Author's Chapter Notes:
More action in this one!
Two months, Logan hadn’t come home in two month’s. Good thing I never stopped caring, and anyways it had been a good two months. Scott and I had had started practicing constantly in the Danger Room and finally today was the day I would go on my every first ‘official’ mission. Apparently the Statue of Liberty and the events that happened to me which eventually caused Jean Grey’s death didn’t count. So her I was in the briefing room standing next to Storm as we listened to Scott debrief us on what was to aspire.

“Apparently,” Scott stated as he motioned towards the three-d map, “since Magneto is currently unavailable, the Brotherhood has decided to continue there strike towards Mutant empowerment. They are currently heading to Washington to kidnap the President and Vice President. We will be dividing up into two teams. Storm will lead one which will have Iceman and Jubilee, while I will lead the other with Rogue, Shadow Cat and Colossus. My team’s mission will be to protect the President at all cost and make sure he makes it to his safe house unharmed. Storm’s team will do the same for the Vice President. Now everyone this is no time for fancy tricks or anything like that. This is a serious matter and I want this to go as smoothly as possible. Everyone meet at the Black Bird in five minutes. Thank you.”

I looked at Storm after Scott had finished his speech, she gave me a soft smile and a pat on the shoulder and we all continued our trek to the Blackbird. Once we were all seated I started to feel slightly nervous. I never really liked the Blackbird personally. Especially since I was thrown from it once already, then I had to personally land it which caused it to some how malfunction which lead to the death of Jean Grey. Okay so I’ve never had a good experience with the Blackbird so sue me. Jubilee was sitting next to me and gave a reassuring smile and then held my hand as the jet lifted off.

It took us only thirty minutes to get to Washington thanks in part to the fact that we have our own personal jet. Once there we had to land pretty far from the White House, you know whole no fly zone thing. Anyways we made our way to the White House and we split into our teams and with the help from the Professor my team was quickly escorted to the oval office.

“Mr. President,” Scott stated, “we the X-men believe you and the Vice President are in serious danger and we would like to escort you to one of your safe houses while the matter is being handled.”

“What do you mean you believe? What about the Vice President? And don’t you think that if something was wrong my people would know about it?” The President questioned us behind his large oak desk.

“We have had information passed to us saying that this attack should be taking place at any moment, the Vice President is being taken care of as we speak with the other half of our team.” Scott told him with a reassuring tone and a nod to the head as he directed from Colossus and I to lead him out of the office to one of his safe houses.

“Do not worry Mr. President, I have already talked to your chief of Security and he also believes that you are in danger. He is preparing the other arrangements for your departure.” Cyclopes told the President as Shadowcat and Colossus walked on either side of the President and I followed from behind.

“Hey! Who said you get to take the President with you?” Said the load voice of a woman from behind me. I turned and noticed it was a blonde woman dressed in a green outfit that I recognized from some where.

“Cyclopes take the others and go I’ll keep her occupied,” I told him as I walked towards the woman.

“See you in a minute Rogue,” Cyclopes said over my shoulder as he continued to help escort the President from the building.

“Please! You can’t possibly keep Ms. Marvel occupied for to long. I mean look at you. What are you? Fifteen, please!” The woman scoffed at me, now I remember from one of Magneto’s memories. Carol Danvers a.k.a. Ms. Marvel, super-strength, invulnerability and the ability of flight. Just fucking great! I can’t beat her by just hand to hand combat, good job!

“Excuse me, but I’m twenty now and please aren’t you just a tad bit to old to be playing super hero. I mean come on you’ve got to be like what forty?” See I knew having Magneto in my head would come in handy one day. Apparently Ms. Marvel has a small pet peeve when it comes to her looks and age.

“ERRRR….you stupid little bitch!” She screamed at me and half flying half running charged me. She tackled me and then picked up my body and through me out the window. I crashed into one of the trees, splintering it as it broke my fall.

“Fuck!” I grumbled out as I slowly got back up on to my feet.

“Think you can still keep me occupied now?” She smirked at me as she floated in front of me mockingly.

“Who said I was done yet?” I asked her and spit some blood on to the ground and decided now was a pretty good time to take of my leather gloves. Fucking show her what keeping occupied means to Rogue.

“Fine be that way, but if you die don’t say I didn’t warn you,” She told me with a bright smile, I just laughed at her.

“What’s so funny?” She asked me getting ready to attack me again.

“You think I’m going to die, now that was just priceless, you know with your old age and all,” I told her as I continued to giggle my hand covering my mouth. I just did it to annoy the fuck out of her. Make her forget exactly how powerful I really am.

“Why you…” She screamed at me and grabbed my wrist, and that’s all I needed before she started to scream her lungs out. Then I started to notice that she wasn’t letting go and I couldn’t get her to let go. That’s when I started to scream too as the life of Carol Danvers filled my mind. However some moments later the Carol’s personality was too much to handle and I slipped into the welcoming darkness.

When I started to come to all I could see, feel and remember was that was Carol Danvers. I screamed in terror as I realized, me, Carol or Rogue, I couldn’t remember was dead.

“Rogue! Are you okay? Stop screaming, Hank!” I knew that voice, it was a male’s voice, I just couldn’t place him.

“Oh Scott she’s awake,” a blue, wait blue!? Yes a blue man said to the familiar one. Scott was that his name? That’s a nice name.

“My dear how are you feeling?” The blue man asked me.

“Who?” I looked at him confused, he just looked from me to the Scott guy and then back to me.

“My dear who do you think you are?” The blue man asked me.

“Well Carol Danvers of course, God, am I really surrounded my fucking morons?” Geez and why was I strapped down?

“Oh dear! Scott could you please bring the Professor in here. I think we might have a small problem that he might want to over see,” the blue man told to Scott. He just nodded to the doctor guy and walked out of some sliding doors. A couple of minutes later he returned with some bald guy in a wheel chair.

“My name is Charles Xavier and I would be the bald guy in the wheel chair,” I just stared at him then smirked, of course Charles Xavier, the guy Magneto was talking about. Great just fucking great.

“Now I know this is difficult for you but I am sorry for your currently situation. But I am however going to have to take a little peak inside okay?” A peak? Exactly what kind of peak is this guy talking about? He moved to the head of the table that I was lying on and placed both hands on either side of my head. That’s when I really started to freak out and started to try and escape. Damn adamantium cuffs, of course!

A couple of hours later Professor Xavier finally had Carol under control and I was able to be me for awhile. Or at least until I had her completely under control, which the professor said would be quite awhile. In fact this is the first person I have actually killed while using my mutation. Charles says that it will mostly likely have a permanent affect on me.

“Well at least my new powers will actually come in handy,” I commented to him with a small smile on my face.

“This is a serious matter Rogue, for while at least. You will be dealing with bits of rage and different kinds of emotions as well as having to learn how to control your powers. I want you to have sessions with me every day after your Danger Room sessions with Scott and Ororo. Storm will be teaching you how to fly and Scott will teach how to control your strength. Now why don’t you go up to your room and get some rest till tomorrow okay?” Xavier told me as he rolled out of the room.

“Come on kiddo lets get you into bed,” Scott said as he helped me get up from my bed. We made it all the way up to my private room with out being ambushed until Jubilee rounded the corner, Kitty in tow.

“ROGUE!” They hollered at me as the came racing towards me.

“Hey guys,” I smiled at them.

“So is the evil lady all gone now?” Jubilee asked me as if I had been possessed by the devil or something.

“No just taking a backseat for a little while,” I told her.

“Well at least we’ve got you back, I’ll take you any day compared to Ms. I’m too good to be true, Hey! Maybe she should have dated Logan!” Jubilee mentioned and I flinched at his name.

“Anyways, thanks for stopping by, but I think I’ve had enough changes for today and I’m going to go hit the sack, okay?” They just nodded to me and left with out another word.

“Oh and thanks Scott,” I said as I opened my door.

“You’re welcome but next time don’t do that okay? You fucking scared the hell out of me,” I just smiled at him, Scott Summer’s just cursed twice in one sentence, now that was priceless.

“Okay how about next time I make sure the person doesn’t have a death grip on me, how about that?” I asked him teasingly.

“Rogue I’m serious; you could have gotten seriously hurt or even died! And do you also know your on every news channel from her to the moon?” he asked me exasperated and hugged me too him.

“Fine I won’t do that next time,” I huffed at him.

“Night Rogue,” Scott said smiling at me.

“Marie….it’s Marie Scott,” there I did it, now Logan wasn’t the only one who new my name. Scott just smiled even bigger at me and kissed the top of my head.

“Marie is a beautiful name,” and with that he left. Okay so maybe one more change wasn’t to bad to end the day.