Author's Chapter Notes:
I thought I was done with chapter nine. It showed me I was wrong, go figure. I guess my stories are just smarter than I am. -.-'
She wouldn’t tell him what had her so upset. Just quietly took her seat beside him at the table and immediately concentrated on her food, although with no kind of vigor. Even Storm noticed her sour mood and sent a questioning glance to Logan, for which he could only shrug. Marie was never one for holding her opinions in so he figured her silence meant it was something she didn’t wanted everyone to know. So he conceded to push the questioning till later when they were alone and for now settled on gently taking her hand under the table.

Suddenly Kitty came running through the cafeteria door, quite literally. Bobby was a few steps behind her, actually having to stop to open the door. The two ran straight to the faculty table, past the hundreds of wide-eyed kids.

“The jets gone,” Bobby declared, leaning against table right beside Storm.

“What? How the fuck could the jet be gone?” Logan snapped instantly raising to his feet.

Storm held her slender hand up and shook her head, “Please, everyone calm down. Surely there is a reasonable explanation.”

“Um...” Kitty was reluctant to say anything and was nervously wringing her hands together. But Bobby nudged her and jerked his head toward the others, urging her on.

“Chava, Phil, Ricochet, and David are gone too.” She finally spoke up, even though it was more of a whisper.

Marie stood up beside Logan, “They took the jet?”

“Those little rug rats jacked the damn jet!?” Logan repeated, evidently not hearing her. Marie laid what was intended as a calming hand on his shoulder, but his nostrils remained flaring, definitely ready to attack.

Storm sighed and pushed away her tray, “We should be asking ourselves why they took it.”

“You cares why? They had no right. That’s stealing. That’s grand theft aircraft!” Bobby threw his arms in the arm, making very exaggerated motions. “We don’t even know if one of them can fly!”

“I’m sure one of them knows how to fly...” Kitty timidly disagreed.

“There’s nothing we can do anyway,” Marie pointed out and they all looked sharply at her when the words left her mouth. “They have the jet. And we have no clue where they went, not to mention no way of finding them.”

“That’s true,” Strom nodded at her, “We will simply have to wait till they come back and demand an explanation.”

“IF they come back,” Bobby hissed.

“Wait, you’re telling me there’s no low-jack or tracking device of any kind on that damn thing?”

“No, Logan, we’ve never LOST a jet before,” Storm answered him.

“What do we do till they come back?” Marie asked trying to keep the worried tone out of her voice.

“IF!” Bobby felt the need to remind them.

“I’ll tell you what I’m doing to do,” Logan growled and stepped away from the table, separating himself from the group. “I’m gonna go sharpen my fucking claws.”

The tears that were just a nuisance in the back of her eyes earlier were now a full fighting force. It was amazing how quick a day could spiral down. She woke up this morning confident from finally having the love of the man she’s always dreamed of and a missionary mission of mending the little dispute between him and his daughter. Which now after this will surely be miles wide.

Kitty moved toward her and wrapped her arms around her and Marie was instantly comforted that the same choked look was in the other girl’s eyes. “Come on, Rogue. Let’s go watch the news and hope we don’t see anything.” She nodded and smiled at her. The two of them were never great friends, but they had shared the Jubilee then later the Bobby bond. Now she couldn’t imagine anyone else she wanted to sit worried and miserable in front of a T.V. with.




*********************************************


He sat in the control room, his sharp eyes leaving the screen only long enough to blink. The claws were out not because he was shredding anything, presently anyway. But just because he could not get them to go back in, the muscles in his forearms were strung as tight as the rest of his body. As soon as the first ‘beep’ came out of the radar, signaling something was coming over their airspace, he was up and out of the chair waiting at the doors of the hanger.

The roar from the engines of the jet echoed off the walls of the hanger and the air stream coming off of them frantically blew his hair around his face. They probably would have knocked him clean to his feet, if he hadn’t had three-hundred pounds of metal grafted to his bones, that is. He promised Marie he would wait in the control room for them, but he wanted their assess the minute they stepped off the jet.

The platform lowered, too slowly for his liking. He saw Ricochet stepping out looking just as she did the first day he saw her. Mat-finish black leotard and guns strapped all over her. Her face was smudged but he couldn’t tell if it was dirt, bruising or just the darkness of demeanor as she walked down the platform.

“You got three seconds before I claw your ass up, girly,” he growled, marching over to her and quickly squashing the distance between them.

“Shut up.” She spat back, her voice low and shaking.

The command was enough to stop him and his cocked his eyebrow at her, no longer entertained by her boldness with him. “Excuse me? I don’t think—“

“Shut up!” she yelled this time. Actually it was more of a shriek that made his sensitive ears want to bleed. “You have to go get the doctor. Now. You can bitch at me all you want later but we need the god damn doctor now!”

She seemed to crack right in front of him. Her voice was hoarse with emotions and sobs, although she wasn’t actually crying, despite her blotchy eyes. He was torn between going to her and doing what she actually told him to. And looking at her he wasn’t sure he even wanted to know what happened or where they’ve been. The fact that evidently it wasn’t her that was hurt was little comfort to him. She was the only one that walked out. There was no way that could be anything but a bad sign. She looked so much like Marie when all the others died...

“Go!” she screamed so loud at him her voice completely gave out before she could finish the word.