Author's Chapter Notes:
It's been forever since I've updated this. But I finally have some time! Yay! :D K, I'll put this to ya'll because I keep going back and forth on this. Does Phil have a little bit of the Phoenix in him and go crazy? Or is he just an emotional wreck of a boy? You decided. Again, sorry for the slow updates, I hope to make up for it. Enjoy.

(p.s. I added a painfully obvious hint about David's dad, for those who still wanna take a guess *g*)
"You're kidding," David's quiet voice shook slightly both from his exhaustion and the news she told him.

"Nope," Chava grabbed the small bowl of grapes that was sitting on the tray beside his bed and flopped down on the hard metal chair. "Ugh, the seat's hot! Gross..." She squirmed, wrinkling her button nose up even more. "That reminds me, where did Mrs. Ororo go?"

"She went to bed. Can we stay on topic a little bit here? Philip lost it--" he started for her.

"Oh, yeah," Chava popped two grapes into her mouth. "*Totally* psycho. I'm talking full on 'baby, you can't play with Auntie Jean today, it’s not safe' kind of psycho."

David's normally rich dark complexion paled to ash as he shook his head and tried to sit up. His body screamed in protest and he could barely groan when pain swelled in his chest and shot straight into his head, leaving him pinned to the bed. Defeated, he just concentrated on willing the pain away so he could steady his breath.

"Do you think...do you think he's going to go all Phoenix on us? I mean, did you see it?"

"No. Me and Peter were watching the International Hockey tournament in the upstairs game room. The yellow wonder told me about it. But I went and saw the damage, not to mention Rogue was pissed as hell. I haven't seen her that mad since Kyle locked the twins in the Danger Room with all the safety features turned off."

"Logan knew what they were up to; he wouldn't have let them get hurt." Philips voice made them both jump. David's eyes nearly rolled into the back of his head from the pain the sudden movement caused, but it was Chava who was dramatically clenching her chest and deeply breathing.

"Shit, Philly, knock or something."

"Sorry." he mumbled, but it was obvious it was an immediate response of his mouth because their was no emotion what so ever in his voice. Both of them watched him wearily as he strolled over to the other side of the med-lab to grab another metal and plastic chair. The legs of the chair lightly ringed out when they collided with the hard tile floor beside the bed.

“So how you doing, short stuff?” Philip asked, scooting the chair closer to the bed.

“I’m okay,” he answered quietly, even managed with some work to lift one of his shoulders slightly off the bed in a shrug.

“Yeah, you scared me shit-less, you little twerp,” the older boy’s clear blues eyes flashed briefly to the bandages covering his chest before going back up to his eyes. “What did I tell you? You’re too smart to be the hero, let us morons get killed, okay?”

“Hey!” Chava’s high pitched shriek cut through the air.

They both ignored her and David again tried to sit up and match at least half of Philip‘s classic confident stance, but to no avail. At least this time he was able to keep the whimper of pain to himself. “I’m prince of my own nation, Phil, if I want to be the hero for once I can.”

Philip huffed in laughter, but no smile spread onto his lips. “Good, be a hero for Wakanda then, not us.”

“What about you? I hear you’ve been having some trouble lately.”

‘Smooth, David.’ Chava said to herself, shaking her head.

“Fine,” he grunted in quick response.

“Good. Chava said you were bleeding pretty badly.”

Philip’s eyebrows rose at her, “Do you have to tell everything you know?”

“What?” she shot back, crossing her arms over her chest. Both boys looked at her, the corner of David’s mouth slightly tugged up. “Believe me, there’s *plenty* I keep to myself.”

“Doubt it.”

“So where’s Ricochet? She hasn’t come down to see me yet,” David pointed out, his bottom lip unconsciously coming out.

“I don’t know. I couldn’t find her.” Chava answered, leaning back into her chair and continued putting grapes in her mouth.

“I hope she’s okay...” David said quietly, unwillingly to look Philip in the eyes when he said it.

“She’s fine,” Philip answered before anyone else had a chance to.

Chava gawked at him, her brown eyes narrowing. “I saw the wall, Philly. There’s a dent the size of a damn bowling ball in it.”

“And?! She’s invincible, remember? She’s fine.”

David watched his face contort in frustration and the last thing he wanted was to upset him even more. So he lay there silently, because no matter the situation he was always on Philip’s side. And in all the years of Chava and Ricochet ganging up on their leader he never regretted it, even though Phil rarely wanted his help.

“So?!” Chava stood up, bringing herself to her full 5’2” height, startling both boys by her action. “Just because she doesn’t get hurt doesn’t mean you can throw her around like a rag doll! Shit, she’s the only one willingly to help you through your freaking emotional breakdown downs that you keep having lately as it is, and how do you thank her? Huh?!”

“Fine!” Philip clenched the side of his head, his eyes screwing tightly shut against the pain. “I’m an asshole, alright? A first class, grade-A asshole and everything is completely my fault. I admit it. Now would everyone please stop *screaming* around me. Shit!” He buried his head between his heads, rubbing her hands back and forth through his hair.

David narrowed his eyes accusingly at her but she just shrugged and planted her hands on her hips.

“Ah, she’s probably somewhere plotting how best to get back at you,” David tried to joke to lighten the mood. But neither of his two teammates’ faces lightened. Chava as still glaring at Philip and Philip was wiping the back of his hand under his nose then looking at it.


************************************************************************



He carried her easily down the dimly lit corridor, his hands firmly gripping under her thighs and her legs wrapped tightly around his waist and her arms even tighter around his neck. He tried not to concentrate too much on the feel of her warmth pressed flush against his back or how her hair tickled his neck. Instead he focused on making his feet move forward and not just finding out right then and there if the back corridors were as amazing as the roof. But damn her if she wasn’t making that increasing harder with each lazy stroke of her hand under his tank top through the hair on his chest. Not to mention that soft, sleepy mewing she was doing in his ear.

“Aw, isn’t that the sweetest thing you’ve never seen?” Jubilee’s voice crashed through their hazy paradise and both their heads lifted to see her and Peter walking towards them. A large, toothy grin spread on the Asian girl’s face.

“Nice shirt, Rogue.” She winked at her.

Rogue blushed at her friend’s compliment to the large button down flannel shirt swallowing her frame. “Thanks.”

“Forget the shirt. Nice pants.” Peter added with a snort.

Logan growled at the much larger boy and tightened his grip on Marie’s legs. He didn’t like the idea that the punk was looking close enough to notice she wasn’t wearing any pants. But the warning only made the grin on Peter’s face match Jubilee’s and they looked at each, both trying to fight back from laughing.

“You‘re in my way, spark plug. Move.” Logan instructed, not wanting to delay their journey back down stairs a second longer.

But Jubilee ignored him, popping her gum. “I’m kinda surprised to see you, Wolvie. I thought you’d left a while ago.”

“Why would he leave?” Marie asked, making sure her breath went by his ear. The other two didn’t seem to react to the innuendo, but Logan’s fingers dug further into the flesh of her legs and she had to fight back the smirk threatening to form on her face.

“I dunno,” Jubilee shrugged. “His bike was gone so a+b=c kinda thing I just figured he was gone.”

“Wait.” Logan stopped, narrowing his eyes at her. “What the hell do you mean my bike is gone?!”

“It wasn’t there this morning when I went out there either.” Peter seemed to just realize.

“Who would steal the Wolverine’s bike?” Marie asked skeptically, even she wasn’t brave enough to take Logan’s bike without asking.

Logan’s head was turned slightly as if he couldn’t quite hear her. He stood like that for a second, silently, letting her words flow into and around his brain. Who the fuck *would* take his bike? They’d have to be a damn suicidal little punk to....

“Aw fuck,” he swore and released Marie’s legs, letting her slide down his body.