Author's Chapter Notes:
Summary: she promised herself that it would all change, they would have a good life, a fresh start.
Title: Unconditional 10/10
Author: sharonmjl47
Rating: NC-17
Category: Movieverse./AU
Disclaimer: I own nothing, and no one. Sad, isn’t it!
Feedback: Please, bad or good. If no one tells me it’s bad, I won’t know!

**********************

Scott stared into the fridge and sighed. He was tired. The last month had been hard, more emotionally than physically for him, but it was still hard. There had been a lot of explaining to be done, mountains of paperwork and countless sleepless and restless nights. Most of those nights had been spent sitting beside Logan’s hospital bed, listening to the unsettling sound of machines beeping and whirring to keep him breathing until he was well enough to do it on his own. It had been awful to sit and watch and wait for any sign that Logan was alive. Jean came everyday but couldn’t stay more than fifteen minutes each time; she found it too hard and begged Scott to stay in her place. He had, and spoke to Marie most days.

About halfway through the second week, he’d been asleep in the armchair and when he had woken up Logan was slowly regaining consciousness and trying to pull out his ventilation tube, he was too weak to manage it and the doctors did it for him. After a while of rest he was grumbling and swearing at the nearest nurse that he was fine and didn’t need all the scaffolding.

Scott grabbed the bottle of beer in front of him and called to his daughter. “Ellie…” She ran in from the garden, her red ponytail swinging happily behind her. “Here, take this to your uncle and tell him to quite moaning.”

“Yes, daddy.” She laughed as she ran back out to Logan with his beer. Scott looked at them through the window. Logan was sprawled on a sun lounger in his normal jeans. Because of the hot sun, he had taken his shirt off and laid there bare-chested. The only difference was the walking stick propped up by his side and the heavy strapping across part of his chest. He had taken off the simple cloth sling his arm had been in.

They’d picked him up from the hospital that morning. He shouldn’t be out yet, but he had insisted he’d had enough and discharged himself. He hated being poked and prodded and examined, ‘till he had just said, ‘Right that’s it, let me out!’ He had complained and moaned all the way from the hospital. He was tired, aching, and he hadn’t even seen Marie. He had spoken to her and Warren on the phone several times, but he hadn’t actually seen them. Scot had heard him talking to Marie about their future and what they wanted.

She couldn’t go to the hospital, they had been kept in a safehouse, while Markham was brought to trial. Internal Affairs had insisted on it being done quickly, given the nature of the case and the potential fallout for the police force if the press got hold of the details. Scott was positive that was another reason Logan wanted out of the hospital today: the trial had been held over the past two weeks and now it was all over. Even though it was very unusual for it all to be completed so quickly, it was finally over and done with. Marie and Warren were safe.

Markham pleaded not guilty and refused to answer any of the questions asked him. Unluckily for him, the goon that Scott and Logan had arrested miraculously remembered everything he had heard while working for Markham, Palmer and Creed. Markham had been on a trip to Vegas when he met Palmer; he had still been working in Seattle and had gone for the gambling and his taste for young girls. He had known Creed for around 10 years. Creed found his girls for him, for a fee, and got rid of them when he was finished. Palmer saw an opportunity to make money, and Markham basically exploited that for his own end. They worked together, using Creed to find the girls and in some cases little boys too, then farmed them out to the porn industry overseas or for sex, and Markham could get his kicks for free, saying he was ‘breaking them in’ for what was to come.

The court was a closed court, but the judge and jury were disgusted. Scott had given evidence, and a statement by Logan was read to the Court, as well as a statement taken by a social worker for Warren. With all that combined with the testimony from Marie and the goon, Markham was given a life sentence with no chance of parole.

Scott had sat there through the whole thing, and he had hugged Marie afterwards. She had asked after Logan, and they had talked about his recovery and how he was getting pissed off being in hospital. Soon after, she was taken back to the safehouse to collect Warren and all her things.

Their police chief had come to the hospital and given them both a severe dressing down for their actions. For taking a witness, i.e. Marie, to the scene of a crime and endangering her life, for leaving another vulnerable witness unguarded, i.e. Warren, for taking off their badges and going after Markham, for going after Markham period, not requesting backup or even informing Internal Affairs of their plan. Scott knew they were both lucky not to have to face disciplinary action. God, they were both lucky to be alive. The chief had decided to be lenient as Markham was brought down and his organised paedophilia was over.

Scott sighed again, but smiled as a delicate pair of hands encircled his waist from behind. “Hey, penny for them?”

“Just thinking about things and how they could have turned out very differently.” He turned and kissed his wife gently.

“I got my brother and my husband back in one piece. It turned out fine to me.” They both turned towards the front of the house when they heard the car pull up and the horn honk. She smiled, practically bouncing in front of him, and he rolled his eyes. “You distract him, and I’ll get the door.”

Scott huffed and walked out into the garden to hear Ellie giggling uncontrollably while Logan tickled her. “Uncle Logan, no more! Please!”

“Logan, put her down. You’ll tear your stitches out, for Christ’s sake.”

Logan put Ellie the right way up, and she laughed as she ran off to play on her swing set. Logan stretched and held his arm. “Scott, my chest is just sore. The rest of me feels fine.” To prove his point, he circled his arm over his head. He winced a little, but the pain was minimal. “See, no problem.”

Scott shook his head and picked up Logan’s shirt, tossing it at him. “Put your shirt on. We have visitors.”

Logan put his shirt on and started to button it up. “Visitors. Who?”

Scott never got to answer. Jean’s voice cut through and called to Ellie, “Ellie, you have a visitor.”

Logan chuckled. “Oh, she’s got a friend round to play, huh? Guess you don’t want me to give her mother a show. I mean, I wouldn’t want her fawning all over my injuries. You know, the ones I got saving the world.” He chuckled again at his own joke.

Scott crossed his arms and frowned. “Logan please, you couldn’t even save yourself.”

“Oh, I don’t know. He did a pretty good job before he got himself shot!” Both men turned at the sound of a female voice.

Logan smiled, revealing his teeth in a dazzling and genuine smile of relief and happiness. “Marie!” He limped the three steps it took to get to her and winced as he wrapped his arms around her and held her tightly to his chest.

Scott wandered inside as Marie spoke into Logan’s chest. “Are you ok?”

She untangled herself from him, and she couldn’t help her gaze from sweeping over his large frame. He noticed and smirked, stepped back a little, scratching the back of his neck. “I am now, darlin’. Where’s Warren?”

“He’s inside, Jean wanted him to meet Ellie.” He smiled at her then frowned and ran his finger down and through a white streak of hair that was now framing her face.

She gasped slightly, and her eyes darted to watch his finger and then back to his face, blushing furiously at the fact that an ‘almost’ touch from him could make her gasp. “Let’s just say I’m never letting Jubes do my hair again.” The white streaks framed her pale face and looked exotic against her shining brown hair. She had straightened it, it shined and hung close against her shoulders perfectly.

He nodded. “I kinda like it.” He brushed his fingers through it again. When they ran out of hair, he held them close to her and traced up her collarbone to her neck and then her cheek, before slipping into the back of her hair. His other hand fiddled with her jacket and finally came to rest on her hip, pulling her towards him. Her eyes were glued to his as he caressed her hair, and then she smiled as he gently traced her bottom lip with his thumb. “We kinda need to talk, don’t we?”

He watched as she bit her lip and nodded. He wanted to be her teeth; they were lucky. They had her plump, wet bottom lip trapped between them. He watched as it was gently released. He couldn’t stop himself: he kissed her quick and hard, the grip on her cheek and hip increasing with his desire.

She pushed on his chest. “Mmm… yeah.” He backed away from her just as Warren ran out into the garden.

“Hey mom, look, Ellie has a PSP just like mine, and it can connect with mine, and we can play Super Mario against one another and …. Oh hi, Officer Howlett.”

“Hi ya, kid. How ya doing?” Logan smiled down at the boy, who beamed up at him, hero-worship evident on his little face.

Warren stood up straight and squared his shoulders a little. He wanted to look big and strong for Logan. He knew how much he liked his mother, and he certainly knew how much she liked him, so he wanted him to stick around. “I’m good, sir.” Logan looked at Warren and then back to his mother. He smirked, and then he slung his arm across the boy’s shoulders and walked him to the sun lounger to sit down. Marie held back but watched them closely. He sat down, wincing a little, and Warren sat next to him.

“You alright, sir?”

Logan chuckled. “Quit the ‘sir’. I keep telling you to call me Logan.”

Warren smiled. “Ok. Logan.”

“Last month or so has been a little crazy, hasn’t it?”

“A little.”

Marie sat down the other side of Warren and out her arm around him.

“But you ok with everything? Understand why it all happened the way it did?”

Warren shrugged. “I guess. Mom explained about my grandparents.”

“I’m sorry Warren, I really am. I’m sorry that we couldn’t stop that, couldn’t help and ….end this quicker for you. There was a lot of things that your father shouldn’t have done, but it’s over now.”

“Mom said that you saved her life.”

Logan smiled and didn’t really know what to say. “Kinda, yeah. I promised, remember?” Marie looked a little puzzled when she heard him say that. She hadn’t realised that they had had any kind of conversation where Logan could promise him anything.

“Yeah, I remember. You said before that you wanted to stick around, are you still gonna?”

“Straight to the point, huh, kid? Look, I know it’s been just you and your mom for a while, but I would like to be around as well. I want to be in your life. But me and your mom have to make sure you’re ok with that.”

Warren looked quickly at his mother, then back to Logan. “She likes watching movies on the couch, what about you?”

“Movies are good. None of that romantic stuff though.” Warren shook his head and giggled. “I would like to get to know you a little more. We could do stuff together, if you wanted. I know you said before you liked some sports and bikes?”

“Yeah, I like bikes, but mostly I like lizards and reptiles. But not spiders.” He pulled a nasty face at the thought of spiders. Marie smiled brightly at the two of them, liking the way they got on easily.

“Nah, spiders aren’t a good thing, not so keen on them myself. But hey, did you know that there is a reptile house uptown and a zoo? We could do that, maybe take Ellie, or you know, do it as a guys’ day out.”

Warren wrinkled his nose. “Ellie’s kinda clingy.”

Logan chuckled. “Yeah, she’s a little too much like her mother. Give her a week, and she’ll be picking out drapes and matching cushions!” Warren looked confused at his comment. “Never mind.”

“Are you gonna move in with us?”

Logan was slightly taken aback and smiled when Marie fielded the question. “We have talked about it, but we wanted to wait until we were back home before any permanent decisions were made.”

“Warren. I would like to be around all the time. Is that what you want?”

Warren shrugged. “There’re no more bad guys, are there?”

Logan sighed. “There’s always gonna be a bad guy, kid, but that’s what guys like me and Scott are for, to make sure they get caught and that they don’t hurt the people that we care about.”

“Mom gets lonely, and she cries sometimes. She thinks I don’t know, but I see her.” Marie was completely stunned and put her hand over her mouth; she thought that she did a good job of keeping her emotions a secret from him. “So I guess it would be ok with me, if you were there with us. She’d be happy…” He shrugged again and hugged his mother tightly. “So would I.” Warren buried his face in Marie’s shoulder and she kissed him on the top of his head. He then untangled from her got up and stood in front of Logan, looked at his mother, then back to Logan and took a deep breath. “I’m only ten. I know I’m kinda small, but, if you hurt her like he did, I’ll…I’ll find a way to...”

“Warren!” Marie stepped forward and was about to tell him off for being so rude when Logan put his hand up to stop her.

“No, Marie, he has a right to defend you.”

She sat back down so she was facing him at eye level. “Warren honey, I would never put you in that position again. I love you. And I’m never ever going to let that happen again. I know - I know I didn't always protect you, but I promise you from now on, with everything I’ve got, I will always. Warren, honey, I'm sorry for everything, I really am. Logan is not that kind of man. He's a good man, and he's not going to hurt me. He's not going to hurt either of us.”

Logan smiled at Warren and chuckled, proud of his boldness. He held out his hand to Warren. “You give me a chance to prove I’ll look after the two of you, and we have a deal?”

Warren took his hand and shook it with a brilliant smile. He kissed his mother on the cheek, then without another word, he ran back off into the house and back to his game with Ellie.

“Logan, I am so sorry. He has never been that cheeky to anyone….” Marie was completely astounded at her son’s words, she felt in a lot of ways ashamed of herself. She had willingly put her son in a position of danger by staying with a man that abused her. No wonder he thought that making threats was the way to resolve things, but she promised herself that it would all change, they would have a good life, a fresh start.

Logan took her in his arms again. “Hey, it’s fine, really. I don’t have a problem with it. The kid has every right to defend you. You’re all he has, Marie, and he’s not willing to lose that or let anyone else hurt you. You should be proud of him for it. A lot of kids would have disappeared into a little shell never to be seen again. He’s dealing with it, I do think that maybe a lot of it is all bravado and a month or so down the road he’s gonna flip out, but your amazing with him and he’ll be ok. He’s a good kid, darlin’.”

“I am proud of him, very proud.” She crossed her arms in front of her. “So, now that you and my son have life worked out, maybe we should talk?” He chuckled and sat back down on the lounger. She took off her denim jacket and sat with him.

“The big talk, huh?” He winced a little as he tried to sit comfortably.

“Yeah, the big talk.” She fiddled a little with the hem of her brown sweater. “Actually I’m not so sure that we need to have ‘the talk’. We pretty much have it sorted out. I still want you to move in, if you want to.”

“I want to, we can’t really move into mine anyway I’ve only got one bedroom, so unless you want to sleep on the couch…”

“I don’t have a problem with your couch…” she smiled cheekily and bit her lip. “In fact, I think it’s kind of comfy!”

He smirked and nodded at her. “Kinda partial to it myself. It’s nice and bouncy!”

She blushed, clearing her throat in an attempt to ignore the heat pooling at her centre at the mere thought of what happened on his couch. “Seriously though, I think getting a completely new place would be too much upheaval for Warren.”

“You’re right.” He took her hand and rubbed the sensitive spot in between her thumb and forefinger.

She cleared her throat again, complicated sentences failing her. She stuck with simple ones. “So, you definitely in with us then.”

“Look Marie, I’m not good with the amazing romantic conversations. I’m kinda blunt, and that’s about it. Trust is a big thing, *the* thing with me, and I have more than a few issues with it, but I will always be honest with you.”

She frowned a little, she knew there was something else bothering his thoughts. “There’s a ‘but’ coming, isn’t there?”

“Yeah.” He turned and sat straddled across the lounger. “Like I said to Warren, there’s always gonna be a bad guy, and I can’t help but think that living with me and this job isn’t ever going to be easy for you…”

“Hey, it’s my choice. I want to be with you. Warren wants to be with you.” She was smiling, and she was pleased that she sounded so confident and sure of herself. She had spent a lot of time over the last month dissecting how she felt about him. Now that she was here with him, she knew she loved him, unconditionally. She’d also spent a lot of time thinking about the effect all of this could or would have on Warren. She knew he needed someone who he could trust, someone who could provide stability, and she knew that Logan would stick around.

He leaned forward and kissed her, gently slipping his tongue into her mouth and savouring her taste, a taste he had missed. She pulled away from him and blushed at the reaction he brought out in her. She cursed herself. She really needed to stop all the blushing; it was starting to piss her off!

His heart felt tight, realising he did love her. “Like I said before, I don’t really do feelings and stuff, but I hope you know how I feel about you. Marie, I want this for keeps, and I’ll say it, I will, but I …..”

She touched his face. “I know. Trust is a big thing. I trust you, Logan. Let’s start there, ok? And as for the job, I think as long as you at least attempt not to get shot, I’ll be happy!”

“Trust me, I did not plan on getting shot. It really wasn’t high on my agenda, darlin’.” He leaned in close to kiss her again, but she stopped him.

“For something that wasn’t high on your agenda, sugar, you sure did a good job of it.”

He chuckled again. “Did you just call me, sugar?” He looked like a Cheshire cat that had just been given a big bowl of cream.

“Possibly. It’s a southern thing!” She flustered a little as she spoke.

He got close to her and nuzzled in her neck, pretending to ‘growl’ a little. “Well, I like a little bit of southern comfort!” He nipped her neck for good measure, making her skin come out in goose bumps.

“Get off, you big ape!” She pushed him away, her face sobering up. “Since we are being honest, there is one thing I should tell you that I haven’t and probably should have mentioned at some point over the last few weeks.”

“Ok, shoot.” He kept a hold of her hand.

“You remember when we…uh, you know on the couch?”

He chuckled at her blushing face. “Yeah!”

“Well, I said I was ‘fixed’. Well, I am, but…I…” She blew out a big breath. “Logan, I’m ‘fixed’ because after Warren, I can’t have children.”

He stroked her face and smiled; she could see a little sadness in his face. “It’s ok, darlin’. We got all we need.”

She giggled and kissed him quickly. “Ok.” He caught her bottom lip as she pulled back and sucked on it before letting it go. She giggled again. “So keep it like we agreed, a week for Warren to get settled again, and then you move you stuff in?”

“Yeah.”

“Hey!” They both jumped and turned to see Scott leaning on the back door frame. “When the two of you have stopped necking like a couple of horny teenagers, lunch is ready.”

Logan flipped him the finger. “Whatever, Scooter!”

“Why do you call him Scooter?” Logan looked at her and then Scott and smirked.

Scott pointed an angry finger at him. “You ever tell anyone that and I’ll repeat a few choice nicknames you’ve had, one of which may sound scary, but it’s nothing more than a small stinky weasel!” When both Logan and Marie started laughing at him, he huffed and went back inside.

As they agreed, a week later he arrived on her doorstep with Scott and Ellie in tow, helping him move his stuff in with hers. Most of his furniture he had sold, other stuff he put in his garage lock-up with his old motorbike, but his couch and matching armchairs he had kept. Marie had insisted: one) because it was in far better condition than her suite, and two) she said it was bouncy!

They were moving stuff here and there. Warren and Ellie spent most of the time in Warren’s room on his game console, and Scott and Logan bickered and laughed like a couple of children. Marie kept giggling at them. By lunchtime, Jubes had turned up to help. She flirted shamelessly with Scott, and he either had the good grace not to mention it or he really didn’t notice.

Jubes had brought some beers with her. She and Marie went into the kitchen to open them up while Scott and Logan moved the couch, again.

“Girl, you need to stop flirting with him. You know he’s married.”

Jubes took a swig of beer. “So, I know. Who cares?”

“Jubes, no offence and as beautiful as you are, his wife looks like a fricking supermodel.”

“Marie, my chica, there are statistically eight women in the world that look like supermodels, and eight million that don’t. Even if she is amazing-looking, I bet she has huge ears, or stinky feet, or she’s secretly an evil homicidal maniac who wants to obliterate the world into tiny little iddy biddy bits!”

Marie took a sip of her beer and pointed the neck of the bottle at Jubes. “You worry me, you really do.”

Scott poked his head into the kitchen. “Hey, the kids were getting kind of bored. I was going to take them for ice cream. You don’t mind, do you?”

“No, of course not.”

Jubes butted in. “Can you give me a lift to the diner, if you’re going past it?”

“Yes, of course.” He turned and went back into the living room to pick up his jacket and keys.

Marie pointed at Jubes again. “DO NOT grope him in the car with the kids.”

She put her hands up in defence. “Ok… I’ll wait till they get out.”

“Jubilee!” Jubes ran from the kitchen to catch up with Scott and the kids.

Walking back into the main room, a strong pair of arms appeared around her waist. “Hey, sexy.”

“Hey yourself.” She turned in his arms to kiss him. He nuzzled her neck and licked the soft spot just behind her ear. Then she hissed as he nipped it. “Mmmmm… Logan we should try and get some…ugh yeah, right there!”

He picked her up, her legs wrapping around him instinctively, and walked into the bedroom while nipping and kissing her neck. When he felt the bed against his shins, he let them both fall onto it with a bounce.

As he raised himself up to take her mouth furiously, the radio that had been playing all day started to play a dance song with a heavy bass beat. Somewhere in her brain she recognised it, and she felt like it was matching her racing heartbeat.

Sliding her hands up his t-shirt felt like heaven. He stopped kissing her long enough for her to get it over his head. The second it hit the floor, he was back to her mouth, then kissing her along her jaw back to her neck. His hands pulled apart her thin purple blouse and cupped her fleshy breasts, causing her to moan loudly against his cheek. He smiled, marvelling in the feel of her as well as the feeling being with her gave him.

She lifted up, and he sat back on his heels while she took off her blouse and then slowly her bra, keeping eye contact all the time. His chest was heaving up and down; she touched his chest where he had been shot, nothing more than fading yellow bruises now and an angry looking scar. She smiled; he had done that for her. Nearly died for her.

When she lay down under him again, he just looked his fill at her. She watched as his eyes roamed over every inch of her chest, face and neck. He smiled and lowered himself slowly so that he could lick her nipples. He sucked and licked on one until it went firm in his mouth, then he swapped to the other until it did the same.

She moaned and writhed under him as he nipped and licked his way back up to that perfect spot behind her ear. She tried to stop him by pushing her face against him, but he knew she liked it. Slipping one hand into the back of her hair, he yanked her head back out of the way, so he could suck on her skin and mark it to his heart’s content.

He heard her gasp and briefly wondered if it was too much after everything she had been through. He probably shouldn’t be rough with her, but then her body arched into his, and he could feel the heat of her core through all the denim, and he knew it wasn’t too much. It was just enough.

Her hands skimmed down his chest and began to open his jeans. He had kicked off his shoes ages ago along with his socks, so when she pushed his jeans down, he got them the rest of the way off without any trouble. He let go of her hair and her breast and undid her jeans, yanked them off her toned legs taking her panties with them without breaking their steamy kisses. She hadn’t had shoes on all day so it was easy.

He slid down her body, kissing all the way. When he reached her triangle of soft curls, he nuzzled into her and sucked hungrily on her clit. She arched into him, nearly off the bed, and gasped his name. She had never had this done to her, and her naivety was leading to curiosity. She sat up so she could see what he was doing. She watched as he sucked and licked at her, sending shockwaves through her every time he got her clit. One hand held her up off the bed, and she had the other one buried in his unruly hair, holding him to her as her hips bucked onto his lips and tongue uncontrollably.

She gave a sharp shout and collapsed onto the bed when she couldn’t hold off her orgasm any longer. She lay there panting and smiled hazily as Logan kissed his way back up to her lips, moaning when his lips met hers, and his tongue pushed hungrily into her mouth.

Gripping her thigh, he smiled against her lips as he positioned himself between her splayed legs. He pulled away from her lips. He wanted to ask her if she was sure, if this was definitely what she wanted, but the words never came, and he could only stare into her eyes. She smiled gently and wound her arms around his neck, pulling him back for another kiss. She raised her thigh to brush against his skin, and he couldn’t hold back any longer. One thrust, and he was in her completely.

He stayed still for a second or two and then begun thrusting into her sharply, his rapid breath making her lips hot. His hand found its way back into her hair, gripping her so her head was tipped back and he could lick her throat. The other hand was on her thigh; he slid it forward to her hip and dug his fingers in as he brought her hips back to meet him.

She dug her fingers into his biceps and screamed his name as she came. He moaned loudly into her neck and slammed into her one last time before collapsing onto her, both of them breathing heavily.

Logan rolled to the side and took her with him. She snuggled closer and kissed the top of his nose as he spoke. “I didn’t mean to be like that.”

“How did you mean to be, then?”

“Slow, careful with you. I don’t ever want to hurt you, and I sure as hell don’t want to scare you.”

She slid on top of him and straddled his groin. “I love you. And I trust you. Slow and careful’s nice, but that was damn good, too. I want to experience everything with you Logan, good and bad and there’s gonna be stuff that’ll hurt and stuff that’ll scare me, but I trust you, with all of it.”

He quickly switched their positions so he was on top again. “Good. ‘Cause I love you, too.”

He kissed her, and she could feel his erection start to build next to her thigh. He was about to kiss her when the door opened and Scott’s voice called out. “Hey, we’re back, got snow cones for everyone! Hello?”

Her eyes went wide, and they both flew off the bed in search of their clothes, in unison saying the same thing. “SHIT!”

********END