Author's Chapter Notes:
Thanks to Jenn for the beta work.
“I’m not pregnant.”

Her words were quiet, and Logan wondered if she was relieved or sad. Nothing came across in her voice, and her scent was still laced with anxiety. He gave her a curt nod, holding her close to his chest.

“I’m not pregnant.”

He felt her pounding heart begin to slow, and heard little sniffs coming from her as she tried to keep from crying. Logan frowned, using his index finger to tilt her head up. Her eyes glistened with unshed tears as she chewed on her bottom lip.

Logan cleared his throat, keeping his voice low. “Marie…” He trailed off, not really sure what to say.

She gave him a nervous smile. “I’m okay. What about you? I never really asked what you were, um, hoping for. Or wanted.”

Logan tucked some of her platinum hair behind her ears, looking at her while he tried to work out what it was he was feeling. His eyebrows rose slightly when he identified the emotion. “I ain’t gonna lie darlin’, have to admit I’m kinda disappointed.” He frowned, trying to articulate his thoughts. “Guess I wanted a kid—our kid—more than I thought.”

Marie pressed her face back into his chest. “I’m sorry.”

Logan gave a quiet chuckle, his hand stroking her back. “Don’t be. Besides,” he tugged on her hair to get her to look at him again, “just means we get to keep practicin’. Gotta teach you how to put on a condom properly, and you know, that’s gonna take some serious man hours.” He smirked. “Could take days. Months even.”

Marie smiled. “Is that right?”

Logan nodded, backing her against the vanity. “Yep.”

He dipped his head and kissed her. Marie’s fingers gripped the back of his shirt as she parted her lips, letting Logan slide his tongue over hers. It was a slow, sensual kiss that left her breathless when they broke apart.

Logan kissed her forehead and looked at her. She had that frown on her face again, the one from earlier. “You sure you’re okay?”

Marie shook her head, then nodded, then shook it again. Finally she shrugged. “I don’t know, for some reason today I just keep wondering whether…”

Logan pulled back, his hold on her a bit looser. “What?”

Marie looked down at the floor. She sucked in a deep breath before looking at him. “I just keep wondering whether you’d be with me if I was untouchable. Whether you’d still want me if I hadn’t taken the cure.”

Logan’s frown lowered. “I told you before that killer skin never would have made a difference.”

Marie nodded, her eyes downcast. “I know, but I guess I just keep thinking what did. I mean, why now?”

Logan cocked his head, a low growl coming out. “You think you’re just a fuck to me?”

Marie shrugged, her arms dropping from around Logan. “I don’t know. I mean it’s not like we ever talk about it.”

“We’re talking now.”

Marie turned her head, trying to look at anything but him. “So, do you…” She took a breath, summoning the courage to look at him. “Do you love me?”

Logan’s face didn’t change as he held her gaze. “Yes.”

Marie’s lips parted, she hadn’t really thought that his answer would be put that simply. “Even if—“

Logan cut her off. “Even if you were all untouchable and you could kill me when we kissed.” He looked at her, raising an eyebrow. “Anything else?”

Marie smiled nervously, shaking her head. “No.”

Logan’s eyebrow was still raised. “Somethin’ you want to say to me?”

She tilted her head, eyebrows drawn in confusion.

Logan let out an exasperated sigh. “Three words, darlin’. Second one starts with ‘l’.”

Marie had the decency to look mortified. “Logan, I’m so sorry.”

Logan was starting to grow impatient. “Don’t be sorry, just say the damn words and we can declare this conversation over.”

Marie smiled, rising on tiptoes. “I love you.”

“Damn straight.” He turned his head when she went to kiss him. “Sorry, darlin’ but there’s something we gotta do first.” He took her hand, leading her from the bathroom to the bedroom. “Tell me you still got some scarves.” He started opening and closing drawers with his other hand. “And gloves. We’ll need them too.

Marie watched him. “Scarves are hanging in the wardrobe, gloves are in that drawer.” She pointed to the tallboy in the corner. “Why?”

He pulled her along, opening the closet. His fingers rubbed each of the scarves until he gave a grunt of satisfaction. He pulled an Ivory coloured gauze scarf out, slinging it over his shoulder as he headed to where she said the gloves would be.

He picked a pair of her old opera gloves, handing them to her. “Put these on.”

Marie looked at him confused, but did as he instructed. She watched him rifle through his duffle bag by the bed.

He gave her smug smile as he pulled out a pair of leather gloves. “Knew I still had these for a reason.” He pulled them on as he walked back over to her.

Marie looked at her own gloved hands, then up at him. “You going to tell me what this is all about?”

Logan shook his head, taking the scarf into his hands. “Nope.” He stepped closer to her. “I’ll show you.”

He lifted the thin material over her mouth, and then pressed his lips to hers. Marie’s arms slipped around his waist and she parted her lips with a little sigh, her mind processing the feel of his tongue through the gauze. Logan steadily walked her backwards as he explored her mouth, smiling when he felt her tongue begin to push against his. He sucked on it through the material, her sweet taste still strong despite the barrier. Marie moaned, and the smell of her arousal had Logan rumbling deep in his chest.

He pulled back to look at her. Her breath was causing the scarf to puff up, and he pulled it from her mouth. She smiled at him, her brown eyes hooded as she gripped his collar, pulling him back towards her.

Logan shook his head. Marie frowned, but smiled as he gripped her hips and lifted her up, pressing her against the side of the wardrobe. She hooked her legs around him as his hands pushed up the short skirt she was wearing. His upper body held her in place as he slipped a hand between their bodies, two gloved fingers pushing aside her panties.

“Fuck, Marie. You’re wet already.” He felt her hot and pulsing through the leather, his fingers sliding between her silky folds. He rubbed her clit, making her arch off the wall as she gripped his shoulders. She tilted her hips into his touch, and he pushed them inside her with a growl. “And so damn tight.”

Marie gave him a lopsided smile, her eyes hooded as she rocked against his fingers. She moaned when his thumb began massaging her clit. One hand slipped from his shoulders and her fingers blindly sought the scarf he still held. She pulled it from his grip, using both hands to place it over his mouth. She captured his mouth, greedily pushing her tongue past his lips. Logan curled his fingers inside her, making her moan. Her head fell back, but her hands still held the scarf in place over his lips and he took the opportunity to suck on the tender flesh of her throat.

“Logan.”

He looked up at the sound of her voice. Her eyes sparkled beneath dark lashes.

“I want you inside me.” She clenched her inner muscles around his fingers, and her hands moved down to unhook his belt. Her fingers made short work of the button fly and her gloved hand closed around his engorged length. “Now, sugah.”

Logan hissed out a breath as she stroked his cock, making the scarf flutter. He shook it from his face, his hand slipping from between her legs. “Back pocket, only don’t put it on.”

Marie smiled, her slender fingers finding the foil packet. Logan took it from her taking it between his teeth as he gripped her hip harshly. “Don’t move.”

He released a claw, cutting a slit in her underwear. He sheathed the claw and tore the foil packet open with his teeth before rolling on the latex with one hand. Marie’s hands gripped his collar and he thrust into her, nostrils flaring as her musk shot up. He pulled out, and thrust back in deep. Marie moaned and started rocking her hips, trying to get him in deeper. He pound into her hard, causing the wardrobe to move a couple inches. Both of Marie’s arms went up and she gripped the top of the closet, clenching around Logan. He groaned, his hands slipping from her hips to her ass as he felt her begin to pulse around him. Marie looked down, finding Logan watching her with dark eyes. A scream tore from her throat and she came hard. Logan growled as he continued to thrust into her, watching her mouth form a silent ‘o’ as her body shuddered. A strangled moan escaped her throat as the sensation became to much and she climaxed again. Logan grunted as he finally let himself go over the edge, the relief rolling through him as he came.

Marie’s arms dropped onto his shoulders, and she looked down at him. Her breath was coming out in ragged gasps and her heart thundered in her chest. Logan grinned, finally letting her kiss him without the scarf.

Marie giggled when they broke apart. “You’re pretty good at this spur-of-the-moment stuff.”

Logan smirked. “Not really. Been thinking about this for a while.”

Marie’s laughter died in her throat. She looked at him shocked. “Really?”

He nodded. “Really.”

Suddenly her mouth curved into a wicked smile. “So what else did you think up to get around my former mutation?”

“I’ll show you.”