Author's Chapter Notes:
Thanks to Jenn for the beta work.
The first sound that broke through Marie’s dream was the alarm clock. The second sound was an angry growl, closely followed by said alarm clock smashing against the wall. She smiled, rolling over and burying her head in between Logan’s outstretched arm and chest, her hand stroking the hair on his chest. He smelt like warmth and sleep and she could definitely get used to waking up next to him.

“Ya’ll know there’s an off-switch, rahght?” Her voice was thick with sleep, causing her accent to become exaggerated.

Logan grunted, his arm curling around her. “Ya know there’s better ways to wake up, right?”

Marie lifted her head, her hair obscuring her vision, but she could still make out the smirk on his lips. “Oh yeah?”

Logan nodded, his eyes still closed. Marie’s head turned as she pushed her hair out of her face, and her eyes widened as she took in the sight of Logan’s lower body saluting the morning air. She bit her lip and smiled, turning her head back towards his face and planting a tender kiss on his torso.

Logan let out a growl of a very different nature, his eyes opening and looking at her as his hand slid down to rest on her hip. “Much better ways.”

“Sorry sugah, but Ah got classes to get to.” She pushed away from him, about to get out of the bed when Logan’s hand closed around her wrist. “Hey!”

Logan raised an eyebrow. “Hey? Hey yourself, darlin’. No way you’re getting’ outta this bed that easily.”

He yanked her back towards him, his hand tangling itself in her hair as he pulled her mouth to his. Marie moaned as she placed a hand on his chest for balance, her lips parting to accept his tongue.

When they broke apart, she was having trouble breathing. “Ah really have ta go ta class, Logan.” She bit her lip as his hand slid up her body, his thumb brushing over her nipple. “Ah mean it… Ah really have ta…”

Logan smiled; his eyes watching her as she tilted her head back while his hand kneaded her breast, little sighs escaping her lips. “You have to what, darlin’?”

Marie brought her head back, looking at him with unfocused eyes. “Hmm?”

“You were saying you had to do something.” Logan kissed the creamy skin of her breast, his whiskers sending a shiver through her body. “What did you have to do?”

Marie’s brow creased, and her fingers gripped his hair as she straddled him and pushed her chest into his face. “Ah don’t remember.”

Logan smirked, latching onto a proffered nipple. Marie squirmed as he nipped and sucked, and Logan’s eyes turned dark as he smelt her arousal and felt her ass rub up against his erection.

He released the swollen nipple, his voice husky. “Tell me you got condoms.”

Marie looked down, giving him a guilty look. “In the drawer.” She reached over, twisting to open it. She sucked in a breath as Logan’s fingers slipped between her silky folds, stroking her sex. “Sugah, you’re not making it easy.”

Logan grunted, too focused on the way she pulsed under his touch. He looked up as Marie began to move, shifting herself so that she was now sitting on his thighs. She gave his cock a tentative stroke with her fingers, smiling as his hips jerked in response. Logan growled, and Marie tore the foil packet open, rolling the latex onto his hard length. When she was finished, Logan sat up and grabbed her, unceremoniously impaling her on his erection. He lifted her by the hips, guiding her into a rhythm until he felt her begin to take over, grunting as she became more confident. Her moans filled the room and he flipped them over, no longer interested in letting her control what happened. Marie gripped his shoulders and gave a loud moan as Logan slammed into her, burying himself in one thrust. She hooked her legs behind him and Logan pulled out all the way, thrusting in deep again as Marie tilted her hips, taking him in further. Logan growled as he bit the mark on her neck, turning it a deeper shade of purple as he sucked on it, thrusting into Marie as she clenched around him, his muscles trembling as he came. He managed a couple more strokes, Marie crying out as she climaxed. Logan captured her mouth, silencing her breathy moans. Marie arched off the mattress, her fingers tangling in his unruly locks as she slid her tongue over his. Logan nipped her bottom lip appreciatively, pulling out of her carefully as he collapsed on the bed next to her.

Marie sighed. “You were right. Much better.”

“Better believe it, darlin’.” Logan got off the bed, padding over the waste paper basket by Marie’s desk.

Marie watched his ass appreciatively, her hand running over the smooth skin of her stomach as she enjoyed the post-coital afterglow.

“Ah, Marie?”

She frowned at the note of uneasiness in his voice. “Yeah, sugah?”

Logan turned to face her, inclining his head towards the trash. “You should probably know the condom broke.”

Marie propped herself up on her elbows, her frown deepening. “What?”

Logan ran a hand through his hair, trying to tame it. “There was a tear.”

Marie was now off the bed, coming towards him on shaky feet. “Tell me this is your idea of a bad joke.” Her eyes widened when he shook his head. “Logan, how can you look so calm?”

He raised his eyebrow and shrugged, crossing his arms over his chest. “’Cause we don’t actually know that anything happened.”

Marie shifted her weight from foot to foot, trying to find something to do with her hands. In the end she placed them on her hip, giving Logan a menacing look when she caught him smirking at her naked body.

“I’m in the middle of havin’ a nervous breakdown and you’re standing there leering at me! What the fuck, Logan?” She shoved him, not doing much other than making him look at her with amusement. “Do you want to be a daddy? Are you ready for that?” She started pacing back and forth, stopping only to glare at him some more. “And quit fuckin’ laughin’ at me ya canucklehead. I’m about ready to find out if you’re manhood will grow back or not.”

The amusement disappeared from Logan’s face. “Marie—”

“Don’t be all ‘Marie’ with me, sugah. You fuckin’ did this to me. And what are we gonna do, huh? You got a plan, Wolverine? You got some way of dealing with me getting pregnant?” She turned to face him. “So come on, Wolvie. Let’s hear whatcha got.”

“You’d move in with me at the mansion.”

Marie raised an eyebrow. “Oh really? That’s your big plan is it? Me moving back to the mansion. What if I don’t want to? What if I was happy here, Logan?” Her voice started to crack. “What if I was actually enjoying my life for a fucking change?”

Logan stepped forward, grabbing her shoulders. “Marie, calm the fuck down. We don’t know anything yet.”

Marie screamed in frustration, breaking out of his grip and storming into the bathroom. The sound of the door slamming echoed through the apartment and Logan was left standing in her bedroom wondering exactly what he had done wrong to incur the wrath of the powers that be.

He grabbed his jeans, pulling them on as he stood outside the bathroom door. “Marie, open the damn door.”

“Fuck off, Logan!”

Logan sighed, leaning against the door. “Darlin’, don’t you think you’re overreacting just a little bit here?”

The bathroom door wrenched open and Logan was faced with a furious Marie. Apparently he’d just dropped himself in the shit even further.

“Overreacting? I’m overreacting?” She stormed past him back into the bedroom. “He thinks I’m overreacting.”

Logan glanced around, looking to see who she was talking to. He watched as she randomly pulled on bits of clothing until she stopped in front of the mirror.

She howled in annoyance at the sight of the inside out t-shirt and pyjama pants. “I can’t go to class looking like this.”

Logan came up behind her. “So don’t go to class.”

Marie looked up, meeting his eyes reflected in the mirror. “I’m going to go to class, Logan.”

He nodded. “Okay, so just put something else on.”

Marie huffed, looking around. “Well, what do you think makes a good ‘I might end up pregnant 'cause my stupid boyfriend broke the damn condom’ outfit?”

Logan hooked his arm around her waist, holding her against him as he rest his chin on the top of her head, looking at her in the mirror. “You look good in anything.”

Marie gave him a half-hearted smile. “Except this.”

Logan wrapped his other arm around her. “Especially this.”

Marie sighed, placing her hand over his. “I still can’t wear it to college.”

“I know.”

She met his reflected gaze. “And I’m still pissed at you.”

Logan grinned. “I know.”