Author's Chapter Notes:
Written in response to the challenge generator at wolverineandrogue.com. Prompt was ‘stranded’, object was toilet paper. I hate camping myself, but I’d make an exception for Logan.
“That’s the last time I come camping with you.”

“Fer Christ’s sake, kid, put a sock in it. It’s not the end of the world.”

“Might as well be.” This last muttered under her breath. She was pissed off but she wasn’t stupid. Logan was annoyed and bristling – in the literal sense of the world.

Some bangings and crashings and one loud thump like someone had just kicked a metal wall really hard came from the back of Logan’s truck, then he emerged again from the back doors, slinging his pack over his back. “Let’s get outta here. That heap’s goin’ nowhere anytime soon.”

“Yeah, cos I’d hate to be stranded next to the highway in the dark. Far better to be deep inside the really creepy-lookin’ forest.”

“You wanted to come, Marie. Nobody forced ya.”

“I know, I know!” Sometimes she just hated herself and this ridiculous crush she still had on Logan. It made her volunteer for the weirdest things. Extra track training had been a real bummer last month, but she’d outdone herself with this one. A weekend camping, just the two of them. How romantic, she’d thought. Cooking over an open fire, splashing in the river to keep clean, cuddling up to each other in the night for warmth…for some strange reason the sound of pan pipes perpetually floating in the air. And she hated fuckin’ pan pipes at the best of times. Of course that was before she discovered Logan viewed a weekend camping as some kind of survival training course. Before you could say ‘let’s bivouac’ they’d been loading the truck with two canvas sheets, a coil of rope and one small pack of freeze-dried foodstuffs. Yummy. Naturally Logan saw the truck breaking down in the middle of nowhere as a learning experience rather than a calamity. Naturally Marie’s only recourse was bitching loudly about the whole deal, and his patience was starting to wear really thin.

“What the hell you got in this pack, Marie? It weighs a ton!”

“Not much.” Mostly make-up and personal grooming products. “A few essential odds and ends, y’know.”

“Huh.” She cringed inwardly as he knelt down and unzipped it. “Jesus, what’s this?”

“Hair straighteners.”

“Hair straighteners? Your hair’s already straight!”

“It has this annoying kink—”

“Where were you plannin’ on plugging them in?”

“They’re gas-powered.”

“You really need this much lipstick? Whaddya think’s gonna happen out here? Some kind of fashion parade?”

“Nothing’s gonna happen out here,” she retorted flatly. Wasn’t that the truth.

“Well you can damn well carry this pack yourself. What a load of crap.”

“Gee, Logan, you’re such a gentleman.”

“Bite me.”

“Love to, sugah.”

They covered the next few miles in silence, Marie passing the time by staring at his butt as he strode ahead. The man really was sex on a stick, damn him. He should be made to wear jeans or leather trousers all the time – anything that hugged his ass basically. She was lost in a pleasantly erotic fantasy when he stopped, and she nearly ploughed into the back of him.

“Whoa kid! You okay? You look starving.”

“Uumph? Oh, yeah, I am hungry now you mention it.”

“I’m sure I’ve got somethin’ that’ll fill you up.” He crouched down to unzip the pack and missed her eyes nearly bugging out of her head. Jeez, she needed to get a grip quickly. Before she started drooling on her shoes.

“I’m gonna go, er, to the ladies room first. You got some toilet paper in that trusty pack?”

Logan’s hands stilled and he looked up warily. “Actually…no. Sorry, didn’t think about that. You can use a leaf or somethin’.”

“A leaf?”

“It won’t hurt you, Marie.”

“So now we’re stranded in the middle of nowhere without a single sheet of toilet paper between us? How much worse is this gonna get? Kill me now and get it over with!” She stomped off behind a row of bushes, cursing her own stupidity. She could have stayed in the mansion with Kitty and Jubes. They could have gone to the mall and freaked out the normal kids. Instead she was stuck in the forest with Mr Nature-will-provide-everything-we-need. If he tried to make her eat a bug she’d kill him with her bare hands.

When she returned he was stood with his arms folded and a mean scowl on his face. “You plannin’ to grouse the whole time we’re out here? Cos if you are I’m warnin’ you I’ll turn you over my knee and paddle your backside!”

She raised one eyebrow. “That sounds interesting.”

“Try me, kid. One more complaint and you’ll wish you’d stayed behind.”

She never could resist a challenge. “Believe me, sugah, I’m already there,” she drawled, hands on her hips.

Logan shook his head. “Can’t say I didn’t warn ya.”

Marie shrieked as he lunged forward. She dropped her pack and raced into the forest, her escape greatly aided by Logan tripping over her abandoned rucksack, the contents spewing out over the ground. She winced as her best Chanel lipstick got trampled into the dirt. Luckily he got his foot caught in the strap of the lacy bra she’d packed just in case, and she made the most of her head start, diving behind some bushes and skidding down a slope. She could hear him cursing behind her and tried not to laugh.

She hit some level ground and began to run, thankful for that extra track training after all, but it wasn’t long before she heard him catching up, great loping strides that she couldn’t hope to match. Having the giggles didn’t help, and the next moment an arm swept around her middle and pulled her back against a chest that could have been made of brick.

“Nice try,” he growled in her ear, “but you’ll have to run a hell of a lot faster than that to get away from me.”

“You’d have caught me earlier if you hadn’t stopped to play with my underwear.”

“Right, that’s it! You deserve this.”

“You wouldn’t dare!”

“Really?”

The arm around her waist tightened and she started to struggle, trying to whack him with her hands. The adamantium plating his skeleton gave him an unfair advantage, and he chuckled as she squirmed in his grip, the sound vibrating against her spine where it rested against his body. She was totally helpless, and the thought made her nerve endings tingle. The way this trip was going she had to get her thrills where she could.

“You’re enjoying this!” she burst out, finally admitting defeat. The man was about as flexible as a lump of concrete.

“You betcha. Just be grateful I ain’t popped the claws yet.”

“Yeah, well you can let me go now. But I don’t think that display of dominance will be winning any team-building prizes.”

“Quit whining and admit defeat!”

“Gah!” She rolled her eyes. “Okay, you win. Happy now?”

“Oh yeah.” Even with her back to him she could sense the smug grin.

He loosened his hold and let her slide slowly down his body. The trip did nothing for her peace of mind, and by the time her feet touched solid ground again she was flushed and breathless. His arm was still around her, and when, by accident or design, his hand came to rest against her breasts a small gasp flew from her lips.

For a minute they both went very still. Somewhere in the distance an animal skittered in the undergrowth. Marie was staring at his hand, the heat from his palm beginning to seep through her clothes. She could feel every thud of his heart where she leaned against him, and its pace seemed to be picking up. He seemed in no hurry to move anyway. Just when she thought that she couldn’t stand the suspense for one second longer his hand moved, only it didn’t leave her body. Instead his thumb flicked briefly across her nipple, and her head fell back against his chest with a groan.

As if galvanized by the small sound he spun her round and then his tongue was deep in her mouth, thrusting hungrily. She wound her arms around his neck, kissing him back with every ounce of longing and passion she possessed. The next moment they were rolling on the floor in a tangle of limbs, buttons popping and cloth ripping. It was like being in the middle of a whirlwind, but much hotter and infinitely more pleasurable. Seemed that once Logan made up his mind he didn’t let little problems like bits of rock and dirt stand in his way, and Marie had other things to think about.

A long time later she sat pulling bits of twig out her hair.

“How come you brought condoms but not toilet paper? What’s the deal with that?”

He smirked. “Priorities, babe.”

“Men!” she snorted. She had grass stains on her jeans and one grazed elbow, and it was starting to get dark. She’d never been happier. “I think I could get to like this camping thing, sugah.”

“I swear to God I’m never bringing you camping again. All you do is whine.”

“What! Never?” She batted her eyelashes at him flirtatiously, and he pulled her close for a swift, hard kiss.

“I suppose I could be persuaded, but it could take weeks, months even…”

“Thank God for your healing abilities, huh?”

“Oh yeah……..”





The End