Author's Chapter Notes:
Set ten years in the future, post X2. This was written in response to the following challenge issued by Lateo: Write a story that begins with the line "Under her red velvet dress, she had bruises and no panties." Many story ideas popped into my head when I read the challenge, and I'm just now getting them all out. Enjoy!
Under her red velvet dress, she had bruises and no panties. Her hair was a tangled mess, hanging limply around her face. The dress was crinkled, velvet showing lines where it was bunched earlier. Her big brown eyes slightly more haunted than normal as she carefully scanned the hallway in which she was walking.

No one else was awake as she crept through the hall. Her bare feet soundless on the wood floor. Black strap heels dangled precariously in numb fingers in her right hand. She walked the halls without the aid of lights, knowing the route back to the room she shared with her husband. Silently she turned the knob, pushing the door open, and stepping inside the room. She welcomed the darkness and comfort of her bedroom.

A gentle snoring came from the bed where her husband lay asleep and unaware of his wife's presence, or prior lack of. She slipped past the bed headed for the bathroom. It wasn't until she had the door closed behind her that she let out the breath she had been holding. Quietly she set down her shoes and then quickly stripped out of her dress. Her pale skin was bare except for the bruises coloring her hips, thighs, butt and breasts from *his* hands and *his* mouth. She would have to keep things well hidden from her husband. Dress and shoes forgotten on the floor she turned on the shower, causing steam to fill the bathroom, and stepped in.

The shower water caressed her body, washing away *his* fingerprints, *his* kisses, *his* scent. Only she could still smell *him* after the shower ended, but as long as her husband didn't her job was done.

Stepping out of the shower, wringing her hair dry, and wrapping a towel around her slender form she carefully gathered up her dress and shoes. The shoes would be put back in the closet with the rest of her collection. The dress would be shoved to the bottom of her dirty clothes bin, hiding its use. She would have the dress dry cleaned once he left in the morning and have it back in her closet by the next day.

Sliding into her nylon body suit, pulling long-sleeve pajamas on over top, she headed for bed. She slid under the covers, moving closer to her husband. He shifted in his sleep, an arm coming up and wrapping around her waist. She stared down at his gloved hand and covered arm. He was always so prepared with her. Ready to deal with her mutation all the time.

She wondered how he would react if he found out she had learned to control it. How he would feel to know that she had done so years prior. And the only person who knew had survived her touch countless times prior. How would her husband react to learning that she had been having an affair with *him* for years. Years before she was married, and most of the time that *he* had been involved with *his* current spouse. It would destroy her husband to know how unbelievably she had betrayed him, their marriage, and their vows.

She knew she should stop. End the affair. Salvage what was left of her marriage. But she couldn't. The thought of losing *him* made her terrified. She knew that she would never be able to leave *him* alone, just as *he* her.

They were bound together. Eternally. A promise made long ago but never forgotten.

But they were stuck to meetings and moments in secret. Sexual exploits slipped in whenever possible. And little red velvet dresses with cheap – disposable – panties that drove *him* wild to able to tear off her.

She sighed as she carefully snuggled in bed with her husband, making sure no skin was touching.

She was going to get caught.

And Bobby was never going to forgive her.