Author's Chapter Notes:
Moving in, moving out! Another part of the changing experience!
After Scott and I finished off our breakfast we went back to mine and Logan’s old room. At first I was a little hesitant to go in, feeling like I wouldn’t be able to finish my mission if I went in there and remembered all of the times Logan and I spent long evenings just staring at each other. But Scott’s hand on the small of my back reassured me that this is exactly what I want. I don’t need the Wolverine picking me up and then just dropping me whenever he felt the need to! Damn him I deserve better than that! So with my head held high and my back straight, I planted a big smile on my face.

Scott opened to door and we found a small pile of boxes with a couple of rolls of boxing tape next to them. For the next two hours Scott and I sorted out all of mine and Logan’s things putting both in different boxes. Mine all had M’s and there designation (like bb for bathroom and br for bedroom) and on Logan’s I just put a simple L.

After we finished packing I had Scott and two other recruits (who were just lucky enough to want extra credit and were walking by my room) help me move my stuff to the single room I would be living in next to Scott. After Jean’s death, Scott couldn’t stand being in the room that they had shared so many memories together and in the end it was just easier to move out.

“God Rogue how much stuff do you have?” asked Bobby as he carried in another box to my new room.

“Compared to how much stuff Jubilee has, not that much,” we all laughed and Bobby went back to the old room to get more boxes while I stayed and continued to unpack them.

“You know I really think Bobby and I could have lived without the extra credit now that I know what I am really doing,” Pete a.k.a Colossus said as he brought in three boxes, I guess extra strength comes in handy once in awhile.

“Well, technically I should have Scott give you more extra credit than Bobby seeing as how you are bring more stuff in than he is.”

“Hey I heard that! And any ways it’s not my fault that I don’t have super strength, all I can do is make pretty ice sculptures,” I just rolled my eyes at him. I am glade that after our break up we were able to still be friends in the long run. He really is a funny guy once he starts to relax around people and that’s what I love about him.

“I think that’s it Rogue, anything else we can help you do? You know maybe build the whole room for you?” Scott mocked at me as he brought in the last of my boxes.

“Naw that’s okay Scott I already had the Professor do it for me this morning, no worries” I waved at him and laughed, it was so nice to just be able to laugh like that. Not having to think about what I was really doing. I mean I am saying pretty much to the love of my life ‘fuck off’ in capital letters. I am so glade I have friends who care and are willing to back me up 100% no matter what the case.

“Okay then we will let you finish unpacking and see you later okay?” I gave him a small sad smile and nodded my reply. Then Scott motioned for the other’s to leave as well and I could hear Bobby asking Scott down the hallway how much extra credit he would be receiving for this and I couldn’t help but giggle just a little. God I really did love those guys.

After I finished unpacking my room I laid on my bed for what felt like hours just thinking things over. I stared blankly up at the ceiling trying to convince my self that this is what was for the best. But my heart felt like it was breaking into tiny little bits, slowly and very painfully. After I got tired of just thinking I noticed that since this morning Danger Room session plus moving out, that my body ached all over. So I decided to make me a big bubble bath, you know the kind were there seems to be more bubble than actually water. Yea that sounded just about right.

So I gathered my robe and CD player and filled the tub up with the bubble bath Ororo had given me for Christmas last year. It smelled just like home during the summer time when my mama would bake apple pie and set it out to cool on the window and me and my best friend Kara at the time could smell it from the backyard swings. That’s exactly what it reminded me off. When I had first smelt it in the common room after opening it, I almost started crying because it brought back so many good memories. Storm was completely confused until I told her it was the absolute perfect gift I had ever received from a friend.

Then I explained to her why it meant so much and she just seemed to shrug and said “Well it just smelled like you when you first arrived here so that’s why I bought it for you,” and the rest of the day I would take small sniffs of it when no one was looking. So now when ever I just need to relax I pull it out and use it. It’s my special kind and that just relaxes my entire body. However usually afterwards I have a huge craving for apple pie and make like two as soon as I’m done. But for right now I just need to soak and listen to my music and drift off to sleep.

About an hour later I was awoken up by a soft taping on my bathroom door. I had apparently fallen asleep and my CD had stopped playing and all of the bubbles had dissipated and the water had turned cold.

“Oh…Uh….just a minute,” I told the person at the door as I climbed out of the tub and wrapped my self up in my robe. When I opened the door Jubilee and Kitty were on the other side.

“Well, I’m glad you up Chica because we totally want the down low on what happened between you and Mr. I’m too good to be true! Because well I need to make sure that the correct gossip is spread around,” Jubilee told me as if this was her mission in life. I looked from Jubilee to Kitty who just smiled up at me.

“Hey! I’m just here to back up the story when people start talking about it,” she told me holding her hands up in the air in complete surrender. I just rolled my eyes and huffed.

“Okay, okay I’ll give you the details,” we moved over to my new bed and I proceeded to tell them all of the events that had ensued since last night.

After about forty-five minutes later I had Jubilee’s mouth open and Kitty looked like she was going to cry, she was always a hopeful romantic.

“And you know what? I don’t even think he believes that what I said was true, just wait he’ll come waltzing in to the mansion in say a month or so and will walk into our old room and see all of his shit in boxes and be like ‘what the fuck’? And then he’ll spend another twenty minutes or so looking for me and then start screaming and hollering at me like I was the one who was crazy!” I just rolled my eyes and waited for one of them to respond.

“What a JERK! I mean how dense do you really have to be to just walk out when your girls on the floor crying and begging you to stay and then tells you if you leave he might as well not come back!” Jubilee told me in complete shock, apparently everyone believed that mine and Logan’s relationship was all peaches and cream. Well welcome to the real world sweethearts because guess what? He really is a fucking ass!

“Well, I’m telling you just you wait; when he comes back he’ll be completely confused and well start yelling at me telling me I’m the crazy one. But you know what I don’t really care any more. I don’t need him to make me happy and I surely don’t need to be in half of a relationship, me being the only half of this relationship.”

“Jeez…Rogue we had no idea that this was going on. I mean you always seemed so happy and well we just thought that Logan leaving every couple of months or weeks was just something that you two had worked out and understood. So I guess no one ever really suspected anything. Well, except for Scott that is,” Kitty said as she looked at her hands.

“Yea really some best friends we are,” Jubilee huffed out as she put her chin on her knees.

“Don’t worry about it guys, it’s over and there’s no need to worry about it, it was just time for a change that’s all,” I told them reassuringly.

“Yea I guess so, everyone changes in the end,” Jubilee said looking at me.

“Yea I guess change is everything,” Kitty mumbled to me.

“Yea it all has to do with changing,” well I hope at least.