Author's Chapter Notes:
Drama, drama, drama. How about a little happiness?
Searching for Logan had taken longer than she expected. First she checked the usual spot he went when he was upset– the garage. But he wasn’t there so then she checked outside, where he went to be alone. And she found no Logan still.

Wondering around the lower corridors aimlessly she considered the possibility that he ran. In fact, now that she thought about it, it was a strong possibility. If he had she wouldn’t have blamed him. She was actually proud he stayed this long, considering all the abnormal circumstances.

As she walked through the brightly lit white walls, ceiling, and floors, a striking color caught the corner of her eye. Turning her head she looked at the glaring red bulb for a second and how it tainted the pristine white all around it to a dull pink. She rolled her eyes, feeling very stupid and ashamed of herself. He was in the Danger Room. Mentally she scoffed at herself, of course he was in the Danger Room. She had written him off as being on his way to Canada and she never so much as checked the Danger Room, the one place in the mansion he practically lived in.

She watched the red light while pushing the ‘ENTER’ button, and sure enough it flashed at her. A monotone female voice told her “Access Denied” just like she knew it would before it asked for the override code. All she had to do now was figure out Logan’s override code. Quickly she brain-stormed thirty or so possible choices, everything from ‘bub’ to ‘oh Canada’ but none of them sounded right. Her next step was to consult with the Logan in her head but he just told her to leave him the hell alone, the red light’s on for a reason. She took another second to think, assuring herself that she could do it. She knew Logan better than anyone, maybe even better than him. ‘Logan Logan Logan,’ she repeated to herself. Think like Logan.

“Open the damn door?” She tried and couldn’t help from breaking into a fit of giggles when the red light went out and the white wall in front of her slid open.





The first thing she was hit with was the thick cloud of smoke that hung in the air. Coughing, she waved her hand in front of her face to keep from breathing any more of it in and to clear it so that she could at least see in front of her.

She managed to make it four feet into the room before her foot caught on something and she stumbled over it. Turning her head she saw it was a robot, what was left of one anyway. That’s when she noticed the countless metal carcasses laid across the floor and briefly wondering if maybe she should have listened to the red light bulb.

Tentatively she stepped over the metallic bodies while keeping her eye out for Logan. A wire gate stretched across the two buildings, blocking her from the main street. Except for Logan had already been through there so a large section of it was ripped out. When she stepped through the hole a roar echoed from somewhere to her left. She followed the noise carefully of the debris scattered around her.

She spotted him shoved up against a wall, five or so androids all over him. She consider for a second going over there and giving him a hand. But then realized this was Logan she was talking about, he’d be more than pissed at her for it. She was going to be in enough trouble for even coming in. So she hopped up on one of the short cobble stone walls and waited for him to finally notice her.

Again he roared at the bots but this time she got to witness all the vicious glory that was Wolverine in attack mode. His lip curved back barring his sharpened canines, saliva jetting out, his eyebrows knitted tightly together. The lucky robots were thrown away, the other immediately disembowel by six razors flying around.

The remaining robots’ lives were spared for a little bit longer when Logan spotted her out of the corner of his eye. His head wiped around to verify that she was really there and not a trick of the simulation. She tried to gage how much trouble she was in by his reaction but too many played across his face too quickly. Before she had a chance to wave, smile, yell she loved him, or anything else to ease his anger, the leftover bots attacked him again.

She cringed when one of them managed to get a slice in on him. That was probably going to count against her since the only reason he didn’t see it coming was because he was gawking at her. Logan quickly recovered though, and the rest of the bots were taken out before the cut even finished healing.

He stood there and watched the sparks shoot from the severed wires at his feet, letting his breathing and heart rate slow back down. Slowly the heaving of his chest eased and he turned his head back towards her.

The look on his face was completely clear that time and she gave him a little wave. He was too far away for her to hear him but she swore that he groaned before stalking towards her.

“Hey, sugah,” she smiled at him.

With a metallic ring the claws went back to their resting place in his arms. “How the fuck did you get in here?”

She reached out and lightly grasped his wrist, pulling him closer to her, “I came in through the door. You okay? You were gone before I got up this morning.”

“I’m fine,” he grunted and crossed his arms over his broad, and stained, chest.

“That why you felt the need to tear San Francisco to its knees?” She mumbled, unable to stop the tiny bit of bitterness from leaking into her voice. She swiped some on the concrete rumble off of the wall beside her.

He stilled her hand with his heavy one. “It’s Philadelphia, darlin’. I told you I was fine.”

“So all of this, it wasn’t a Jean thing? After last night–“

“No Jean thing. I’ve dedicated years to a Jean thing and I’m done letting it control me. Last night reminded me why. This was just a typical need for destruction.”

She searched his face not quite ready to believe him. But the last thing he wanted was to keep doing this over and over again. He just wanted the Jean discussions to be behind him and stay there. So he squeezed her hand under his and winked at her. She was slightly shocked by the gesture and a small giggle escaped.

“So why did Philadelphia deserve to die?” She was now grinning ear to ear. She knew just being with him would shove all the darkness out of her.

He looked around, his tongue rubbing one of his long canines in deliberation. “I’m not real sure. I hate them stupid steak sandwiches, though.”

“You massacred a whole city because you don’t like Philly cheese steak?”

“Yeah, so what if I did, you gonna do something about it?” He smirked and stepped between her legs. Leaning against the wall she was sitting he got into her face, only a few millimeters separating their noses.

“Careful, sugah, get any closer and I might have to hurt you,” She matched his grin. It was amazing how she always considered her mutation as a curse, especially when the cure couldn’t even control it. But with Logan it was just a joke.

Suddenly his hands curved behind her knees. She squeaked when with one hard tug her body was slammed flush against his. She barely had enough time to put her hands on her shoulder to steady herself.

“Try me, darlin’.” he growled, his breath hot on her lips, and she purred in response. She wanted to come up with a smart comeback but her brain wouldn’t handle that advanced of a function.

Taking her silence as a victory his head bent down to nuzzle her neck through her hair. At the same time one of his hands slide up her side. She whimpered when it stopped beside her breast and remained still.

Inhaling her scent he grinned against her neck. “What’s the matter? You sitting on gravel or something, kid?”

She gripped his shoulders as hard as she could, “I got a pain in my ass, alright, but it ain’t gravel.”

A loud laugh echoed from his mouth and across the hollow buildings. He wrapped his arms around her shoulders and locked them behind her back, like steal bands holding her entire body against his. She had to tilt her head back to even be able to look in his face.

“Logan, I gotta ask you something.”

His eyebrow shot up at her sudden serious tone, “So ask.”

“When are we finally gonna go at it?”

“Go at it?” He snorted, “You wanna fight me?”

She rolled her eyes. Wolverine had the male one track mind, it was just on the wrong track. “No, Logan. Stay with me here. When are we finally gonna have sex? Bang, make love, screw, ‘da nasty’.”

“First off, calm down, kid. We’ve been together four weeks. Second, don’t ever say ‘da nasty’ again.”

That finally snapped something in her. She should have known being 'coy' with the Wolverine wouldn't work; it was time she got them on the same page. Because she was tired of him lagging a few chapters behind.

She was limited in how she could move, with there being no slack in his arms so she settle for grabbing his ass in her hands and whispering in his ear. “I’ve wanted you for six years. I want you to take me and take me hard. I wanna scream your name so loud, sugah, I’m hoarse for a week. I wanna make everyone that lives around us request room changes ‘cuz they can’t keep pictures on their walls. I want the world to almost go to hell because we can’t stop making each other cum long enough to save it. But most of all I want us to do *da nasty* on the roof.”

Water was beginning to gather in his eyes because they refused to blink. The words that came out of her mouth didn’t stay in his mind long enough for him to completely process them, instead they went almost instantly to an other part of his body. Finally he screamed at himself to say something and not just stand there drooling. “So...um..why the roof?”

Her entire face light up when he didn’t say no sex til she was at least thirty or something like that. “The real question, sugah, is why NOT the roof.”

His hands moved down from her back to under her butt and lifted her off the wall, “Roof it is.”

She giggled against his neck between quick nips, “No, Logan, stop!”

He stopped, standing in front of the door. “What? You said you wanted roof. I’m giving you roof.”

“No, it has to be a night,” she explained. Her cheeks were starting to ache from smiling so wide. She petted the back of his head. “With the stars above us and trees for miles around us.”

He was fascinated by the glowing from her eyes, how the deep brown color of them could darken but the light in them gleam brighter. “Sounds like this roof thing is important to you.”

She shrugged, “I’ve lingered on it for a while.”

“Well then, we gotta make sure it’s perfect. That means practice.” He pinched her butt and she squeaked and jumped in his arms causing her body to rub hard against his. The contact made them moan unanimously.

“Open the damn door!” He yelled and the destroyed city disappeared around them. The door slide open and he carried her out, showing no sign of setting her down any time soon.