.

“Well, see yea later Logan, but I have a date,” I told him as I started to walk with Scott out of my room.

“Wait just one god damn minute here,” Logan yelled at us.

“Logan, seriously we’re going to be late,” I told him not caring that this was probably hurting him. Stupid bastard has hurt me enough; maybe it’s time for him to feel some of the love he likes to share.

“You’re with one-eye now?” Logan asked confused looking from me to Scott.

“Well, we only just started dating but maybe eventually,” I told him as I turned to leave again.

“You’re leaving me for Scooter?” I just rolled my eyes and sighed loudly.

“No Logan, I already left you, three months ago; now this might be news for you, but not to the rest of the world. Now I have moved on so do us all a favor and do the same,” damn I am such a bitch.