Author's Chapter Notes:
Ugh, I really didn't want to stop here but anything further would have required me making a decision about Philip and I just can't! Oh, death by indecisiveness!
-.-'
The door eased open letting the faint light of from the kitchen invade the pitch black space. She stepped through the small opening then carefully closed the door behind her, shutting out the little bit of light.

Her eyes were covered with a large bandana that was securely wrapped around her face. Ripping the cloth over the back of her head she shook her hair and blinked for a few times. Her eyes immediately adjusted to the darkness and she wrapped the bandana around the palm of her hand, stuffing the loose ends into the wrists of her suit before putting both gloves on. She lowered her head and closed her eyes, obviously carefully listening to the nothingness around her.

Once she was satisfied the stillness was intact she made her way to the back of the garage. A massive masterpiece was centered in the back, hidden under a large tarp. The thick canvas was yanked hard under grasp and slide up the side of the bike then across the seat before settling at her feet. Stepping around it she kicked it to the wall and away from the tire of the revealed hog.

Another swift kick and the stand was removed making the large metal machine waver unsteadily til she gripped the handle bars. She stepped over the front tire, straddling it and leaned back. It took all her weight and careful steps backwards but the bike unhappily rolled with her across the garage floor.

Instead of taking it to the garage door she hauled it between two of Scott’s untouched foreign sports cars to the small side door at the other end. She fumbled with how to balance it while trying to press the access digits behind her. Unsuccessful, she slammed her hand on the wall, jerking her head in frustration.

She adjusted til she could lean against the wall beside the door. Stretching one leg out beside the bike she let go and the handle, letting the bike lean into her leg. She stumbled from the weight of it for a second but grabbed the trim around the door quickly correcting herself.

Sure that neither her nor the bike were going to fall she twisted her body around so that she could see the security keypad.

Her fingers quickly moved across the buttons and soon the tiny green light came on illuminating the a small square inch of the room.

Her hand slid down off the pad over the trim but was just short of reaching the door knob. She hopped on her one foot a little bit closer to the door. The extra jarring of the heavy motorcycle against her leg made her squinch her nose up but she still leaned as far as she could. Finally, she was able to wrap her fingers around it and with a sharp twist of her wrist the door fell completely open.

She lowered her leg, and wrapped both of them around the front tire to secure the bike from falling. That left her hands free to gather her long hair up into a pony tail high on top of her head. Next she brought the battered tags that hung around her neck to her lips and after a light kiss put them inside her body suit then zipped it the rest of the way up.

The bike didn’t go through the doorway willingly. The handle bars knocked several times against the doorframe, refusing to go out. It took some wiggling and a few more dents in the wood around the door before it relented and allowed her to pull it out of the garage.

A quick flash of metal shattered the grainy green image, sending sparks out of the monitor.

“I can’t believe she did that,” Marie said quietly from behind Logan. She was now fully covered in an added pair of sweat pants under the flannel shirt.

“I can,” he growled, retracting the claws back into his arm. He turned to Beast, who was trying to stay far out of the way. “What time was this?”

“Um..” The large blue doctor came forward tentatively and ejected the tap from the player. “The tap was from midnight to three, so probably some time between two and two-thirty this morning.”

“Maybe she just went out to blow off some steam,” Marie suggested. “She was pretty upset after the other night. We all were.”

“With guns strapped to her hips?” Logan huffed, cocking an eyebrow at her.

She crossed her arms over her chest and shifted her weight onto one leg. “Well I wouldn’t be surprised. She is *your* daughter.”

“Oh, I see how it is. When she’s cleaning up in the Danger Room or reading to the little brats or something she’s yours. But when she’s stealing property and toting firearms she’s my kid!” He snapped back.

“Oh, please. Like she got that from me?!” She twisted a lock of platinum hair around her finger, an obviously sarcastically vacant look came onto her face, “...Which one of us just destroyed the security room t.v...?”

He pointed to the mentioned totaled equipment, “She stole my fucking bike!”

“I saw, Logan. But that stupid ass motorcycle is not what I’m worried about.”

His jaw dropped, “Did you just call my bike stupid? That ain’t what you said the other day when--”

“Logan!” She interrupted him. Sighing she stepped closer to him and leaned into his chest, running her hands lightly up and down his arms. “Pay attention for me, sugah, okay? Ricochet, the girl you wanted to make sure you got home safely? The same one who snuck out all cat burglar with automatic weapons attached to her? And is probably more than a little upset?..”

“Those weren’t automatic--” He stopped when she narrowed her eyes at him. “Alright, calm down, darlin’. She’s been gone, what, five maybe six hours? How much trouble could she get in?” He rationalized trying to reassure her.

“Again. I repeat: She’s *your* daughter.”

“First off, she ain’t MY daughter. Second, if one of us has a talent for getting in trouble its you, kid. Fucking little Timmy gets rescued less than you do.”

“And yet LASSIE isn’t always giving him shit for it.”

“I’m not giving you shit, I’m just saying--”

“Excuse me,” Beast stopped the bickering pair, lightly laying a hand on Marie’s shoulder and pulling them apart. “Maybe I suggest asking her friends? They seem extremely close, it is likely one of them knows something.”

“Fuck! Can I finish a sentence, please?!” He threw his hands up, eyeing both Marie and Beast.

“I think its better if you didn’t,” Marie hissed at him and pushed between the two large men, storming out of the room.

Logan watched her leave and searched for something to call after her but his mind was completely blank. Once she was gone he wheeled around to the other burly man in the room.

“Thanks the fuck a lot, Hank!”

Beast smirked and took his glasses off his face. Carefully he wiped them with a handkerchief he produced from his pocket. “I daresay, my friend, there was nothing you could have said to save yourself. Besides, she’s just upset about the girl.”

“Yeah, well, that makes two of us, bub.” He admitted and left Beast alone in the room, following out the way Marie went.