Author's Chapter Notes:
Thanks to Jenn for the beta. Another little time jump for this. It's also a sort little bridging chapter.
Marie sat curled up on the sofa. An open book lay long forgotten on her lap as she watched the rain come down outside, the water beating against the window. She turned her head at the sound of the door opening, smiling at the sight of Logan shaking the rain from his hair. He set the paper bag on the table, returning her smile as she closed the book and set it aside to make her way over to him. The long grey sweater she wore stopped just above her knees, and he looked at her legs in appreciation before wrapping his arms around her in a comforting embrace.

Marie buried her face in his chest, breathing in his scent before releasing him to grab plates for the Chinese food. She set the mismatched crockery down on the little table in the small kitchen area, giggling as Logan snaked an arm around her waist and nuzzled her hair. He released her to grab two beers from the fridge, sitting as she opened the bag of take-out.

The sound of the heavy rain outside filled the comfortable silence they shared, interrupted only by the noises of satisfaction Marie occasionally made as she savoured her meal.

Logan brought the bottle of beer to his lips, pausing when she looked at him.

Marie’s chopsticks hovered over her plate as she looked at him thoughtfully. “I think I’m ready.”

Logan took a long sip, regarding her. He knew what she was talking about, but asked the question anyway. “Ready for what, darlin’?”

Marie picked up some chicken and popped it into her mouth. “To go back. We’ve been here long enough. I’m ready.”

Logan nodded. “We’ll leave first thing tomorrow.”

She looked at him, slightly surprised. “You don’t mind?”

He chuckled quietly. "Marie, we came to Seattle for you to heal, I wasn't expecting it to be a permanent change. If you think you're ready, we'll go back."

Marie reached across, stealing some of his pork. “You’re not even going to ask?”

He tilted his head. “Ask what?”

“If I meant the mansion or college.”

Logan picked up his beer, taking another sip. “Doesn’t matter much to me, so long as it means you’ll be happy.”

Marie smiled, nodding once as if that concluded the conversation. “Good. So, can I have some more of your pork?”