Logan and Remy got back to the house just in time for yet another ‘Summers Intervention’.

“Look Scott, you come here every few months expecting me to pack up my life and move back to Westchester, but I’m not interested… this is my home now.”

“Home?! Wake up and smell the sex, you live in a stable!”

Alex didn’t flinch at his brother’s harsh words, “So I should be more like you then, huh? Living off of Dad’s money?”

Scott’s face went stone cold as he addressed the accusation, “Careful.”

Gary who’d heard yelling, came running in. He stopped when he saw the two brothers at a stand-off.

“Hey kid, get outta’ here! I told you before, you’re bad for business.”

“Fuck you and your business Gary! I‘m tired of you exploiting my little brother for profit.”

“Exploiting?! Alex came to me! And that was *after* your bastard father left him without a leg to stand on!”

Gary had hardly finished the sentence before Scott landed a punch to his right eye.

Logan, Remy and the others who’d been watching the scene play out, rushed in to help; pulling Gary out of harms way and separating Alex’s hands from Scott’s throat.

“Don’t be comin’ round de house no more.” Yelled Remy, as Scott was thrown out onto the front stoop.

A group of women who were approaching, thought better of it and returned to their cars. Piotr tried to call out to them, but the damage was already done… they had all lost out on money because of Alex’s rich boy brother.

Through an open window, Gary could see Scott; nose bloody and sun-shades broken, getting into a town car. He turned back for a moment, giving each one of the men (including Alex) a look of disgust.

“Keep it movin’ prick.” Said Logan, hitching his thumb in the other direction for emphasis.

Scott got in, but rolled down the window as the engine started up.

“You were always a little fuckin’ havoc Alex, that’s why Dad never loved you!”
-----------------------------------------------------------
Marie sat on her bed, folding an unfolding the money that Logan had given her.

~Something for nothing.~ She thought.

It was a new concept, especially in the world of prostitution where 'touch me here' and 'suck me there' was more important that 'please' and 'thank you.'

The opening of doors and clanging of jewelry, jarred Marie out of her thoughts in time to watch Jubilee and Kitty barge into her room.

“What the fuck M?!” Was the first question out of Jubilee’s mouth.

Marie stared at her in confusion and annoyance, “What?!”

“You know damn well ‘What?!’”

Kitty chimed in, “We were looking all over for you!”

Leaning against the headboard, Marie shrugged, “Well, I’m here now, so you can chill.”

Jubilee glared at her, then turned to Kitty, “Oh okay, she’s here now, so I guess the fact that she disappeared for two hours and had me popping blood vessels left and right looking for her sorry ass doesn’t matter… It’s not fuckin' okay M! You said to give you a sec and the next thing I know, you’re gone! I swear the first thought to cross my mind had me and Kit finding you dead in the fuckin’ deli dumpster! And who the fuck was that guy?!”

A long moment passed before Marie, seemingly unaffected by Jubilee’s rant, gave a name, “It was Logan.”

Kitty was the first to sober, “Who?”

“The guy I met that night at 'Males for Sale'.”

“The one you ‘didn’t’ fuck?”

Marie got defensive, “We didn’t! I know it’s hard to believe that two people can be in a room together and have sex, but it’s wasn’t like that!” She started to cry and Jubilee began to regret her choice of words.

“I’m sorry, if you say it didn’t happen then I believe you, I do. But what did he want?”

Drying her eyes, Marie tried to tell her friends what happened, “I hadn’t told him what I did for a living, but he found out. I don’t know how, maybe he was just driving by and saw my face, but he was so angry. Told me that I was too good for the job and gave me this.” She handed Kitty the money.

Kitty gasped, “This is five-hundred dollars… why?”

Marie looked up, “So I’d quit, I guess... said we were even.”

"For what?"

"The other night... told you we didn't do nothin'."

Jubilee looked over at the semi-crinkled twenties, wondering what such a donation really meant.

“It’s like… for the first time since my first time… I felt dirty. Maybe I should get outta’ this while I still can.”

Neither Jubilee nor Kitty knew the right answer and both shared a glance; confirming that the entire situation seemed more ‘Hollywood’ than reality.

Finally one of them had the solution… or what they thought was one, “Babe… we’re goin’ to get you drunk.”
-----------------------------------------------------------
Despite the commotion that had disrupted his brooding, Logan couldn’t get the image of Marie in all her street walking glory, out of his head. And even though she was pure sex in her outfit, he was more confused then aroused.

~What went wrong?~ He thought, knowing that a prostitute wasn’t usually what little girls aspired to be.

Logan knew how he ended up at ‘Males’, but assumed Marie’s story was much different.

At 23, he met an older woman by the name of Emma Frost who ran a profitable 'business' in New York City. She offered Logan a job, and not having many options at the time... he took it. Years later, when Emma died of cancer, Gary, her son, took over.

Yet, Logan wanted to save Marie from, essentially, the same profession he was involved with.
-----------------------------------------------------------
In the common area, Alex sat sulking; switching channels on the TV set like it was going out of style. He hadn’t talked to anyone since Scott left and Gary was beginning to worry about it’s affect on the rest of the guys, and essentially the business. He went up to Remy who sat at a table playing solitaire.

“Hey, how de eye feelin’?”

“Hurts like a fuckin’ bitch, but I’ll live. I, uh… need to ask you a favor.”

“Anythin’, Remy got you.”

“Good. Then you won’t mind taking Alex out.”

Remy’s brows drew up in confusion, “Out?”

Gary clarified, “Yeah, you know, get his mind off that prick brother of his. Take him out for a beer or somethin’.”

Remy smirked, “Oh, Remy not know what you mean before. We take him out.”

“We?”

“Yeah man, Remy get Pete, Logan and de boys to go too.”