Logan felt a spark of pride go through him as he watched Marie sprint out of the training room door. He only hesitated for a moment before stalking after her in pursuit. The rest of the class could only look at each other in disbelief before heading, almost as one, out of the room and after the pair. Jubilee succinctly summarized the feelings of the entire group when she said, “dude, this is sooooo gonna rock.”

Marie navigated the lower levels at a dead run using the precious few seconds of her head start to the fullest. Forgoing the elevator she practically flew up the stairs in an effort to escape the close confines of the lower levels. She had the vague idea of heading towards the garage in the hope of reaching a vehicle to escape before Logan caught up to her. She knew in a prolonged chase she could never outrun the Wolverine, his stamina and tracking skills would always win in the end.

Finally reaching the main level she could hear Logan on the stairs behind her and took off down the corridor and around the nearest corner. An idea struck her as recognition of her location finally registered. Making a snap decision she turned down a hallway, now racing away from the garage and towards one of the classrooms.

Breathing hard and with a stitch in her side she hit the door full force and burst into the room. The startled faces of a dozen freshman geometry students, and one surprised X-Man, greeted her entrance. Scotts hand had immediately gone toward his visor only to realize he wasn’t wearing one. His shock turned to puzzlement to see Rogue panting before him.

Before he could so much as open his mouth to ask her what was going on Rogue darted forward putting his body between her and the door. A scant moment later the door burst open again, this time revealing a feral looking Wolverine.

“You’re just delaying the inevitable kid. Ya really think that Cyke could protect ya?”

For her part Marie was panting hard and trying not to pass out. She finally huffed, “In a real fight yeah, I think that Mr. Summers would protect me.” At this point the rest of the seniors had caught up to the duo and crowded into the already full classroom. Scott, completely at a loss, finally asked, “What the hell is going on and why are you all interrupting my class?”

Logan tisked, “Language Scooter, you wouldn’t want to corrupt all these impressionable youths.” Logan flicked his gaze over to Scott before explaining curtly, “First day of training.”

Scott looked irritated and confused, “And you need to do that in my classroom?”

Logan narrowed his eyes at the younger man and instead nodded towards Marie. “Well that would really be a question for the kid here.”

The moment that Scott shifted his gaze to the young woman standing behind him Logan took advantage of the distraction and leapt forward. Easily sidestepping Summers, he moved toward Marie but she had already took off again, this time out the sunroom doors and across the great lawn. The seniors all moved quickly to follow and were soon joined by the students of Scotts’ geometry class who had been avidly watching the action.

With a muttered, “Dammit Logan,” Scott had no choice but to leave his empty classroom and chase the growing throng.

Knowing she had to get out of the open as quickly as possible Rogue ran as hard as she could toward the relative safety of the woods behind the school. Despite her speed she was nowhere near fast enough to outrun a determined Wolverine. Fifty yards shy of her goal she felt a strong arm latch around her waist and send her tumbling to the soft grass below.

While Rogue was still stunned from the fall, Logan quickly moved to pin her down and finish the lesson. Not quite ready to give in Rogue continued to struggle under Logan’s larger frame. Twisting in his grasp she tried to get away until Logan, still mindful of her bare arms, was forced to use his knees to pin her arms to the ground leaving his crotch pretty much in Rogues face. Rogue blushed beet red at their position and immediately stopped squirming. “Are we done now kid?”

~Oh god~, Marie thought as she noticed all of her classmates come to a halt beside them. Jubilee caught her eye and gave her a lascivious wink and a ‘thumbs up.’ Realizing that Logan was still waiting for an answer she gave an exhausted, “Yeah.”