Author's Chapter Notes:
This one is longer than the opening. But it's got a tad bit more action, but mostly its just a filler. So will the next one. But it will eventually start getting better. Promise!
The next morning I met Scott down in the Danger Room for the start of my new sessions. Apparently Scott had made this time for his own personally training, but was kind enough to share his alone time with me.

We ran through a couple of sims fairly quickly so that Scott could see where I was at in my training. Logan had been my trainer and now since I really don’t want to be with him any more I think Scott has quietly taken over that position.

“Scott I told you, I am more advanced than the rest of the Junior X-men. The only reason why the Professor hadn’t put me on the team yet is because Logan is way too protective of me when it comes to this kind of stuff.” Scott was trying to get me to do hand to hand combat with him. Apparently he hadn’t noticed that the only person who has trained me is Logan and well Logan doesn’t really fight nicely. I know it probably would sound lame if I told this to Scott, but I didn’t really want to hurt the guy just to prove a point.

“I know you’re more advanced Rogue. I can read that in your chart and by looking at all of the old training videos. But this is how I teach; I can’t really see where to work with you if you I personally don’t experience it. I am a more show me kinds of person.” He told me with a smirk and got down into a fight stance.

“Fine,” I huffed at him as I too got into a fight stance opposite him, “but if I hurt you I don’t want to hear anything about it okay?” He just nodded at me, probably not taking in a word that I was saying. I just rolled my eyes and started to study him like Logan told me to do.

I noticed he favors his left side which means his right is probably the best angle to attack at. We had started to circle one another looking for openings and weaknesses and as we did so a smile started to spread across my face.

“What’s so funny?” He asked me still crouched and circling.

“This,” I told him as I attacked his right side just like I had planned. I grabbed his arm and twisted it back against his back pulling him towards me, trying to push his body to the ground. Unfortunately for me I didn’t really assess my opponent properly and with a little more effort than he usually uses managed to break from my hold.

“Very nice Mr. Summers,” I mocked him. I don’t ever call him that unless I was in his class.

“I under estimated you Rogue, I didn’t think you would keep this matter a formal affair,” I just grinned at him, he wasn’t going to congratulate me just yet on beating him.

“Well apparently it comes from being from the South, you know southern charms and all,” it was something Scott had always joked to me about. I was the only girl at the mansion who was from the South and everyday at breakfast he would make some wise crack about it. Such as; did you really used to ride horses to school? So seen any good cattle driving lately? and of course his most favorite was making fun of the fact that I really didn’t have any southern hospitality within me at all.

This time Scott attacked me. He just ran straight at me and grabbed me around the middle to pull me down with him. However before he managed to put me down, I rolled and maneuvered my self on top of him just sat on his back.

“Uh…now I know why guys like to be back here so much. What a view!” I started to giggle at my own silly remark and Scott even started laughing.

“Well, hate to break it to you Rogue, but not every guy likes coming in from behind,” and with that he pushed up and I flopped down on the ground with ‘umph’ but I did recover quickly.

“So how about we stop the small talk and get this little session over with shall we?” Scott just nodded his head in agreement and lunged at him. At first I made it look like I was going to punch him in the face but I dropped half way through and swept his legs out from under him.

Scott fell on his back but he managed to flip himself back up and punch me in the face, which actually hurt. I was so shocked that Scott Summers, oh fearless leader, actually punched a girl. I smiled a wide toothy smile and slugged him back. We started fist fighting for a while, and then eventually kicking was added. Scott was good, very good; he blocked most of my punches and kicks. But apparently he still did under estimate me. I finally decided to take him out. I was getting bored with this little fight. So I grabbed his arm and flipped him over my back, moved towards his body, flipped him on to his stomach and pinned him to the ground.

“So ya gonna give up or am I gonna have to keep kicking your ass till you can’t feel it any more?” I whispered into his ear as he tried to struggle out of my hold.

“Fine, fine I give, I give. Now get of me,” I smiled at him and pulled back and let him push himself off the ground.

“Told ya I was advanced for my age and I told you I would probably hurt ya too,” I smirked at him as I noticed the faint traces of bruises starting to appear across his body.

“Well you don’t look all that hot you’re self,” Scott nodded to me and he went to the side of the mats we were fighting on to grab his water. I realized after he said that, that I could feel my eye aching a little.

“Lucky shot,” was all I said as I moved to get up from the ground.

“Whatever, but now that I know you are really advanced, I would like to talk to the professor about you maybe joining the big kid team,” I smirked at him and walked over to him and picked up my towel and water bottle.

“Sure, whatever you say Captain,” I winked at him and made my way to the locker rooms.

After I showered and finished dressing I met up with Scott in the hall way and we went to go get breakfast together. When we entered a couple of people starred at us in confusion. First I couldn’t figure out what they were staring at until Scott poked my eye.
“Ow! Hey that actually hurt you rocks for brains!” I huffed at him as I slugged his arm, he grabbed it and said ‘ow’ like I had, but he just kept smiling at me as we sat down for breakfast.

“Scott, Rogue what happened to your faces?” Storm asked worriedly from across the table.

“Well, you see Ororo, I kicked Scott’s ass in the Danger Room so he’s got like a ton of bruises and cuts all over his body, and well my eye, and you see he got one lucky shot in before I took his ass to the ground.” I told her with a smile while Scott just put his head in his hands, apparently completely humiliated at the thought that a junior x-man kicked his ass.

“Is that true Scott?” Storm asked trying not to laugh at him.

“Yes, okay, Rogue kicked my ass in the Danger Room! Now will some one please pass me the butter!” He told the crowded table in clear agitation. Storm and I just started laughing at him. But by then however he was too so it didn’t really matter.

“Oh speaking of beating Scott up, Professor, is there any more empty single rooms?” I asked him as casually as possible. At this point a couple of people stopped eating at my request.

“Yes Rogue, your old room is still available, would you like for me to have some box’s sent up to your room?” He asked me, I knew he probably already knew what was going on or he would have asked more questions.

“Yes please, if you wouldn’t mind,” I thanked him and continued eating my breakfast.

“Oh and Professor,” Scott said, “may I have a word with you after breakfast or when ever you available?”

“I already know about that Scott and yes she can join, I’ve been trying to get her to join for over a year. I am glade she has finally decided to join the X-men; I’ve already got her new suite being made as we speak.” He told Scott with a smile and finished his oatmeal and orange juice and left the table.

“Soooo….Roguey,” I heard Jubilee say from a few chairs down, “why do you need a single room?

“Because, I don’t think I need all that space. I mean it’s just me there so I think I’ll have the Professor turn it into a large dorm room,” I told her matter of fact as I continued eating my toast.

“Yea but what about Wolvie?” she asked me in complete confusion.

“What about him? I think he is quite old enough to find a room all by himself, don’t ya think?” I questioned her as I drank some of my milk.

“Did something happen last night that I am totally not aware of?” Jubilee asked, the rest of the room had gone quite and all paying attention to me.

“Oh you mean me and Logan not being together anymore? Oh yea your totally not aware,” and at least two forks dropped after what I had just said.

“Well, at least now I know why you need a single room,” Jubilee said with a smile and finished her cereal. I turned my head to Scott who was looking at me intently; I just gave him a big smile and finished off my drink. You know I think changing is looking pretty good right about now.